Life at "The U"

Dan III

it never gets old...

"UM-getting our athletes accustomed to wearing orange..."

Go 'Noles, !@#$ the 'canes (and gators for that matter)

369866[/snapback]

!@#$ em all, go Texas.

(Its fun saying that when I go to my "home" in Florida during breaks)

First, there's the environment. It's not like there's anything special about the place itself. The weight room houses the same machinery you'll find in any other training facility. The blocking sleds and the tackling dummies are no different and the practice fields still measure 100 yards.

Like I said before, UM doesn't have any equipment that any NFL team doesn't have.

Like I said before, UM doesn't have any equipment that any NFL team doesn't have.

370179[/snapback]

As recently as a couple years ago, they didn't have the type of training facility that most football factories had, let alone NFL quality. Let's not kid ourselves, they go back because they want to hang with their boys. I'm a 'Canes fan, and this stuff helps recruiting a ton, but IMO, it's still better to be working with your pro teammates on football rather than lifting weights and hooping with your college homies.

As recently as a couple years ago, they didn't have the type of training facility that most football factories had, let alone NFL quality.  Let's not kid ourselves, they go back because they want to hang with their boys.  I'm a 'Canes fan, and this stuff helps recruiting a ton, but IMO, it's still better to be working with your pro teammates on football rather than lifting weights and hooping with your college homies.

That's what I was saying, i.e. that it's not the equipment and facilities, which you'd find on any pro team's compound, it's the atmosphere and company. Someone was trying to tell us that UM has better stuff than most pro teams.