Chiefs may trade for WR Hopkins

Magox

Predictable move given their injuries at the position and go for it mentality.  

Question I have is...did Chiefs fans do the "woe is me" routine when Brown, Rice, and Schuster went down already this season?  Did they throw in the towel on the season because no way could they win with that kind of adversity?  :lol:

56 minutes ago, BillsFan2313 said:

They traded a 2nd for Toney... 

No they didn’t.  They traded a sandwich pick between rounds 3 and 4.  It was the 100th overall pick in the draft.  He didn’t pan out long-term, but he did catch a TD pass in the 4th quarter of the Super Bowl and later had the longest punt return in Super Bowl history (65 yards) to set up another TD.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, BillsVet said:

Predictable move given their injuries at the position and go for it mentality.  

Question I have is...did Chiefs fans do the "woe is me" routine when Brown, Rice, and Schuster went down already this season?  Did they throw in the towel on the season because no way could they win with that kind of adversity?  :lol:

Apples and Oranges.  

Far be it for me to defend McDermott in the postseason, but they've been hit pretty hard with a cluster of injuries at the WR position.  Two of them being potentially season ending.  

They happened before the trade deadline.  

When we lost Tre White last year, we made a trade for Rasul Douglas. 

There are only so many moves to make when you start losing major pieces and/or multiple players at one position group entering/in the playoffs.

If this happened to Kansas City and they had to play in the playoffs without the ability to trade for a Hopkins, then we can discuss if the "woe is me" attitude from their fans is warranted... because it would be.   Just like it was for us last year.   

Edited by SCBills

Just now, Steptide said:

Honestly, for a 5th I would've taken him and let shavers walk. While I don't think Hopkins is a 100yard a game guy, I still think he's halfway decent 

While I don't think he has much left in the tank, I agree that he would have added value to the WR corps, especially playing with Allen, so he would have been worth a 5th.  I thought I saw above that he's still owed $3M in salary, which would have been a problem for the Bills.  In the end, I'm not too worried about Hopkins.  The Bills got the much better player (at this point in time) in Cooper at less than 1/3 of the salary and if the Chiefs advance past the Bills in the playoffs, I don't believe that Hopkins will be the reason why.

• Like (+1) 1

I'm just mad right now...

In the last thread about trading for Hopkins, people were arguing that a few million dollars was "too much" for Hopkins. I brought up that it's worth it if you really think you have a chance at winning the SB, with the upside of preventing the Chiefs from getting him.

"But his numbers were down this year!" - Who cares? So was Amari Cooper's. Having Levis & Rudolph throwing to him as having Mahomes throwing to him in an Andy Reid offense.

Oh, and they only traded a 5th. It's not the end of the world, but the Chiefs are 6-0 for a reason, and this will only help more. I hate the Titans right now 😡

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, BigDingus said:

In the last thread about trading for Hopkins, people were arguing that a few million dollars was "too much" for Hopkins. I brought up that it's worth it if you really think you have a chance at winning the SB, with the upside of preventing the Chiefs from getting him.

"But his numbers were down this year!" - Who cares? So was Amari Cooper's. Having Levis & Rudolph throwing to him as having Mahomes throwing to him in an Andy Reid offense.

Oh, and they only traded a 5th. It's not the end of the world, but the Chiefs are 6-0 for a reason, and this will only help more. I hate the Titans right now 😡

I hate to break it to you, but the Chiefs were already going to win the Super Bowl this year WITHOUT Hopkins. This is the Chiefs NFL and we're just visitors right now.

• Vomit 1

15 minutes ago, BigDingus said:

The same people discrediting this trade now are the same ones who advocated the Bills trade for DHOP over the offseason.  It's comical!  =P

• Like (+1) 1

34 minutes ago, msw2112 said:

While I don't think he has much left in the tank, I agree that he would have added value to the WR corps, especially playing with Allen, so he would have been worth a 5th.  I thought I saw above that he's still owed $3M in salary, which would have been a problem for the Bills.  In the end, I'm not too worried about Hopkins.  The Bills got the much better player (at this point in time) in Cooper at less than 1/3 of the salary and if the Chiefs advance past the Bills in the playoffs, I don't believe that Hopkins will be the reason why.

If they picked up another player before the deadline instead of another WR it should be a defender that can get the defense over-the-top to hold a lead against the Chiefs at the end of the game.

• Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1