Im surprised theres no word yet on Clements.

If you want to continue, as you are wont to do, to come across as the most disingenuous poster here, that's okay. In fact, you're extraordinary at it.

You don't like the way TD does not resign players early. That is fine and a legitimate argument. What you WANT to say, desparately, is that he NEVER does it. But you can't, because it's not true. That is obvious to everyone. So you put foolish looking qualifiers in there, like "early summer months" to make it appear on casual reading that he never does it. But it's stupid, and completely disingenuous.

365309[/snapback]

it's a fact........sorry you don't want to hear it........however, i will try to dumb it down for the "casual readers" like yourself in the future.....

it's a fact........sorry you don't want to hear it........however, i will try to dumb it down for the "casual readers" like yourself in the future.....

365320[/snapback]

Just for your information, Tom Donahoe has resigned virtually every single one of his top unrestricted free agents under 32 years old in the last year. Virtually all of them. Before the season! For fair market value! Virtually every single solitary one. That's a fact!

2 things make me believe Nate Clements is going to be locked up long-term:

1) Last year he excelled and I believe the defense would really take a hit if he left us.

2) Donahoe had a decision to make when he let Antoine Winfield walk. The decision was do we pay Winfield now and let Clements walk in 3 years or do we have enough confidence in Clements to let Winfield walk and give Clements the big bucks down the road. Well now it's down the road, and I don't think ur gonna see 2 great corners leave the Bills for nothing in return.

Clements deserves to be paid like a top 5 corner in the league because he is a top 5 corner. It's guys like Mike Williams that don't deserve there huge numbers, but as far as Clements he'd be worth every dime of a long term contarct.

6 years $38 million (first 4 years he gets $18 million) with a signing bonus in the range of $18 million.

His cap hits would look something like (assuming it gets done before the start of this season):

2005: $3 million base salary with $3 million SB

2006: $4.5 million base w/ $3 million SB

2007: $5 million base w/ $3 million SB

2008: $5.5 million base w/ $3million SB

then after 2008 you resturucture the final 2 years because they would be much too costly, similar to what has been done with Eric Moulds the past 2 offseasons.

Also, some of the signing bonuses could be workout bonus/roster bonus type money, which would save on the salary cap some.

One thing TD probably has in mind is the contract that he is going to have

to give to McGahee next year.....Come next offseason WM is definitely

going to hold out, especially if he has a pro-bowl year this season...

If Clinton Portis contract is used as a base contract then we are looking at

at 50M+ contract with a 20M signing bonus for WM....I don't see how TD

and RW can fit in both Clements and McGahee into the salary cap and

also the real cash....

We are talking about close to 40M in signing bonus for those two players

next season....

I really can't see a small market team like buffalo being able to dish out

that kind of money.....especially when we still have a few open weakness

at starting positions on this team.

If McGahee holds out I say just let him hold out and fine him the maximum every day he misses. He still will have 2 years left on his contract and he already got a free year with us his first year. Draft another running back in the 3rd or 4th incase he decided to hold out. No player would ever hold out a full 2 years, these players are all just talk. Also, that 5 year deal we gave McGahee came with a bunch of incentives he can easily reach. As far as locking up Clements goes, I think he should be payed like a top 5 corner, so go ahead and dish out the maximum to him. He's going to get that on the open market anyway, and we need him here.