Bills would like to work out a deal with Clements

the lack of a CBA hasn't stopped todd heap, jamal williams, santana moss, marcus stroud, and many others from signing long-term with their current clubs this off-season.......what makes their situations different then nate's? how come they got deals done but it's unrealistic for us to expect the bills to work out something with nate now?

369829[/snapback]

For Ralph, how the local revenues get shared is a big deal on how he may want to structure a bonus payment. Thats why the owners are in this pissing match with each other.Those revenues affect more than the cap, they affect cash flows.

And too Fakes point, the TV deals are all done, the last one to get done was the Sunday-Monday night package.

However, how much of that revenue will be go towrads players salaries as yet to be determined by the agreement on a new CBA.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

And too Fakes point, the TV deals are all done, the last one to get done was the Sunday-Monday night package.

However, how much of that revenue will be go towrads players salaries as yet to be determined by the agreement on a new CBA.

370176[/snapback]

Exactly, the playing field is still unclear. Some players are more risk averse and they prefer the security of a deal up front now even if it means they may get less cash than if they waited. Other players either have an insane level of confidence in themselves or for some reason assume bad things like injuries will not happen to them.

I think this difference in risk aversion explains why some players are like Stroud or Heap and others are hanging out waiting to maximize their take.

I don't know NC so I have no idea where he falls on the risk aversion scale. he certainly plays like his hair is on fire (sometimes out of control with the good and bad that comes with it) so he seems to be a risk taker but maybe his family is poor, a relative has cancer or some other factor will drive him to the table.

I think however, folks are making an assumption which may be totally wrong that the reason there is no deal is because TD is a cheapskate. If I was NC I would not mak a deal until the last minute at best and actually I would probably take a risksince I already have first round $ in the bank and not sign a conract and wait until the FA market. I saw what Winfield got and I think I can get more than that by being in the free-market.

I wouldn't be surprised if he signed with a crappy team for loads of cash!  Ala, Jennings.  These things don't faze me with regard to Pro athletes greed.

368948[/snapback]

The difference is Jonas was free to sign with anyone. If we can't get Nate to agree to a contract, you can bet the farm he will be tagged. If we don't keep him, we will get something for him ala P Price.