Schefter: Metcalf considered “week to week”

Big Blitz

Besides looking in the mirror, here's how I know I'm old...

When I saw the name Metcalf, I immediately thought of Eric and wondered why Schefter was posting about him or why anyone on a Bills message board cared.  

This kind of stuff happens a lot.  Like why did I see Frank Reich (#14) on the sidelines last year when the Bills D was on the field?  

• Sad 1
  • Agree 2
  • Haha (+1) 7
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

1 minute ago, hondo in seattle said:

When I saw the name Metcalf, I immediately thought of Eric and wondered why Schefter was posting about him or why anyone on a Bills message board cared.  

This kind of stuff happens a lot.  Like why did I see Frank Reich (#14) on the sidelines last year when the Bills D was on the field?  

I loved Eric Metcalf.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 6

1 minute ago, hondo in seattle said:

I'm older than you evidently. I thought he was talking about Terry Metcalf LOL

what does "week to week" mean?  Maybe this week?  Sounds to me like a game time decision. Probably too early in the week to know anything.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, hondo in seattle said:

Don't feel too bad.

For a second yesterday I was wondering why Bernard Pollard was in the Titans backfield. :bag:

• Like (+1) 2

8 minutes ago, hondo in seattle said:

Hell of a return man

• Agree 1

17 minutes ago, Simon said:

Damn, I wanted to see our corners brawling with him all game.

It would have been like a Boxer fighting a Great Dane.

Agreed. Was looking forward to see how benford and douglas fared vs Metcalf.  I have the utmost confidence in both of those dudes.  

while I think he’ll probably leave and yield us a 4th rd draft pick in 26, I really hope we lock Douglas up for another year or two. He’s a dog. If you haven’t watched his mic’s up vs the jets, I recommend it.  He and Benford make up my favorite corner back duo ever.   Add Taron- I love our corners.  

• Like (+1) 4

1 minute ago, NewEra said:

Agreed. Was looking forward to see how benford and douglas fared vs Metcalf.  I have the utmost confidence in both of those dudes.  

while I think he’ll probably leave and yield us a 4th rd draft pick in 26, I really hope we lock Douglas up for another year or two. He’s a dog. If you haven’t watched his mic’s up vs the jets, I recommend it.  He and Benford make up my favorite corner back duo ever.   Add Taron- I love our corners.  

I never thought Clements/Winfield could be outdone, but I think Taron puts this crew over the top.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

14 minutes ago, Mikie2times said:

My fantasy team

Rice = Out for the year

Cupp= Been out most of the year

Metcalf= Now injured 

Etienne = Out 

Tyreek Hill = Might as well be injured without a QB

Next year draft with the thought availability is the best ability!

10 minutes ago, reddogblitz said:

what does "week to week" mean?  Maybe this week?  Sounds to me like a game time decision. Probably too early in the week to know anything.

Grade 1 is 1-3 weeks.  No one knows but them how much of a Grade 1 it is.

I give it a slim chance he plays.

The thing is the Bills are a non-conference game, and they have the Rams, 49ers and Cardinals the following 3 weeks.

That may factor into a decision.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

15 minutes ago, Mikie2times said:

My fantasy team

Rice = Out for the year

Cupp= Been out most of the year

Metcalf= Now injured 

Etienne = Out 

Tyreek Hill = Might as well be injured without a QB

So how’s that going for you?  😂 

Just now, ColoradoBills said:

Grade 1 is 1-3 weeks.  No one knows but them how much of a Grade 1 it is.

I give it a slim chance he plays.

The thing is the Bills are a non-conference game, and they have the Rams, 49ers and Cardinals the following 3 weeks.

That may factor into a decision.

It helps if we lose to the NFC teams, right? I think I read that somewhere…….

• Haha (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Simon said:

I never thought Clements/Winfield could be outdone, but I think Taron puts this crew over the top.

💯 

clements and Winfield were our best but my previous favorite was Clements and Terrence McGee.  Loved Winfield and he was definitely the better corner, but McGee was my guy.  Probably more so because he was such an amazing return guy.  I was on the edge of my seat every time he had a chance to return.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2