Cooper or Hopkins?

Utah John

Cooper for sure. But I wonder what happens to both receivers next year. I think Coleman may develop into an excellent receiver, but even paired with Shakir and a gadget player like Samuels, he needs someone like Cooper to make it all fall into place. It's possible a rookie might fit the bill, but I would think the Bills would want Cooper to stay another year or two until a younger player develops.

As for Hopkins, that looks like a rental. 

Can we go after Clowney in Carolina now? We need pass rush help, right? He'd be someone who could help without breaking the bank.

I heard Nick Wright suggest the Ravens do that (while also saying the Chiefs should look at Lattimore in NO as a CB replacement), but I think the Bills could also use the help. 

When the Chiefs get healthy, they'll have Kelce, Worthy, Hopkins, Hollywood Brown (in time for playoffs) & Juju. Definitely some older guys, but also a group that can be very dangerous paired with Reid & Mahomes.

The Bills could use any help they can get, both offensively & defensively. I don't trust McDermott & the D in the playoffs, so even more offensive weapons would be helpful. 

47 minutes ago, finn said:

Cooper for sure. But I wonder what happens to both receivers next year. I think Coleman may develop into an excellent receiver, but even paired with Shakir and a gadget player like Samuels, he needs someone like Cooper to make it all fall into place. It's possible a rookie might fit the bill, but I would think the Bills would want Cooper to stay another year or two until a younger player develops.

I feel like we’re gonna want to keep cooper around and it’s gonna be up to him if he wants to stay.  He’s just physically and mentally such a perfect fit for what we need and letting him walk would throw an unknown into the mix for a year we should be competing 

47 minutes ago, NeverOutNick said:

It’s 100% Hopkins, his hands are epic in clutch moments, but given our financial situation, Cooper is an amazing consolation prize and I’m thankful he’s a Bill

I’d take prime Hopkins over prime cooper probably but coopers skillset seems like it’s gonna hold up better now that these guys are on the downswing a bit 

4 minutes ago, BearNorth said:

Josh's starting pass catching options are: Cooper, Coleman, Shakir, Kincaid, Cook.  Works for me.  Those are all quality options in the passing game.

I agree. But KC won't ask too much of Hopkins. He will be clutch on needed 3rd downs and makes them a better team. He will be the new Kelce on 3rd down.

2 hours ago, finn said:

Lets watch , shall we  :)

31 minutes ago, Chaos said:

I fear a Hail Mary situation in a playoff games against the Chiefs. 

validated

2 hours ago, NeverOutNick said:

It’s 100% Hopkins, his hands are epic in clutch moments, but given our financial situation, Cooper is an amazing consolation prize and I’m thankful he’s a Bill

consolation ?
 Hopkins has become the Hail Mary for the Chiefs playoffs as mentioned above

agreed about hands.

Hope his sore leg feels better (no i dont)

2 years ago I was all over getting D to be straight up

Besides the age advantage, Cooper has better measurables.  I know speed isn't everything and there are those who have poohpoohed the significance of 40 time as a factor in a player's value, but when a team lacks speed, it shows on the field.  Buffalo has Curtis Samuel, who has excellent speed, but the Bills have struggled trying to get him touches and keeping him healthy.  Other than that, their WRs are very average in their speed.  Teams need to be able to take the top off the defense to help create space underneath for the short passing game.  Until this past Sunday, Buffalo was not doing that, and it's been noticeable in the lack of separation receivers have had.  Cooper times in the low 4.0 range.  That's fast enough to present a threat to defenses.  Hopkins depends more on route running to create separation, which is fine, but it's nice to have some speed in your toolbox as well.

• Thank you (+1) 1

Both are great trades.

cooper is the better player atm and didn’t require us to move any cap room down the road. 

Hopkins gave up a lesser pick and got a player at a position of need.  He’s not the guy he was, but he’s a huge upgrade over Watson 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Chaos said:

I fear a Hail Mary situation in a playoff games against the Chiefs. 

You should. Either Hopkins catches it or the refs call pass interference. I don't know why Mahomes doesn't just chuck it down the field on every play. The refs already have their hands in their pockets getting the flag ready.