Chiefs may trade for WR Hopkins

Magox

Hopkins isn't a true Alpha anymore, that is true. But if you don't think he can make some noise in the possession role Rashee Rice thrived in, and even Juju did (for 1 game)- you're probably going to disappointed. This doesn't put KC over the top, but they could get 80-90% of Rice's production from Hopkins.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, BillsVet said:

Buffalo was ridiculously healthy for a few seasons, notably in 2020 and 2021, which predictably gave the false impression that a team should be expected to have all their starters by the playoffs.  This is such a ridiculous assumption to make, but based on the fact that until late 2022 they had almost no significant injuries on either side of the ball.  Tre going down in late 2022 followed by Miller ended that fantasy, but the reality is teams can and do lose contributors all the time.  And still make due.  

Yet, almost no one ever looks at their good fortune...as in having a healthy OL for all of 2023.  Heck, their offense has been exceptionally healthy since 2020.  

Tre went down with the ACL on Thanksgiving in 2021.   That one was impactful.  We missed him in the TB game and the 13 seconds game.   May have hurt us in the NE wind game.   Win those games and the KC playoff game might have been in OP.    That was the start of injury phase for the Bills. 

2 hours ago, ngbills said:

Yes and I am not complaining as I love the move for Cooper. But we traded a 3rd for him while KC a 5th for Hopkins. That is a pretty big difference. CLE actually did ok if you think about as I think they only gave up like a 5th or 6th for Cooper two years ago and got back a 3rd now. 

There's a reason,  we got a 6th back as well but Cooper is far superior to DHop at this stage, I'd much rather give up the late 3 for Coop 

7 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Like with cooper, the QB they have both played with this year had a lot to do with their numbers. Chiefs were desperate for WR help and didn’t lock in either Adams or cooper. Hopkins has been a bit of a Bills killer over the years but I’d rather they got him at this point in his career than either of the other two. I also feel like he’s always hurt 

Hopkins played with a lot of bad QBs and always produced. Dude is just slowing down. Father Time gets everybody