RUMOR:

Roundybout

7 minutes ago, ScotSHO said:

Somebody once told me not to believe everything I read on the internet.  Famous guy, Lincoln Benjamin or something like that. 

Odd time to dismiss the head coach (game week Friday).

You knew Abraham Lincoln!??!!

• Haha (+1) 1

This is not being widely reported - at all. Kirk Minihane isn't exactly 'no one' but this seems like a bit of a stretch. Has he lost the locker room? Probably after calling them soft. 

Maybe they are just looking for that 'coaching change bump' against the Jets lol. 

• Agree 2

2 minutes ago, HansLanda said:

This is not being widely reported - at all. Kirk Minihane isn't exactly 'no one' but this seems like a bit of a stretch. Has he lost the locker room? Probably after calling them soft. 

Maybe they are just looking for that 'coaching change bump' against the Jets lol. 

agreed. Not buying this at all.

• Like (+1) 1

Like the Giants, NE will sabotage every head coach going forward, because it trusts voices outside the organization more than they trust the voices inside it.

• Haha (+1) 1

50 minutes ago, Roundybout said:

Apparently, Mayo has completely lost the locker room and Kraft is pissed. Take this for what it’s worth but I hope they don’t get a coach like Vrabel.

welp, that didn’t last long!!!

43 minutes ago, T.E. said:

No way. They've been grooming that guy to be HC for years. I'd be stunned if they can him that quickly. I'm not even sure I could name five Patriots outside of the guys who started at QB this year; they're not exactly built to win.

He was Krafts hand picked guy I would be stunned.

5 minutes ago, dpberr said:

Like the Giants, NE will sabotage every head coach going forward, because it trusts voices outside the organization more than they trust the voices inside it.

Like the Cowboys the owner think he is the reason for the 6 SBs not 12 or the HOF coach who got more out of rosters then the other 31 coaches.

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

52 minutes ago, T.E. said:

No way. They've been grooming that guy to be HC for years. I'd be stunned if they can him that quickly. I'm not even sure I could name five Patriots outside of the guys who started at QB this year; they're not exactly built to win.

you can be a terrible coach and have it show brightly even on a bad team 

his own preparation, attitude, etc… are still things that people in the building have infinitely more insight into than we do 

• Like (+1) 1

32 minutes ago, HansLanda said:

Who is he? Never heard of them. 

After Kraft spent half of the head coach introduction presser patting himself on the back for hiring a black head coach, it would be shocking if he were to pull the plug half way through year one.

1 hour ago, Roundybout said:

Apparently, Mayo has completely lost the locker room and Kraft is pissed. Take this for what it’s worth but I hope they don’t get a coach like Vrabel.

It’s clearly already worked for the Jests!