Chargers @ Cardinals MNF game thread

stuvian

1 minute ago, stevestojan said:

it’s Ravens -9.5 right now and we should all HAMMER that. 

Nope.  Division game.  

NFC v AFC games are weird and can be misleading.  They don’t know each other.  

The Ravens lost to the Raiders

11 minutes ago, Brand J said:

Could Lamar be a 3x MVP? Would the league grant him back to back honors?

It's possible. If you look at this season in a vacuum he would definitely be the front runner.

However, I don't think I'm alone in viewing his MVP last year as fraudulent. His stats were not remotely close to good enough for MVP, but the league gave it to him anyway because the Ravens had 13 wins and dominated the 49ers in a primetime matchup late in the season. Lamar then ***** the bed in the playoffs (strictly speaking that has nothing to do with regular season MVP, but it effects peoples view of him). 

Unless Lamar completely dominates the field this year I don't see him winning the MVP.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Inigo Montoya said:

Lamar throws a prettier deep ball than Josh.  I don't remember the last time Josh hit a bomb.   Josh throws a ball on a frozen rope 30 better than anyone.  The lofted deep ball?  Not so much.

which makes me think they dont work on it much.   

Just now, DabillsDaBillsDaBills said:

It's possible. If you look at this season in a vacuum he would definitely be the front runner.

However, I don't think I'm alone in viewing his MVP last year as fraudulent. His stats were not remotely close to good enough for MVP, but the league gave it to him anyway because the Ravens had 13 wins and dominated the 49ers in a primetime matchup late in the season. Lamar then ***** the bed in the playoffs (strictly speaking that has nothing to do with regular season MVP, but it effects peoples view of him). 

Unless Lamar completely dominates the field this year I don't see him winning the MVP.

I think if it is close between him and another player, then he won’t get it. Voter fatigue is a thing. 

• Agree 1

Just now, Awwufelloff said:

3rd mvp for Lamar a lock

It's going to come down to Lamar or Allen honestly. I'd almost bet at this point it's which team finishes higher in the standings. Goff is also putting together some good stats.

Right now its 1. Lamar >gap< 2. Allen >gap< 3. Goff