Draft Golisano for NYS Gov - 2006

it will be an uphill battle to beat Elliot Spitzer who currently has a large lead in the polls.

Golly really needs to spend some time in the down-state area of NY in order to have a chance....and at this point i have no idea if people in that area know him.

NO.  this is not a good idea.  we need him to buy the bills when ralph passes on.  He cant have a job like gov of ny.  He wont be able to handle both.

370111[/snapback]

Well, it might not be bad to have a WNY advocate in the governors mansion. Rumour has it that Rudy Guliani is interested in buying an NHL team. Maybe he buys the Sabres off of Goly, and it keeps Rudy out of politcal office, and we have a high profile owner! Kill two birds with one stone...

Well, it might not be bad to have a WNY advocate in the governors mansion. Rumour has it that Rudy Guliani is interested in buying an NHL team. Maybe he buys the Sabres off of Goly, and it keeps Rudy out of politcal office, and we have a high profile owner! Kill two birds with one stone...

NO WHAMMY NO WHAMMY...Then Rudy cant run against hillary in 06 (or 08)... and she becomes president....WHAMMY.

NO WHAMMY NO WHAMMY...Then Rudy cant run against hillary in 06 (or 08)... and she becomes president....WHAMMY.

371936[/snapback]

Hillary will not be the Democratic presidential candidate in 2008, mark my words... :(

The Democrats, as pathetic as the party is becoming, will ultimately choose a candidate that would have been considered to have Republican like qualities in 2000!

Hillary will not be the Democratic presidential candidate in 2008, mark my words... :(

The Democrats, as pathetic as the party is becoming, will ultimately choose a candidate that would have been considered to have Republican like qualities in 2000!

372739[/snapback]

With today's world of the primary and mostly voter choice by one party (crossover in the Democratic primary for open primaries will be small I think due to it not being an exciting race, theres likely to be more crossover for the Republican primaries), I don't see how theres anyway that the Democratic primary voters select anyone but Hillary (especially since there is an age and education bias in primaries, and those people will tend to favor Hillary's strong position for Health Care reform).

FOX News/Opinion Dynamics Poll. June 14-15, 2005. N=900 registered voters nationwide.

"If the 2008 Democratic presidential primary were held today, for whom would you vote if the candidates were [see below]?"  Names rotated. Among Democratic voters; MoE ± 5

%   

Hillary Rodham Clinton 44

John Kerry 17

John Edwards 13

Joseph Biden 6

Wesley Clark 2

Evan Bayh 1

Mark Warner 1

Other (vol.) 2

Unsure 13

Wouldn't vote (vol.) 1

With today's world of the primary and mostly voter choice by one party (crossover in the Democratic primary for open primaries will be small I think due to it not being an exciting race, theres likely to be more crossover for the Republican primaries), I don't see how theres anyway that the Democratic primary voters select anyone but Hillary (especially since there is an age and education bias in primaries, and those people will tend to favor Hillary's strong position for Health Care reform).

372748[/snapback]

It is still a ways until the primaries. Hillary Clinton is far too devisive a figure, even among Democrats to become their leading candidate, I believe. The Democrats will want to re-take the White House, I just don't see how she would stand a chance. Politics are so dirty nowadays, I wouldn't put it past her own party to derail her efforts to win the nomination. No matter how you feel about her politics, you know there is very little chance she could win a national election, amongst all candidates. I think it is still a pipe dream for some that a woman will win a nomination for one of the two major parties (Clinton or Rice), particularly not Hillary Clinton...right now, she is the leading candidate, but you can be sure someone else will emerge as stronger opposition than John Kerry. Her name was thrown out there (likely by Rush Limbaugh :) ) the day after the last election...

372748[/snapback]

17 percent picking Kerry, now that is messed up. They must love losing. Even a complete Hillary hater has to believe she would have a better chance than Kerry on a second go-around; she is much better at making impressions.

17 percent picking Kerry, now that is messed up.  They must love losing.  Even a complete Hillary hater has to believe she would have a better chance than Kerry on a second go-around; she is much better at making impressions.

373288[/snapback]

Tell me about it. Of that list whack the first 4 automatically. I like Clark, don't know the rest.

N=900 registered voters nationwide

372748[/snapback]

the sample doesn't say registered democrats, it just says registered voters. i wonder what the percentage of republican/democrat/independant/3rd party voters is in that sample. i suspect a chunk of that 44% came from republicans who see hillary as an easy opponent

Tell me about it. Of that list whack the first 4 automatically. I like Clark, don't know the rest.

373292[/snapback]

Biden has something good to say every once in awhile, but still has the Senate record and an unsuccessful presidential bid 20 years ago hanging over him. I'll admit Clark was the guy I voted for in the primaries. If he's running again he should (and had better) have a much more organized campaign. I wonder, if Hillary does run, if Clark makes way for her as a friend of the Clintons. Perhaps he'd join her ticket? That'd be interesting. I am not saying I'd vote for it, but it'd be interesting.

Biden has something good to say every once in awhile, but still has the Senate record and an unsuccessful presidential bid 20 years ago hanging over him.  I'll admit Clark was the guy I voted for in the primaries.  If he's running again he should (and had better) have a much more organized campaign.  I wonder, if Hillary does run, if Clark makes way for her as a friend of the Clintons.  Perhaps he'd join her ticket?  That'd be interesting.  I am not saying I'd vote for it, but it'd be interesting.

373307[/snapback]

If Clark does run again, which I hope he does, I am positive he'll be more prepared, he's too smart not to be. I am also willing to bet he won't pick anyone from the Gore or Kerry teams to run his campaign :)

I also hope there is someone decent(i.e moderate not some crazed arch-right wing nutsack) to choose from on the Republican side as well.

372748[/snapback]

the sample doesn't say registered democrats, it just says registered voters.  i wonder what the percentage of republican/democrat/independant/3rd party voters is in that sample.  i suspect a chunk of that 44% came from republicans who see hillary as an easy opponent

373301[/snapback]

From the poll:

Names rotated. Among Democratic voters; MoE ± 5

It is still a ways until the primaries.  Hillary Clinton is far too devisive a figure, even among Democrats to become their leading candidate, I believe.  The Democrats will want to re-take the White House, I just don't see how she would stand a chance.  Politics are so dirty nowadays, I wouldn't put it past her own party to derail her efforts to win the nomination.  No matter how you feel about her politics, you know there is very little chance she could win a national election, amongst all candidates. I think it is still a pipe dream for some that a woman will win a  nomination for one of the two major parties (Clinton or Rice), particularly not Hillary Clinton...right now, she is the leading candidate, but you can be sure someone else will emerge as stronger opposition than John Kerry.  Her name was thrown out there (likely by Rush Limbaugh :devil: ) the day after the last election...

373284[/snapback]

The parties no longer have control over the primaries, its all pretty much up to the voters.

If the democratic voters want Hillary (and it seems like by an overwhelming margin right now that they do), she'll get the nomination.