Could Republican Leaders Make Stupid Comments Too?

Rove, in a speech Wednesday evening to the New York state Conservative Party just a few miles north of Ground Zero, said, "Liberals saw the savagery of the 9/11 attacks and wanted to prepare indictments and offer therapy and understanding for our attackers." Conservatives, he said, "saw the savagery of 9/11 and the attacks and prepared for war."

Is it possible that this country is just as extremely polarized as back in 1952 and this is leading to an environment in which both sides' leaders speak hyperbole on the issues due to the emoational nature of the country right now and to fire up their base? <_<

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is it possible that this country is just as extremely polarized as back in 1952 and this is leading to an environment in which both sides' leaders speak hyperbole on the issues due to the emoational nature of the country right now and to fire up their base?  :lol:

366061[/snapback]

Actually the problems was the conservatives didn't see the savagery and prepare for war until it was too late. They were too concerned about illicit sexual activity in the White House.

:lol: Let's see who crawls out from under the rocks now.

But I guess the answer to your question (from me) would be affirmative! <_<

Actually the problems was the conservatives didn't see the savagery and prepare for war until it was too late. They were too concerned about illicit sexual activity in the White House.

366068[/snapback]

You can't possibly be that dense. Wow. <_<

No wonder the Democratic Party cannot win elections, with brilliant activists like this working for them.

Actually the problems was the conservatives didn't see the savagery and prepare for war until it was too late.  They were too concerned about illicit sexual activity in the White House.

But I guess the answer to your question (from me) would be affirmative! :lol:

366068[/snapback]

Oh crap, Deb...sheesh, you didn't get your pill today?

Actually the problems was the conservatives didn't see the savagery and prepare for war until it was too late.  They were too concerned about illicit sexual activity in the White House.

366068[/snapback]

Ok, I'm not on either side. WHO WAS PREPARED? I couldnt care less in pointing fingers as who was to blame, and its time the MTV/CNN/Fox demographic stops falling for finger pointing! Finger pointing does no good at all- you solve the problem by fixing things, not by playing politics.

Ok, I'm not on either side. WHO WAS PREPARED? I couldnt care less in pointing fingers as who was to blame, and its time the MTV/CNN/Fox demographic stops falling for finger pointing! Finger pointing does no good at all- you solve the problem by fixing things, not by playing politics.

366109[/snapback]

Well, I have bad news. From first hand experience I can assure you that there really isn't a heck of a lot of interest within the beltway at fixing things.

Actually the problems was the conservatives didn't see the savagery and prepare for war until it was too late.

366068[/snapback]

the attacks took place 9 months into the Bush presidency. an operation of that magnitude, from entering the country, to financing, to flight lessons, to coordinating 4 or more hijackings could not have been implemented in 9 months.

in regards to being able to see what was going to happen on Sept 11th 2001, the previous democratic administration was just as blind as the current republican

the attacks took place 9 months into the Bush presidency.  an operation of that magnitude, from entering the country, to financing, to flight lessons, to coordinating 4 or more hijackings could not have been implemented in 9 months.

in regards to being able to see what was going to happen on Sept 11th 2001, the previous democratic administration was just as blind as the current republican

366135[/snapback]

She knows that. She's having a "Debbie Moment". We've seen it before.

the attacks took place 9 months into the Bush presidency.  an operation of that magnitude, from entering the country, to financing, to flight lessons, to coordinating 4 or more hijackings could not have been implemented in 9 months.

366135[/snapback]

And curiously enough- both administrations concurred on wanting to get Sadaam out of power....something that I'm sure frustrates the wing nuts

And curiously enough- both administrations concurred on wanting to get Sadaam out of power....something that I'm sure frustrates the wing nuts

366252[/snapback]

Who are the wing nuts? Are those the Democrats that suddenly forgot that they concurred on getting rid of Saddam once Bush actually decided to do that? Easy to understand why they'd be frustrated when they were shown to people with no convictions of their supposed beliefs.

Who are the wing nuts?  Are those the Democrats that suddenly forgot that they concurred on getting rid of Saddam once Bush actually decided to do that?  Easy to understand why they'd be frustrated when they were shown to people with no convictions of their supposed beliefs.

366256[/snapback]

Most democrats that I know (including myself) do believe that Iraq would be better off without Saddam in power, but that there were other, more substantial countries that would have been more relevant to the War on Terror and more worth an invasion.

Most democrats that I know (including myself) do believe that Iraq would be better off without Saddam in power, but that there were other, more substantial countries that would have been more relevant to the War on Terror and more worth an invasion.

366262[/snapback]

So you support an invasion of N. Korea or Iran or Syria?

366262[/snapback]

Actually, I left out left or right- its both sides that wish to point the finger at the other instead of correcting the problem. Its not the republicans that are responsible for 9/11....nor is it the democrats- its the terrorists that did it.

So you support an invasion of N. Korea or Iran or Syria?

366267[/snapback]

Not North Korea, the implications of that would be way too big right now.

As far as Syria goes, I definately would have supported that over a war in Iraq. I think Syria is a much bigger problem.

Do I think we should support an invasion of Syria right now since we've gone into Iraq? Hell no. I think we should secure a free Iraq and see if democracy will spread, like this administration claims, while implementing a slow but powerful policy with Syria. You can make the same exact case for the invasion of Syria that Bush mdae with the invasion of Iraq, except that from everything I've read Syria is more relevant to the war on terror.

366068[/snapback]

Damn, Girl. Do you ever think things through? Big Picture? Focus, focus, focus.

You can't possibly be that dense. Wow.  :lol:

No wonder the Democratic Party cannot win elections, with brilliant activists like this working for them.

366075[/snapback]

Wanna bet. Double or nothing on the money you owe me from Detroit winning tonight. :lol:

She knows that. She's having a "Debbie Moment". We've seen it before.

366137[/snapback]

You guys ought to know by now that I only do it to freak you out.

Because I can. I may never climb Mt. Everest but I can set some heads to exploding at will.

It's an art.

:lol: