Chiefs may trade for WR Hopkins

Magox

2 minutes ago, BillsFan2313 said:

They traded a 2nd for Toney... 

My comment has 100% to do with player health.  If they've investigated into his health, and they have, that tells me Hop is just fine.  Toney was a headcase and Andy thought he could get more out of him.  It failed.  No one hits on every move.  But KC hits more often then not and more often under the current regime than most other teams.  

He come all the justifications for Cooper’s numbers being essentially the same, but he’s “better” than Hopkins.  Hopkins is still very good, the best team in the league just got better and it’s not questionable.  I hate the Chiefs, but this was a great move for them and ***** the the Titans.

• Like (+1) 2

9 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

regular season

where'd you see this?   I'd give a 2 for Kupp for Rams to eat his $ this year which they are apparently willing to 

I saw it on instagram then my app updated 

trying to find it again but i was sure it was a legit page/source

Edited by mikemac2001
Posted four times

1 hour ago, Buffalo4Life01 said:

For anyone saying he is washed or that the offseason MCL injury is a major factor now, I don't buy that for one second.  The Chiefs have one of the best front office's in the entire NFL right now.  If they are trading for D Hop, it's only because they've done a thorough investigation and they believe without a doubt he is 100% healthy and will help them win a 3rd straight Super Bowl.  Even if he has lost a step, good luck covering him in the red zone where the Chiefs have had some issues so far this season.  He absolutely helps to solve that problem.  Right now KC has a very good to elite defense, very good to great special teams, the best front office/coaching staff in the NFL, and the best QB in the game.  Throw in DHop and if their 7-0 record didn't give you reason to pause before, it certainly should now.  

If I'm Buffalo I'm seriously considering looking for help at safety and on the D.line if I seriously believe the team can win it all this season.

What? They signed Juju who isn’t 100% healthy ever because his knees are totally shot (that’s why he got cut by the Pats).

They made the deal because Hopkins was the best WR they could get for reasonable trade compensation while staying under the cap. It doesn’t mean he’s 100% healthy or prime Hopkins. Just that he will improve them.

He won’t be as good as Rice, but they had to do something, and he should help them.

Edited by DapperCam
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

3 minutes ago, DapperCam said:

What? They signed Juju who isn’t 100% healthy ever because his knees are totally shot (that’s why he got cut by the Pats).

They made the deal because Hopkins was the best WR they could get for reasonable trade compensation while staying under the cap. It doesn’t mean he’s 100% healthy or prime Hopkins. Just that he will improve them.

He won’t be as good as Rice, but they had to do something, and he should help them.

If you don't think DHOP is as good as Rice, I don't know what to tell you.  Would you take Rice over DHOP for a Super Bowl run 2nd half of this season?  

Just now, Buffalo4Life01 said:

If you don't think DHOP is as good as Rice, I don't know what to tell you.  Would you take Rice over DHOP for a Super Bowl run 2nd half of this season?  

Aside from the off the field nonsense, Rice is a better player now and has chemistry with Mahomes

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Buffalo4Life01 said:

Absolutely.  Rice is a much better player at this point in their careers.  He was easily a top 20 guy before his injury.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Buffalo4Life01 said:

I would take 2024 fully healthy Rice over 2024 banged up Hopkins for sure. He’s a much more dynamic player. He can beat man coverage and take it to the house. Hopkins just isn’t that guy anymore.

Hopkins isn’t going to be a game changer in the same way, but he’s going to be a reliable target for Mahomes, move the chains and have the veteran savvy to get open during the scramble drill.

55 minutes ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

It’s weird there wasn’t more interest for him…I mean I could totally buy the chiefs front office being much better than the rest of the league but the offer seemed pretty low ball so I doubt anyone else was really interested 

Is it 3 mil a year?  I think the titans payed him some this season and the chiefs are only eating part of his contract this year.  I’d assume next year would be more than 3 mil but could be wrong 

yea I thought from the way I read it they owed him 3 million for this year and more next year.

2 minutes ago, Billl said:

Absolutely.  Rice is a much better player at this point in their careers.  He was easily a top 20 guy before his injury.

Let's revisit this at the end of the season.  I really appreciate your candor and your point of view here also.  Not trying to be argumentative at all.  I just think a lot of people on this board are going to be real surprised (apparently) when Hopkins becomes a monster threat in the red zone and opens up so many things for that offense.  We're going to see a motivated and carefree DHOP because he finally has a capable QB to throw him the football. 

Anyways, let's Agree to disagree and go Bills!!  

• Thank you (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

where'd you see this?   I'd give a 2 for Kupp for Rams to eat his $ this year which they are apparently willing to 

They don't have an extra 2.

Guess who does?

5 minutes ago, BRH said:

They don't have an extra 2.

Guess who does?

Kupp in this offense could dominate from the slot like an upgraded version of prime Beasley

Amari Cooper

Cooper Kupp
Shakir

Coleman

That would be going from bottom of the barrel in week 1 to the top echelon IMO  for a 4 WR grouping 

Edited by Warriorspikes51
  • Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, Buffalo4Life01 said:

Let's revisit this at the end of the season.  I really appreciate your candor and your point of view here also.  Not trying to be argumentative at all.  I just think a lot of people on this board are going to be real surprised (apparently) when Hopkins becomes a monster threat in the red zone and opens up so many things for that offense.  We're going to see a motivated and carefree DHOP because he finally has a capable QB to throw him the football. 

Anyways, let's Agree to disagree and go Bills!!  

I’m a Chiefs fan, so obviously I hope you’re right.  At this point, simply being a capable WR is a win.  Anything above that is just a bonus.

• Like (+1) 1

41 minutes ago, BillsFan2313 said:

They traded a 2nd for Toney... 

nobody can admit the chiefs have made any player evaluation mistakes because it adds validity to the argument that ‘every team misses on picks/picks up free agents that don’t work out’ when discussing mcd and beane 😂 it’s kind of funny honestly.

yes the chiefs are great and yes they have made bad moves…both things can be true 

• Like (+1) 1