New football video game....

Buftex

I heard on the radio this morning (sorry no link), that the folks at Midway games, pissed over the NFL's decision to give exclusive NFL copyright liscence to EA SPORTS/Madden franchise, have developed their game for the upcoming season, and it is full of slaps at the NFL. The teams are in the same cities as NFL cities, and borrow the respective NFL team colors. The wrinkle is, many of the player names take slaps at NFL players. The Baltimore Felons, for example feature a stud linebacker named Law Dodger, and the Atlanta Red Birds are QB'd by, you guessed it, Ron Mexico....

Good idea. I never played ESPN, but it probably improoved Madden. Also for the price of ESPN you couldn't go wrong. whatever happened to quarterback club?

369418[/snapback]

ESPN is awesome. I've never played a better NFL game than NFL 2K5. I was so disappointed with Madden05 - it had clunky graphics and the gameplay was not improved.

ESPN is so slick, the player movements impressive, and so much better than Madden that I am probably not going to buy Madden06... Will wait for PS3 and the next gen NFL games to arrive in 2007.

I heard on the radio this morning (sorry no link), that the folks at Midway games, pissed over the NFL's decision to give exclusive NFL copyright liscence to EA SPORTS/Madden franchise, have developed their game for the upcoming season, and it is full of slaps at the NFL.  The teams are in the same cities as NFL cities, and borrow the respective NFL team colors.  The wrinkle is, many of the player names take slaps at NFL players.  The Baltimore Felons, for example feature a stud linebacker named Law Dodger, and the Atlanta Red Birds are QB'd by, you guessed it, Ron Mexico....

369404[/snapback]

Good for Midway. I hate that there will be no NFL2K6 this year.

ESPN is so slick, the player movements impressive, and so much better than Madden that I am probably not going to buy Madden06... Will wait for PS3 and the next gen NFL games to arrive in 2007.

369444[/snapback]

I think that ESPN's presentaion was far beyond Madden. EA puts absolutely no effort into the commentary, graphical presentation. Same old lame lines by Madden and sometimes they are completely out of synch with the game. The Midway game sounds like it will be interesting. I wonder how the gameplay will be?