Apparently the Giants are cutting Boogie

36 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

Teams miss on picks...that's just how it goes.  I'm not sure why so many on here act like the Bills are the only team that ever has picks not pan out...

I mean look at the Chiefs...as  good as they are they drafted CEH and Skyy Moore in the 1st and 2nd rounds and have gotten not a lot from them.

It's not so much that they missed, but that he was only picked because they felt the need to draft ANOTHER defensive lineman despite taking one a round earlier, taking one with their first pick the year before, and taking one with a top-10 pick the year before that.

They drafted Allen in 2018 and then did not use their first pick on offense again until 2023. Who does that with a high-end QB?

• Disagree 1
  • Agree 1
  • Dislike 1

30 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

Teams miss on picks...that's just how it goes.  I'm not sure why so many on here act like the Bills are the only team that ever has picks not pan out...

I mean look at the Chiefs...as  good as they are they drafted CEH and Skyy Moore in the 1st and 2nd rounds and have gotten not a lot from them.

Even if we just wanna limit talk to recent edge rushers, I mean it’s still early but karlaftis/anudike-uzomah were both first rounders and I’d still take Rousseau/basham over that despite basham being straight up worthless lol karlaftis is pretty good and Rousseau is very good but maybe not quite great 

21 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

We got greedy defensively and went to the well 3x in two drafts.  We already burned an early pick on AJE in 2020, then drafted Groot in the 1st round. Was it really necessary to waste another high pick on a 3rd DE??  We easily could've had Nico Collins or Aman-Ra St. Brown with Boogies pick. You're right, McD can't get out of his own way.  And he'll never emphasize the offense. 

?????

USATSI_24544064.jpg?w=1000&h=600&crop=1

11 minutes ago, T.E. said:

It's not so much that they missed, but that he was only picked because they felt the need to draft ANOTHER defensive lineman despite taking one a round earlier, taking one with their first pick the year before, and taking one with a top-10 pick the year before that.

They drafted Allen in 2018 and then did not use their first pick on offense again until 2023. Who does that with a high-end QB?

Green Bay did it to Rodgers for over a decade. I’m glad we finally stopped that madness. But offensive first round picks will still be the exception rather than the rule around here with McD. 

He had an interception, why dont I remember that?

Sigh, here comes all the should drafted this guy instead posts.

16 minutes ago, T.E. said:

How was Diggs acquired again?

Edited by Matt_In_NH

2 hours ago, LABILLBACKER said:

What a terrible "Cody Ford" type of pick. Oh well we still must keep drafting pass rushers until we find that diamond. Von won't be around forever and Groot/AJE are hardly elite.

Did... you see Groot last Sunday?

2 hours ago, T master said:

Thank GOD at least one fan here gets it thank you, thank you, thank you !!!

After all the good that Beane has done for this team and it's future yet every body is so freakin critical when a pick doesn't work out but doesn't look at other teams to compare before spewing such nonsense !! 

Thanks again !!! 

Not just a pick. He’s missed on multiple second round picks and the jury is still out on Bishop…

• Eyeroll 1

3 hours ago, Snappysnackcakes said:

Boogie turned out to be a horrendous draft pick.  But in his draft class, he seemed to be a relatively safe pick.   He was thought of as someone who could step right in with a high floor.  But man, did he suck.   The best thing Beane did was cut their losses.  

Still drafting high DE’s who couldn’t give the defense the pass rush they needed had collateral damage.  It forced the Bills to roll the dice and overspend with Von Miller which ultimately hasn’t worked out.  

Edited by JohnNord
  • Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, T.E. said:

At least with Ford, we needed an offensive lineman and he was viewed by many as a 1st rounder. We took Basham right after selecting Rousseau. What a colossally dumb pick that had McDermott's hands all over it.

Actually, I thought McDermott seemed unenthusiastic at the time, IMO. They posted the video of the draft room when Boogie was picked and McD looked kind of stunned for a couple of seconds, then said “hey, you can never have too many pass rushers” or similar. It wasn’t “wohoo, we got our guy” like with Rousseau. It was more “ok, I guess.”

Edited by vincec

1 hour ago, Rigotz said:

Did... you see Groot last Sunday?

I don't get as excited about qb hits or pressures as some fans. I've watched qbs like Mahomes complete td passes under pressure. But I have yet to see a sacked qb complete a pass.  We're 7 games in and Groot has 3.5 sacks.  He's just too inconsistent. 

• Disagree 1
  • Agree 4

23 minutes ago, JohnNord said:

Boogie turned out to be a horrendous draft pick.  But in his draft class, he seemed to be a relatively safe pick.   He was thought of as someone who could step right in with a high floor.  But man, did he suck.   The best thing Beane did was cut their losses.  

Still drafting high DE’s who couldn’t give the defense the pass rush they needed had collateral damage.  It forced the Bills to roll the dice and overspend with Von Miller which ultimately hasn’t worked out.  

Funny, I don't remember him as playing badly. In fact, he made some plays as I recall. He wasn't spectacular, but neither was (or is) Epenesa. I was surprised when he was cut. But since he's done nothing since, I must have missed his ineptitude somehow. 

4 hours ago, MJS said:

Definately a head scratching pick by Beane at the time.

There were a good amount of fans here wanting the Bills to draft Basham, so I don't think it was that big of a head scratcher.

5 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

I don't get as excited about qb hits or pressures as some fans. I've watched qbs like Mahomes complete td passes under pressure. But I have yet to see a sacked qb complete a pass.  We're 7 games in and Groot has 3.5 sacks.  He's just too inconsistent. 

Wasn't that from the first game?