Apparently the Giants are cutting Boogie

Snappysnackcakes

9 hours ago, LABILLBACKER said:

What a terrible "Cody Ford" type of pick. Oh well we still must keep drafting pass rushers until we find that diamond. Von won't be around forever and Groot/AJE are hardly elite.

Eh…they double dipped at DE that year and hit on one of them. Not terrible

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, LABILLBACKER said:

We got greedy defensively and went to the well 3x in two drafts.  We already burned an early pick on AJE in 2020, then drafted Groot in the 1st round. Was it really necessary to waste another high pick on a 3rd DE??  We easily could've had Nico Collins or Aman-Ra St. Brown with Boogies pick. You're right, McD can't get out of his own way.  And he'll never emphasize the offense. 

Boogie was 100% a Beane and Schoen pick. They loved him. Be glad Rousseau was there because they had such a high grade on Boogie they'd have considered him at the end of round 1 if Etienne and Rousseau were off the board.

47 minutes ago, Sojourner said:

Dion Dawkins, Eppy, James Cook, Torrence. 
Not that bad. 

Zay Jones, Cody Ford, Boogie Basham. 
Pretty poor players for us. 

Keon and Cole Bishop the other 2nd rounders. Jury is obviously still out on them. 

How do you feel about the later rounds/day 3 picks?
Excluding this year, he’s had 30 draft picks in that 4-7 round range. 
Shakir, Benford, Damar, Gabe Davis, Tyler Bass, Taron, Siran Neal and Milano are the hits for this team. 

Dion and Zay were Sean not Brandon.

• Like (+1) 1

12 hours ago, Snappysnackcakes said:

Boy , that may have been one of beanes worst picks , especially going back to back with Espinosa.   Wonder if that’s one of those “ he’d like to have back”. ?  Getting cut loose from that dumpster fire of a season/ team is an indictment on his talent level. But hey ' if you have nothing else to do , just come hang out on the PS.” !   How absurd is that? The bills treat each roster / ps slot like they are important , nothing given , only earned. Giants are leaving it open to a move from a guy they just cut ?  I understand him getting cut , but being offered a consolation prize , doesn’t seem like legit roster building.  Daboll may really be in trouble, and this doesn’t instill confidence in the gm either.  I can’t imagine the bills looking at him again , even tho I bet some might suggest that. Pretty significant whiff and hard to understand why he stood out on beans board that year. 

13 hours ago, Big Turk said:

Teams miss on picks...that's just how it goes.  I'm not sure why so many on here act like the Bills are the only team that ever has picks not pan out...

I mean look at the Chiefs...as  good as they are they drafted CEH and Skyy Moore in the 1st and 2nd rounds and have gotten not a lot from them.

Very true.  But often TBD consensus picks are superior, and that’s been going on for a long time.

The vast majority of this board wanted DK Metcalf in 2nd round

Vita 
anyone but Maybin

board want Mack, we took Watkins

• Thank you (+1) 1

14 hours ago, Snappysnackcakes said:

14 hours ago, Logic said:

Something something Creed Humphrey anger frustration grrrrrrr

14 hours ago, BillsfaninSB said:

He just needs spend a few weeks in Carolina and that should clear the way back to Buffalo. 

Doesn't this mean the Ravens or Patriots get a compensatory pick?

13 hours ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

boogie pick. 

12 hours ago, Beast said:

I gotta boogie on my finger and I can’t get it off.

I gotta boogie on my finger and I can’t get it off.

9 hours ago, AlCowlingsTaxiService said:

Git er dun beanie! 🤪

You forgot to say "I've heard of him!"

• Haha (+1) 2

2 hours ago, Pete said:

Very true.  But often TBD consensus picks are superior, and that’s been going on for a long time.

Vita 
anyone but Maybin

And plenty of people wanted the "other Josh" including me.  Let's not forget about all the ones we get wrong which happen far more often.

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

18 hours ago, LABILLBACKER said:

What a terrible "Cody Ford" type of pick.

18 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

Why?  He's awful.

18 hours ago, MJS said:

Definately a head scratching pick by Beane at the time.

18 hours ago, T.E. said:

What a colossally dumb pick that had McDermott's hands all over it.

17 hours ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

what makes the boogie pick painful is that we really needed an interior olineman, many of us wanted creed Humphrey, and they passed on him for boogie and the chiefs took Humphrey two picks later. 

15 hours ago, JohnNord said:

Boogie turned out to be a horrendous draft pick.

14 hours ago, Iiiiiiiiive Got a Feeeelin said:

Sounds like a big miss to me 

5 hours ago, DrPJax said:

Boy , that may have been one of beanes worst picks ,

If the Bills did sign Boogie, would you Basham?

236c06dc87b8685d5b1efbd98b55065a.gif

I'm here all days folks. :P

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

im not the biggest scout/draft guy, but i remember when this pick was made, i was wondering what makes this guy good enough to take this high, and after we added AJ, oliver, and groot.  i was hoping the front office had secret knowledge, but my goodness this guy sucked out loud from day one.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

10 hours ago, ChronicAndKnuckles said:

Eh…they double dipped at DE that year and hit on one of them. Not terrible

While Boogie looked like a better run-defender than pass rush guy, I didn't criticize Beane for double dipping when we needed DE help so desperately at the time and all draft picks are crap shoots anyway.  

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Pete said:

Vita 
anyone but Maybin

yes, the majority consensus picks years later are always right. If you go back and look at the actual results, I think you'll find the TBD hivemind is pretty awful. Don't forget you don't just get to look at the one pick in a decade that's 'right', but all the ones that are very, very wrong.

23 hours ago, T.E. said:

At least with Ford, we needed an offensive lineman and he was viewed by many as a 1st rounder. We took Basham right after selecting Rousseau. What a colossally dumb pick that had McDermott's hands all over it.

Anyone think or know what they liked about Basham when they drafted him or was it another piece in the DL rotation?

• Like (+1) 1

I get why Beane double dipped at DE in that draft. He saw how the Bucs pass rush feasted on KC's (backup) OTs. But really didn't like him as a prospect. Basically drafting him at his ceiling, at 24 years old. Nothing on tape really jumped out about him. Kind of a tweener guy that doesn't do anything that well. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, BB2004 said:

Anyone think or know what they liked about Basham when they drafted him or was it another piece in the DL rotation?

Someone posted it previously that, yes, it was for rotations but also they felt he had the ability to play multiple positions across the line if needed. 

8 hours ago, Sierra Foothills said:

Doesn't this mean the Ravens or Patriots get a compensatory pick?

You forgot to say "I've heard of him!"

Jerry picked a Boogie too! 

17297088673643795275124557365317.png.02e9a1484443eb7d3764661214d079a7.png

22 hours ago, Big Turk said:

Teams miss on picks...that's just how it goes.  I'm not sure why so many on here act like the Bills are the only team that ever has picks not pan out...

I mean look at the Chiefs...as  good as they are they drafted CEH and Skyy Moore in the 1st and 2nd rounds and have gotten not a lot from them.

it's probably because, as opposed to the Bills, despite the misses, the Chiefs can't stop winning Lombardys.....