The MVP Race is 3 Players & Why they Can Win

Wizard

Henry had no chance. He isn't going together more votes than Lamar.

It's realistically going to come down to Lamar and Allen and we really should know in about 5 weeks. As the Bills will play the Chiefs and the Ravens play 4 good Defenses. 

Maybe the Broncos, Steelers or Browns crack the code. Teams have to figure out how to neutralize their rushing attack without sacrificing their safeties. Some team is going to figure out how

6 hours ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

They’ll give Josh his first before they give Lamar his third if it’s reasonably close imo especially given the bills were ‘supposed’ to take a big step back on offense.

It very well may not be reasonably close though haha we’ll have to wait and see..that ravens offense is ridiculous 

Not even close. The headlines to be a 3time MVP is too good to pass up. They can't give Henry the MVP when the reigning MVP is on the same roster, either. Henry could break the record for rushing yards and Jackson still gets it because the media hype. The media hype loves to pretend Josh is an underdog and pretend they ignore him. The media loves the narrative that Josh is not the same calibre as Jackson because he hasn't won anything, he throws picks, he isn't as great of a play maker. 

The media keeps these narratives alive because it is what keeps them making an income. 

7 hours ago, MJS said:

Yep. I've been critical of Lamar Jackson in the past, but he is legitimately balling out this year.

BUT... it's a long season with ebbs and flows. Let's see if he can keep it up all year.

I want to see if Henry can keep up this level of production all year. If Henry starts to show a decline d/t age and usage, then let's see how well Jackson does carrying the entire offense. If Lamar can keep it up, I can't really argue with him getting the award. 

Edited by atlbillsfan1975

4 minutes ago, loveorhatembillsfan4life said:

Right now absolutely Lamar. But lots of season left.

Josh is going to need a big time showing in a big time game. Right  now I see possibly the unbeaten Chiefs coming to town to be that game. 

There is a chance we could be the chiefs only loss. They don't have any tough games remaining - I don't count the Texans being tough against them.

The ravens have it even easier but they have a habit of dropping a few in division games or a random ***** up. Plus, they play the Texans.

The Texans are screwed.  Dallas, KC, Detroit, and the Ravens.  They will lose 2 more games.

The one seed in the AFC will be a 2 loss Ravens or Chiefs. Our Chiefs, Niners, Lions matchups will give us at least 1 loss for 3 on the season.