Could Republican Leaders Make Stupid Comments Too?

So's smearing feces on a picture of the Virgin Mary, to some.  But it's still, fundamentally, sh--.  :lol:

366324[/snapback]

You have a very unhealthy obsession with excrement. I hope you get help for that.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After 9/11 who was asking "why do they hate us"?

Clue: It wasnt people on the RIGHT, it was people on the ?

But you keep thinking this comment by Rove, which at least has a decent amount of truth to it, is the same as what Dean has been spewing.

But you keep thinking this comment by Rove, which at least has a decent amount of truth to it, is the same as what Dean has been spewing.

366330[/snapback]

The funniest part of the whole thing was Howard Dean condemning Rove for using "inflammatory rhetoric." Hilarious.

366330[/snapback]

Holy sh--. Did you just condem someone for trying to understand the mindset of someone else to better be able to fight them? Not only that, but you also just said that the people on the right didn't CARE about their mindset.

Clue: Even the right knows that the mindset and "why they hate us" is a crucial part of the war on terror.

If you don't think understanding the mindset of someone else is crucial to war, you obviously don't understand reality.

The funniest part of the whole thing was Howard Dean condemning Rove for using "inflammatory rhetoric."  Hilarious.

366340[/snapback]

Oh yes, its all Howard Dean's fault that Karl Rove said something as ridiculous as this. Typical partisanship opinion.

Oh yes, its all Howard Dean's fault that Karl Rove said something as ridiculous as this.  Typical partisanship opinion.

366359[/snapback]

That's not what I said at all. Karl Rove is the only one responsible for what Karl Rove says.

But Dean saying anything about Rove is like Michael Jackson telling other people how to raise their children. Ludicrous.

That's not what I said at all.  Karl Rove is the only one responsible for what Karl Rove says.

But Dean saying anything about Rove is like Michael Jackson telling other people how to raise their children.  Ludicrous.

366367[/snapback]

Karl Rove yesterday said something about Howard Dean, just not directly. He said something about Hillary Clinton, Jon Kerry, Russ Feingold, and all of the other Democrats.

Yet, because one was direct and another one was indirect it makes a difference? Gimmie a break.

Holy sh--.  Did you just condem someone for trying to understand the mindset of someone else to better be able to fight them? Not only that, but you also just said that the people on the right didn't CARE about their mindset.

Clue: Even the right knows that the mindset and "why they hate us" is a crucial part of the war on terror.

If you don't think understanding the mindset of someone else is crucial to war, you obviously don't understand reality.

Oh yes, its all Howard Dean's fault that Karl Rove said something as ridiculous as this.  Typical partisanship opinion.

366359[/snapback]

By pointing out that Rove was correct in that is was the Left that spent most of their time raising the issue, whether valid or not, you got all that other crap?

By pointing out that Rove was correct in that is was the Left that spent most of their time raising the issue, whether valid or not, you got all that other crap?

366575[/snapback]

I thought the Right already had the answer: They hate our Freedom.

:lol:

Karl Rove yesterday said something about Howard Dean, just not directly.  He said something about Hillary Clinton, Jon Kerry, Russ Feingold, and all of the other Democrats.

Yet, because one was direct and another one was indirect it makes a difference?  Gimmie a break.

366378[/snapback]

Give me a break.

One last time - Howard Dean doesn't have right to say ANYTHING because he says things as stupid as what Rove said on a nearly daily basis.

Soon, he will be in the same league as Dean. He just needs to make these comments on a regular basis.

366461[/snapback]

Karl's speech seems a bit much to say in public, even for Rove. It appears to me that the administration is feeling a bit on edge. I mean, the right can say whatever they want, and they may be correct on some things, but Iraq, or "the perception of Iraq", anyway, is not going so well right now, and the adimistration is not exactly winning their battles domestically, either.

If the adimistration was more comfortable with the way things are going for them today, IMO, Durban's comments would not be attacked as hard, and Rove would not be out there making statements like he did yesterday. I get the feeling that the administration is getting just a bit desparate.

I know, I know, the right would say "yeah, but liberals are ......" ok, yay. I'm just saying, if the right was more confident right now, you wouldn't be getting comments from Rove like that yesterday.

Karl's speech seems a bit much to say in public, even for Rove. It appears to me that the administration is feeling a bit on edge.  I mean, the right can say whatever they want, and they may be right on some things,  but Iraq, or "the perception of Iraq", anyway, is not going so well right now, and the adimistration is not exactly winning their battles domestically, either.

If the adimistration was more comfortable with the way things are going for them today, IMO, Durban's comments would not be attacked as hard, and Rove would not be out there making statements like he did yesterday. I get the feeling that the administration is getting just a bit desparate.

I know, I know, the right would say "yeah, but liberals are ......"  ok, yay. I'm just saying, if the right was more confident right now, you wouldn't be getting comments from Rove like that yesterday.

366618[/snapback]

by the end of summer you'll be hearing premature "lame duck" references.

But I do agree, the signal that the Admin is reeling a little is when they send

out Cheney for interviews. Like CNN with Wolfie-boy yesterday.

Cheney claimed he never read the Downing Street Memo and then went on to discuss it for 5 minutes.

Karl's speech seems a bit much to say in public, even for Rove. It appears to me that the administration is feeling a bit on edge.  I mean, the right can say whatever they want, and they may be correct on some things,  but Iraq, or "the perception of Iraq", anyway, is not going so well right now, and the adimistration is not exactly winning their battles domestically, either.

I know, I know, the right would say "yeah, but liberals are ......"  ok, yay. I'm just saying, if the right was more confident right now, you wouldn't be getting comments from Rove like that yesterday.

366618[/snapback]

The Dems are obviously doing it out of desparation. I suspect that Rove has something up his sleeve. I heard one opinion yesterday that this was done to specifically lure the Dems to hang themselves. They are taking the bait easily. It is part of the whole patriotic, support the troops, support the best interests of America stuff that the Reps have been blasting the Dems with for years. This could all be part of legislation that will be hitting the floor soon. The tactic of "do you actually support this country, the troops and are patriotic or was Rove correct in his assessment of you?"

The RNC had a press release immediately ready, which tells me that this was part of a larger scheme. Time will tell.

The Dems are obviously doing it out of desparation. I suspect that Rove has something up his sleeve. I heard one opinion yesterday that this was done to specifically lure the Dems to hang themselves. They are taking the bait easily. It is part of the whole patriotic, support the troops, support the best interests of America stuff that the Reps have been blasting the Dems with for years. This could all be part of legislation that will be hitting the floor soon. The tactic of "do you actually support this country, the troops and are patriotic or was Rove correct in his assessment of you?"

The RNC had a press release immediately ready, which tells me that this was part of a larger scheme. Time will tell.

366632[/snapback]

Flag amendment and marriage amendment.

I heard one opinion yesterday that this was done to specifically lure the Dems to hang themselves. They are taking the bait easily.

366632[/snapback]

Example?

IMO, asking for an apology and/or resignation is one of the more reasonable ways the Dems have handled situations such as this. Pretty standard politics.

Typically, they just get Teddy (see recent Rumsfeld testimony) and or Dean up there to make assenine and meaningless assertions and end up looking foolish. I haven't seen evidence of bait taking or hanging themselves quite yet. Give it a few more hours. :lol: