The MVP Race is 3 Players & Why they Can Win

Wizard

Is it time for the pool on how few int's Josh throws this year?  Extrapolates to 0, but that is unlikely.  I do recall a year Goff had only 4 though.  So, need to keep the no INT game rolling.  The MVP will be the caboose on that train.

At this point I'm enjoying the hell out of Lamar. He's playing the best ball in his life, and he's playing the position at an insanely high level. 

I have him ahead of Goff at the moment, because I think Allen has another level to him, and because of how bad he struggled in the Texans/Ravens game. 

15 hours ago, Sojourner said:

Don’t give that thing any weight anymore. 

There’s been three in recent years that I, and many others have, disagreed with:

Manning over Brees (even though he got revenge and beat him in the SB), 2009

Rodgers over JJ Watt, 2014

Rodgers over Josh, 2020

Those 3 even though I disagreed with the choice, still could make sense of the actual winner being who they were. 

Last season though? Lamar over Josh? Yeah. Laughable. Guy had 10 more rushing TDs than “the best dual threat QB in the league”. 

Rodgers over Kupp 2021 was the worst.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, T.E. said:

Here's the only thing that matters when comparing Allen and Jackson:

The Ravens would trade Lamar for Allen straight-up in a heartbeat, and the Bills would never make that deal.

I don't think either club would take the other QB. 

Man we gotta enjoy both of these QBs rather than trying tear down Jackson. These guys are SPECIAL

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Rodgers over Kupp 2021 was the worst.

Eh, to some extent. But is Megatron doesn’t even get the OPOY in 2012 then you look at why, a receiver is more a product of the QB than a RB is (Adrian Peterson). Kupp saw 200 targets. That’s a boat load. If they included post season then absolutely, Kupp should have got the MVP award. 

Would actually argue why Rodgers got it over Brady that year…

Just now, Sojourner said:

Eh, to some extent. But is Megatron doesn’t even get the OPOY in 2012 then you look at why, a receiver is more a product of the QB than a RB is (Adrian Peterson). Kupp saw 200 targets. That’s a boat load. If they included post season then absolutely, Kupp should have got the MVP award. 

Would actually argue why Rodgers got it over Brady that year…

Kupp had the receiver triple crown that year.  Only 4 players have done this in 60 years.  This was in the regular season....

• Like (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, appoo said:

I don't think either club would take the other QB. 

Man we gotta enjoy both of these QBs rather than trying tear down Jackson. These guys are SPECIAL

The Ravens would absolutely take Allen, if that trade was hypothetically offered. Their team with his passing ability would be almost unbeatable.

8 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Kupp had the receiver triple crown that year.  Only 4 players have done this in 60 years.  This was in the regular season....

I understand that. And am not diminishing anything in the regular season. Was just saying the playoff run on top of the regular season, given history of the MVP and receiving accomplishments, would be the criteria to undoubtably give him the MVP award. 

3 minutes ago, Sojourner said:

I understand that. And am not diminishing anything in the regular season. Was just saying the playoff run on top of the regular season, given history of the MVP and receiving accomplishments, would be the criteria to undoubtably give him the MVP award. 

MVP doesn't consider playoff performance---votes are counted before the playoffs start.. So, he should have gotten MVP based on his regular season Triple Crown.  It's incredibly unique.  Rodgers didn't even have his best season, nor did Brady.  Kupp should have been a no brainer. They are 7-10 in the games he has missed since then. Now the Rams are calling it quits and looking (laughably) to unload a totally washed Stafford.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Mr. WEO said:

MVP doesn't consider playoff performance---votes are counted before the playoffs start.. So, he should have gotten MVP based on his regular season Triple Crown.  It's incredibly unique.  Rodgers didn't even have his best season, nor did Brady.  Kupp should have been a no brainer. They are 7-10 in the games he has missed since then. Now the Rams are calling it quits and looking (laughably) to unload a totally washed Stafford.

I know. Which is why in both comments I put the “if” regarding the post season. 

I am not disagreeing with you for one second he wasn’t deserving. I’m talking about what I believe it would take for them to make Kupp be a “no brainer”. A WR, at that level, is as much a product of the QB throwing him the ball. Especially 200 times a season. 

Rodger’s didn’t have his best season, yes. 

Brady? That was Brady’s best career year he’s ever had. Easily. 

Most yards he’s thrown for in his career. 
2nd highest stat line in his career for Attempts, Completions, Completion % and TDs. 

4 of those stats he led the league, out of the 5 completion % was not; still top 10. 

Rodgers shouldn’t have won that, agreed. But you can make an argument, as much as we hate the guy, for Brady as much as you can for Kupp on the award snub.