UK Bills Backers just went #1

Bills Backers of Orlando have 17 members?

I don't think so. They had well over 100 when I was there years ago.

369777[/snapback]

It's all to do with getting the members registered 'officially' with the Bills online...

It may not be 100% true - but I like it!

NYCBBB has something approaching 1000 members if I am correct...

Does tea go that well with football anyways?

369768[/snapback]

Let me tell ya this, I am over in the UK bout every six weeks, and those boys ain't drinkin tea watching games of any sort, including the World Dart Championships

Bills Backers of Orlando have 17 members?

I don't think so. They had well over 100 when I was there years ago.

369777[/snapback]

We have about 150 now, There's something wrong with the reporting? The whole site is screwed up! I keep getting membership requests from other chapters? I think that it will be a good resource, but the kinks should have been ironed out before it was ever posted.

Jeff

It's all to do with getting the members registered 'officially' with the Bills online...

It may not be 100% true - but I like it!

NYCBBB has something approaching 1000 members if I am correct...

369781[/snapback]

I see? Well I dought that anyone has the time to sit down and register all there members. Between my family and work, there's very little time left. It's tough enough dealing with it during the season.

Jeff

I see? Well I dought that enyone has the time to sit down and register all there members. Between my family and work, there's very little time left. It's tough enough dealing with it during the season.

Jeff

369796[/snapback]

The Boston chapter has over 400 members in our list. Adding all of these people to the Bills' list is not a problem technically -- I can write a program to do that -- it's an ethical one. Our members joined our list, under our privacy policy. I'm not about to go stick them all on another list without their permission.

Furthermore, it doesn't help _me_ to have the names in the Bills list. I have my own database that's served me well for over 10 years. I take signups from the Bills list and simply bounce them into my own database. It's a one-way street for me.

If any other chapters want to peek at my back-end system, I'll gladly show you what I have. I take emails in through Outlook (yikes!) and route them to a mySQL database, or use HTTP to post to the ymlp.com list. I've got a PHP system running on Apache for reporting and management. Geeky, yes, but it's a nice way to teach myself some new technology.

The Boston chapter has over 400 members in our list.  Adding all of these people to the Bills' list is not a problem technically -- I can write a program to do that -- it's an ethical one.  Our members joined our list, under our privacy policy.  I'm not about to go stick them all on another list without their permission.

Furthermore, it doesn't help _me_ to have the names in the Bills list.  I have my own database that's served me well for over 10 years.  I take signups from the Bills list and simply bounce them into my own database. It's a one-way street for me.

If any other chapters want to peek at my back-end system, I'll gladly show you what I have.  I take emails in through Outlook (yikes!) and route them to a mySQL database, or use HTTP to post to the ymlp.com list.  I've got a PHP system running on Apache for reporting and management.  Geeky, yes, but it's a nice way to teach myself some new technology.

369814[/snapback]

I'm too incompetant to try anything like that. I'm relying on the Bills site to manage my memberships and keeping a simple mailing list in Thunderbird to mail members.

What BB.com need to do is provide 'presidents' with an export facility with that list so we can capture all the information on email addresses simply and use them constructively... I have suggested it.

The Boston chapter has over 400 members in our list.  Adding all of these people to the Bills' list is not a problem technically -- I can write a program to do that -- it's an ethical one.  Our members joined our list, under our privacy policy.  I'm not about to go stick them all on another list without their permission.

Furthermore, it doesn't help _me_ to have the names in the Bills list.  I have my own database that's served me well for over 10 years.  I take signups from the Bills list and simply bounce them into my own database. It's a one-way street for me.

If any other chapters want to peek at my back-end system, I'll gladly show you what I have.  I take emails in through Outlook (yikes!) and route them to a mySQL database, or use HTTP to post to the ymlp.com list.  I've got a PHP system running on Apache for reporting and management.  Geeky, yes, but it's a nice way to teach myself some new technology.

369814[/snapback]

Well, I agree that's the other question that I have. I'm not sure why they need to know all that info? I don't think that there's anything shady, but it's questionable. When I had my first club in Ocala, Fl they were very helpful with the start up and sending things, now not so much. I'm not bashing BBI, I'm just saying that things have changed alot.

Jeff

We have about 150 now, There's something wrong with the reporting? The whole site is screwed up! I keep getting membership requests from other chapters? I think that it will be a good resource, but the kinks should have been ironed out before it was ever posted.

Jeff

369788[/snapback]

Our chapter has something liek 25 members, but only 7 of us have registered.

I'm too incompetant to try anything like that. I'm relying on the Bills site to manage my memberships and keeping a simple mailing list in Thunderbird to mail members.

What BB.com need to do is provide 'presidents' with an export facility with that list so we can capture all the information on email addresses simply and use them constructively... I have suggested it.

369820[/snapback]

I've suggested something like that, too.

My system typically gets an overhaul when I want to learn something new for my resume :-)

I've been told that on 7/1 they're going to do a "soft" rollout of a new website with improved management features. Look for an official announcement sometime in July.

The entire operation has been overhauled and moved into the marketing group at OBD, with an entirely new cast of characters. Things have been really herky-jerky so far, and communication has not been ideal, but I'm optimistic that the new website will help things out considerably.

jc

I've been told that on 7/1 they're going to do a "soft" rollout of a new website with improved management features.  Look for an official announcement sometime in July.

The entire operation has been overhauled and moved into the marketing group at OBD, with an entirely new cast of characters.  Things have been really herky-jerky so far, and communication has not been ideal, but I'm optimistic that the new website will help things out considerably.

jc

369846[/snapback]

I heard the same - but they have been singing from that hymn sheet for a while now. This new website better be good...

I hope that now they are in Marketing, the chaps arranging Bills Backers might be able to lend a hand to chapters that need it... It should help them better target marketing opportunities so I am all for the switch.