Chiefs may trade for WR Hopkins

Magox

How much left does Hopkins actually have left?

Seems more in line with juju Smith now a days on the high end

Or maybe he is the equivalent of the Chiefs signing Josh Gordon a few seasons ago and everyone seemed to think they were about to light the NFL on fire 

Edited by Cheektowaga Chad
  • Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Roundybout said:

He’s ancient, like when Julio went to the Eagles 

Buccaneers 1st, but true.

I would much rather have the quicker and faster Cooper. Hopkins will fit perfectly into that role they’ve had Sammy Watkins and JuJu. But they still need Worthy to step up. This could open up Worthy to make more plays.

• Like (+1) 1

Like with cooper, the QB they have both played with this year had a lot to do with their numbers. Chiefs were desperate for WR help and didn’t lock in either Adams or cooper. Hopkins has been a bit of a Bills killer over the years but I’d rather they got him at this point in his career than either of the other two. I also feel like he’s always hurt 

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 2

I said when we discussed this a few weeks back that I think Hopkins on film looks pretty done and the name I gave of a guy I'd rather pursue was Amari Cooper FWIW. I'm not surprised that this is happening. The Chiefs are desperate for outside receiver help and he was the last vet on the market really. I think they will try and use him more as an intermediate target because at the moment their offense is dump off to Kelce or a back or deep shot to Worthy. Hopkins can still give them something inbetween I think. But he isn't the guy he was. I don't think he offers a ton now down the field. 

• Like (+1) 6
  • Eyeroll 1

Hopkins most certainly is not what he once was but I don't believe he is anywhere near what his numbers indicate.   He steps in to a depleted KC WR room and within the next 10 days he instantly becomes a big WR #1 upgrade for the rest of the year.    When coverage is tight and he has a 1 on 1 he'll get the ball thrown his way.   Good pickup for the Chiefs.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 3
  • Haha (+1) 2