Americans supporting authoritarianism

4 hours ago, Orlando Buffalo said:

I just took the test and it is an hilarious attempt to act like liberals are better while ignoring proven facts- a child raised by two well adjusted parents is more likely to be successful by a huge margin but here is the question

"Human nature is so diverse that, with regards to dating, sex, child-rearing, and marriage there is no ONE correct way to live."

The question is not asking if you have a right to live a bad lifestyle, it is pretending being a single mom with 6 baby daddies who goes out every weekend and leaves the kids alone is an equal choice to my choices.  

the methodology of the study is to ask questions that one or the other groups on different sides of the political spectrum would disagree with or agree with and weight them based on the level of agreement.  You seem to be reading far too much into "there is no one correct way to live". Nevertheless, strongly disagreeing with that statement would show a strong desire to believe that you are the authority on such questions and your beliefs should be followed.  ie Authoritarian

Edited by Joe Ferguson forever

1 hour ago, Joe Ferguson forever said:

the methodology of the study is to ask questions that one or the other groups on different sides of the political spectrum would disagree with or agree with and weight them based on the level of agreement.  You seem to be reading far too much into "there is no one correct way to live". Nevertheless, strongly disagreeing with that statement would show a strong desire to believe that you are the authority on such questions and your beliefs should be followed.  ie Authoritarian

I am not reading to much into it, you are not bright enough to realize what a terrible question it is. There is no evidence that humans grow up better with a single parent who is not attentive to them. There is no evidence that people are better off by jumping from bed to bed. Secondly the term authoritarian means to have the authority to impose my beliefs on you, which I do not have that right. To recognize certain concepts are universally beneficial is a good thing

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Orlando Buffalo said:

I am not reading to much into it, you are not bright enough to realize what a terrible question it is. There is no evidence that humans grow up better with a single parent who is not attentive to them. There is no evidence that people are better off by jumping from bed to bed. Secondly the term authoritarian means to have the authority to impose my beliefs on you, which I do not have that right. To recognize certain concepts are universally beneficial is a good thing

Yes, but to not impose following those concepts on others with the exception of a public health crisis when those concepts protect the entire population.  As far as what is best for the kids, it would be best for them go to top tier schools with highly motivated parent(s) as opposed to lousy schools with lousy mentors but no one is proposing that those people can't have children.  Or maybe you are?  I'd rather see a kid with a single motivated, supportive single parent than have meth head parents.  btw, I don't believe most single parents are that by choice.