Many Odd Bills Bits....

Bears | Jones Waived

Tue, 28 Jun 2005 14:49:51 -0700

Larry Mayer, of Chicago Bears.com, reports the Chicago Bears have waived PK Tyler Jones.

-Everyone here was very high on this kid, as was I. I was shocked that he wasn't drafted as everyone had him as the 2nd best Kicker coming out of the draft besides Nugent. He became expendable after the Bears signed Paul Edinger. I would LOVE for him to tryout for Buffalo.

Chiefs | Contract Was Offered to Law

Mon, 27 Jun 2005 22:29:46 -0700

Updating ongoing reports, according to Sports Illustrated's Peter King, free agent CB Ty Law (Patriots) has confirmed that he turned down a big-money contract offer from the Kansas City Chiefs earlier in the offseason. "Before they signed (CB Patrick Surtain), the Chiefs gave me, like, a $42 million offer. But it was structured so bad that I'd probably only make $10 million before they'd cut me. So I didn't do it.''

-Do I really have to say anything about that? If anyone thinks TD is going to give Law a better offer than that then they're high!

-I work at the Dick's location of Marketplace Mall in Rochester. Today when I came in I noticed that they had a bunch of #11 throwback jersey's on the shelf. They were Roscoe Parrish jerseys. I thought this was a little odd because we usually don't see them until the player is signed. But I thought i'd just pass that along.

Bears | Jones Waived

Tue, 28 Jun 2005 14:49:51 -0700

Larry Mayer, of Chicago Bears.com, reports the Chicago Bears have waived PK Tyler Jones.

-Everyone here was very high on this kid, as was I. I was shocked that he wasn't drafted as everyone had him as the 2nd best Kicker coming out of the draft besides Nugent. He became expendable after the Bears signed Paul Edinger. I would LOVE for him to tryout for Buffalo.

I thought the vikes signed edinger...

http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/187530

Chiefs | Contract Was Offered to Law

Mon, 27 Jun 2005 22:29:46 -0700

Updating ongoing reports, according to Sports Illustrated's Peter King, free agent CB Ty Law (Patriots) has confirmed that he turned down a big-money contract offer from the Kansas City Chiefs earlier in the offseason. "Before they signed (CB Patrick Surtain), the Chiefs gave me, like, a $42 million offer. But it was structured so bad that I'd probably only make $10 million before they'd cut me. So I didn't do it.''

370437[/snapback]

Man it must suck to ONLY make 10 mil in a couple of seasons...greedy !@#$er...