Travis puzzle

vegas55

:ph34r: The apparent leading contenders for Travis are Jags & Titans. How is he any better off there than in Buffalo. Barring injury (which could just as easily happen in Buffalo) he will still be a backup, to either Taylor or Brown. So he is going to be a malcontent here because he's #2 to Willis, but a happy camper as a #2 with either of those teams? Makes zero sense, but TH isn't that bright anyway. Given the Bills all out offensive commitment to a power running game, travis should be kept as insurance unless someone is willing to part with a second round draft choice.

Well, he feels wronged here.. He wants to leave. I understand that. In TEN there is a good chance he would start over brown. Brown is not that good, and fans there love TH after his days at UT.

As for Jacksonville...Fred Taylor needs a portable MRI machine with him wherever he goes. Travis knows he will play when (not if) fred gets hurt.

both are better options than buffalo for him. But even if willis goes down...we cant rely on travis. He doesnt want to be here, he has lost the respect of the fans...its a lose/lose situation.

Well, he feels wronged here.. He wants to leave.  I understand that.  In TEN there is a good chance he would start over brown.  Brown is not that good, and fans there love TH after his days at UT.

As for Jacksonville...Fred Taylor needs a portable MRI machine with him wherever he goes.  Travis knows he will play when (not if) fred gets hurt.

both are better options than buffalo for him.  But even if willis goes down...we cant rely on travis.  He doesnt want to be here, he has lost the respect of the fans...its a lose/lose situation.

368061[/snapback]

You're kidding right?

You obviously never watched Brown play.

First off, he isn't injury prone, contrary to reports, he has been in the league 2 years, was the backup his first year and started 12 games last year. He looksed great in those games, and bring a complete game to Tenny.

Taylor has obviously had some injury issues the last couple of years but if he is healthy he is one of the top backs in the league. Complete and total domination at that position in the NFL.

Travis has as much if more injury issues then these two and is nowhere near the player that either of these two guys is. Travis would be a backup on either of those teams, period.

You're kidding right?

You obviously never watched Brown play. 

First off, he isn't injury prone, contrary to reports, he has been in the league 2 years, was the backup his first year and started 12 games last year.  He looksed great in those games, and bring a complete game to Tenny. 

Taylor has obviously had some injury issues the last couple of years but if he is healthy he is one of the top backs in the league.  Complete and total domination at that position in the NFL.

Travis has as much if more injury issues then these two and is nowhere near the player that either of these two guys is.  Travis would be a backup on either of those teams, period.

368084[/snapback]

I think Brown's a very good running back but he IS injury prone and he runs way too high.

I think Brown's a very good running back but he IS injury prone and he runs way too high.

368087[/snapback]

Is he related to Ricky Williams? Drug suspension should get him then.....

Oh, you mean upright....nevermind....

368087[/snapback]

Hershel Walker ran too high, and while not the greatest back in history, he was pretty damn good. But Brown is a good back, and I don't see how one off season broken hand and missing 4 games last year qualifies him as injury prone. Travis missed more with injury last year and is constantly dinged, so to compare Brown to Travis and say Brown is injury prone but Travis isn't more so is stupid.

368087[/snapback]

I third that. Brown was banged up at Colorado and just seems too fragile for his own style of running. Travis Henry or not, Brown is not a guy you can build consistency around, IMO. Norm Chow probably isn't enamored with Travis' shortcomings in the passing game(blocking/receiving) but Henry is a good fit for the 1999-2000 Titans approach to offense. His lack of breakaway ability is almost a positive in that style which allows the team to control the clock and get in third and short situations in the style of Eddie George or Otis Anderson. Travis 3.8-4.0 ypc aren't padded by 20-30 yard runs, he's a grinder. Didn't work as well here because the personnel in place drops too many passes and threw too many errant short passes.

Hershel Walker ran too high, and while not the greatest back in history, he was pretty damn good.  But Brown is a good back, and I don't see how one off season broken hand and missing 4 games last year qualifies him as injury prone.  Travis missed more with injury last year and is constantly dinged, so to compare Brown to Travis and say Brown is injury prone but Travis isn't more so is stupid.

368100[/snapback]

Uh, because he also missed portions of the other games he actually played in (he only had 69 second half carries all season, while his backup, Antowain Smith, had 81 - despite starting only 4 games). I wouldn't compare Brown to Hershel - more of a poor man's Eric Dickerson.

I wasn't comparing Travis to Brown but feel free to rant on. You may be able to fit some kind of Alaska slam in to, since that never has anything to do with anything either.

Uh, because he also missed portions of the other games he actually played in (he only had 69 second half carries all season, while his backup, Antowain Smith, had 81 - despite starting only 4 games).  I wouldn't compare Brown to Hershel - more of a poor man's Eric Dickerson.

I wasn't comparing Travis to Brown but feel free to rant on.  You may be able to fit some kind of Alaska slam in to, since that never has anything to do with anything either.

368108[/snapback]

Okay, so he can't play a complete game consistantly, I will give you that, but my point is Brown is a better starting back. Having a good backup to take some of the carries off him will be good, just as it would for most backs in the league. But my point is Brown is a much better overall back then Travis, period.

A far as your second statement, I tried, but just wasn't able to come up with something so I left it alone. :ph34r:

Okay, so he can't play a complete game consistantly, I will give you that, but my point is Brown is a better starting back.  Having a good backup to take some of the carries off him will be good, just as it would for most backs in the league.  But my point is Brown is a much better overall back then Travis, period. 

A far as your second statement, I tried, but just wasn't able to come up with something so I left it alone.   :ph34r:

368111[/snapback]

I didn't dispute that Brown isn't a very good back - only that he is injury prone. Stop being so damn defensive about everything else just because you're wrong about pot.

I didn't dispute that Brown isn't a very good back - only that he is injury prone.  Stop being so damn defensive about everything else just because you're wrong about pot.

368114[/snapback]

I am not wrong. Secondly, I am just asking how you can deam him injury prone, when he has been in the league 2 years and only started one?

Brown is slightly injury prone, usually he suffers only minor dings, but he's still young so its hard to tell if he'll be able to shake that label. However, He is a very talented runner when healthy. The guy was my 3rd RB in fantasy last year and my favorite to watch every week until Willis Broke out(my other was Edge). Either way, Travis can bring a lot to the table in Jax or Tenn.