Tom Cruise - The wheels are flying off

Talonz

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Amazing how a high school flunk-out can lecture the rest of us on neuroscience/biochemistry/psychiatry.

Only in Hollywood...

366768[/snapback]

Hey, anyone can have an opinion. The big mystery's why "we" care about it when they're famous as opposed to being a check out clerk or construction worker.

Read the letters to the editor section of any daily newspaper and you'll find just as many "dumb folks" lecturing about something....

well, this is kind of my point. the guy may be a jackas$ in comparison with the general public and their views as to what is deemed as "normal" for us, but still, he bangs hot chicks, is retarditly rich and is good looking for his age. i am playing devels advocate here in this thread, but really, there are a ton of "morons" in this world, but he has it made. and he could care less about us!

Hey, anyone can have an opinion.  The big mystery's why "we" care about it when they're famous as opposed to being a check out clerk or construction worker.

Read the letters to the editor section of any daily newspaper and you'll find just as many "dumb folks" lecturing about something....

366859[/snapback]

ok, so he knows nothing about neuroscience/biochemistry/psychiatry, and he is a scientologist.  and he flunked high school.  but he still bangs hot chicks, is super rich and looks great for his age.

366787[/snapback]

And that's all that matters in life, right? Making money, looking good, and banging hot chicks?

I smell something burning, so go check on your Hot Pocket before you reply.

well, in some circles, yes, being able to do the 3 things we have talked about would be all that matters in life.

but maybe bieng good at neuroscience/biochemistry/psychiatry is all that matters in life? maybe graduating from high school is all that matter life? is that all that matter in the circles you hang out in?

do you see a contradiction here? is hypocrite a word you are familiar with? is your post bordering on being sanctimonious? is it tartuffan? is it pharisee? read Roget's II before replying. i smell what the rock is cooking!

And that's all that matters in life, right? Making money, looking good, and banging hot chicks?

I smell something burning, so go check on your Hot Pocket before you reply.

366911[/snapback]

well, in some circles, yes, being able to do the 3 things we have talked about would be all that matters in life.

but maybe bieng good at neuroscience/biochemistry/psychiatry is all that matters in life?  maybe graduating from high school is all that matter life?  is that all that matter in the circles you hang out in?

do you see a contradiction here?  is hypocrite a word you are familiar with?  is your post bordering on being sanctimonious?  is it tartuffan?  is it pharisee?  read Roget's II before replying.  i smell what the rock is cooking!

367008[/snapback]

Haha, Devil's Advocate, thy name is Roscoe, indeed!

You're mostly right, Roscoe. No, graduating from high school and/or pursuing biology are obviously not the most important things in life. People can do whatever they want that makes them happy, so long as they are not hurting others in the process. For many people, a high school diploma and mastery of biology are not prerequisites for happiness. So if looking good and banging hot chicks and making money is all that matters to someone, it's none of my business.

But here is where Mr. Cruise bothers me (he also bothers me because he is a horribly overrated actor that is capable of only playing the generic Top Gun hero character type - but I'll save that discussion for another time, if ever):

Tom Cruise, because he is famous, is in a much greater position of influencing the minds of easily impressionable adolescents than any other Joe Schmoe arse-clown with an opinion. Mr. Top Gun should therefore have a much greater sense of responsibility when shouting opinion. It comes with the territory of being an adult. In real life, when the rest of us spew nonsense about stuff we know little about, we get called out on it by other adults. When grown adults tell children that black people are genetically inferior or that gravity is not real, the rest of us have our own obligation to call these a-holes out.

And what makes Cruise's position much more dangerous - in my opinion - is rooted in the fact that depression and mental illness have become an epidemic among America's impressionable adolescents. Many young kids today don't get the proper treatment that they need, and this is due in part to the general ignorance of mental illness among the American public. High rates of teenage suicide are the result. So when Mr. Cruise talks of psychiatry as a pseudoscience and as a waste of resources, then these impressionable kids (mainly the kids with poor parenting and/or poor health care coverage) are at a greater danger of not seeking out the proper medical treatment they could need to get better.

A combination of drug therapy and talk therapy is the best means for treating mental illnesses, as opposed to paying a small fee to be a part of this fake Scientology bullstevestojan Church. Virtually 100% of trained medical professionals agree with this view, and the scientific evidence is there to support them.

Peace out,

-KH

Haha, Devil's Advocate, thy name is Roscoe, indeed!

You're mostly right, Roscoe. No, graduating from high school and/or pursuing biology are obviously not the most important things in life. People can do whatever they want that makes them happy, so long as they are not hurting others in the process. For many people, a high school diploma and mastery of biology are not prerequisites for happiness. So if looking good and banging hot chicks and making money is all that matters to someone, it's none of my business.

But here is where Mr. Cruise bothers me (he also bothers me because he is a horribly overrated actor that is capable of only playing the generic Top Gun hero character type - but I'll save that discussion for another time, if ever):

Tom Cruise, because he is famous, is in a much greater position of influencing the minds of easily impressionable adolescents than any other Joe Schmoe arse-clown with an opinion. Mr. Top Gun should therefore have a much greater sense of responsibility when shouting opinion. It comes with the territory of being an adult. In real life, when the rest of us spew nonsense about stuff we know little about, we get called out on it by other adults. When grown adults tell children that black people are genetically inferior or that gravity is not real, the rest of us have our own obligation to call these a-holes out.

And what makes Cruise's position much more dangerous - in my opinion - is rooted in the fact that depression and mental illness have become an epidemic among America's impressionable adolescents. Many young kids today don't get the proper treatment that they need, and this is due in part to the general ignorance of mental illness among the American public. High rates of teenage suicide are the result. So when Mr. Cruise talks of psychiatry as a pseudoscience and as a waste of resources, then these impressionable kids (mainly the kids with poor parenting and/or poor health care coverage) are at a greater danger of not seeking out the proper medical treatment they could need to get better.

A combination of drug therapy and talk therapy is the best means for treating mental illnesses, as opposed to paying a small fee to be a part of this fake Scientology bullstevestojan Church. Virtually 100% of trained medical professionals agree with this view, and the scientific evidence is there to support them.

Peace out,

-KH

367087[/snapback]

Well said!

Scientology is a farcical cult. It's a friggin joke. Hubbard was a nutcase. Anyone who follows scientology is or will become brainwashed. Cruise is there, man. He's a nutjob.

what is really really really funny,.....is this line:

TOM CRUISE:

No, you see. Here's the problem. You don't know the history of psychiatry. I do.

How much do you want to bet that the next person with any intelligence that interviews Cruise is going to bone up on the study of the history of psychiatry and make this moron look like a complete monkey.

what is really really really funny,.....is this line:

TOM CRUISE:

No, you see. Here's the problem. You don't know the history of psychiatry. I do.

How much do you want to bet that the next person with any intelligence that interviews Cruise is going to bone up on the study of the history of psychiatry and make this moron look like a complete monkey.

367223[/snapback]

Yeah, hopefully the next guy to interview him will be Pat O'Brien! :doh: