Alphas week 7 recap and review

Alphadawg7

What a turn around after the flat and slow start
Everyone eats is gonna be even better now with more talent out there eating

Defensive adjustments for the 2nd half continue to be impressive - so kudos Babich
Offensive line controlled the LOS once we got out of our own way
Nice bounce back by Allen after he again started poorly and was off early in the game
Total team win - all 3 phases played well overall by end of the game

Special teams deserves a shout out - but Bass still makes me nervous anytime he kicks
Underperforming on both sides of the ball early in games is something they need to fix asap
Carter can ball 
Keon continues to impress and the addition of Cooper will only further help his development

Perfect comp % again to Shakir - Coopers presence and Keons development will only make Shakir more dangerous

Amari trade was another win for Beane, impressive debut on 4 days to learn the offense

Running back room is amongst the best in the league right now
Taron being back has been a huge lift to the defense

Turnovers?  What turnovers?  You must be talking about Mahomes :flirt:

Will Beane make any more moves before the deadline?  Chatter is he may not be done...

Our time to go all in should be now...so much parity in the league this year...Get'er Done Beane!

GO BILLS!!!

• Like (+1) 9
  • Agree 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 6
  • Thank you (+1) 5

13 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

What a turn around after the flat and slow start
Everyone eats is gonna be even better now with more talent out there eating

Defensive adjustments for the 2nd half continue to be impressive - so kudos Babich
Offensive line controlled the LOS once we got out of our own way
Nice bounce back by Allen after he again started poorly and was off early in the game
Total team win - all 3 phases played well overall by end of the game

Special teams deserves a shout out - but Bass still makes me nervous anytime he kicks
Underperforming on both sides of the ball early in games is something they need to fix asap
Carter can ball 
Keon continues to impress and the addition of Cooper will only further help his development

Perfect comp % again to Shakir - Coopers presence and Keons development will only make Shakir more dangerous

Amari trade was another win for Beane, impressive debut on 4 days to learn the offense

Running back room is amongst the best in the league right now
Taron being back has been a huge lift to the defense

Turnovers?  What turnovers?  You must be talking about Mahomes :flirt:

Will Beane make any more moves before the deadline?  Chatter is he may not be done...

Our time to go all in should be now...so much parity in the league this year...Get'er Done Beane!

GO BILLS!!!

We need to shore up Run Defense. A BIG DT would be a nice add.  And whatever else Beane feels like adding lol

• Agree 3

Seems like the whole team was pressing, and trying too hard to do their jobs. Then at halftime they remembered that football is just a game that they've all been playing their whole lives. They came out in the 3rd looking loose, and having fun.

No doubt, there will be bumps along the way, but I hope they keep that mentality the rest of the season.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, somnus00 said:

Seems like the whole team was pressing, and trying too hard to do their jobs. Then at halftime they remembered that football is just a game that they've all been playing their whole lives. They came out in the 3rd looking loose, and having fun.

No doubt, there will be bumps along the way, but I hope they keep that mentality the rest of the season.

Yeah they need to figure out these slow starts, it's happening too often.  And I can't even blame it all on Brady either as Allen was just off early in this game, Cooper killed a drive on his firs target with the drop, and the OL got more dumb early penalties.  We gotta clean up these slow and poor starts on both sides of the ball, we don't to make it a habit of going down multiple scores early come playoff time.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2

So I did not post this in another thread did not know where to put it.

The big dt from the titans was one of the big reasons early in the game we could not do anything.  4 3 and outs or 5 just sucks.

The  big kid just kept pushing the line back from the left side his right.

6' 5" 366 is a big tub of goo to move off his spot.

At the end of the game he was tried and on the sidelines alot.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Yeah they need to figure out these slow starts, it's happening too often.  And I can't even blame it all on Brady either as Allen was just off early in this game, Cooper killed a drive on his firs target with the drop, and the OL got more dumb early penalties.  We gotta clean up these slow and poor starts on both sides of the ball, we don't to make it a habit of going down multiple scores early come playoff time.

The terrible starts are the biggest storyline of our season

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

Thanks for doing these OP, especially with the newest bambino at home to take up all your free time 🤣🤗

Haha, yeah it’s a new level of tired,  it it’s actually our 17 month old toddler wearing us down the most.  It’s like living with a feral animal that gets stronger, smarter, faster, etc every hour of each day haha.  

• Haha (+1) 3

1 hour ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Haha, yeah it’s a new level of tired,  it it’s actually our 17 month old toddler wearing us down the most.  It’s like living with a feral animal that gets stronger, smarter, faster, etc every hour of each day haha.  

Yeah been there done that.  Hard to believe but you will miss these days when they are out in the world as adults.  Hang in there friend. 

• Agree 2

3 hours ago, Freddie's Dead said:

Baby up all night crying.

I can't get any sleep.

Looking forward to baby sleeping through the night.

Laugh it up, furball.

Sex?  Kids were the best birth control ever invented.

Bahahahahaha well played👏 🫡 

• Thank you (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Enjoy that passion of experiencing life for the first time only toddlers can bring, and the privilege of guiding and shaping it.  I certainly don't miss the barely controlled daily chaos, but it's all good.  Congratulations on what I'm sure is a beautiful family! 

• Thank you (+1) 1

My synopsis

Big Win to take control of the division, need to string a few together here. Talent prevails, but need to find a way to play 60 minutes. Why are we better at adjustments than game planning??? DeWayne Carter is becoming a revelation out there. Amari was an add that will raise the level of WR performance, no coincidence that Coleman had a big game. Stay healthy. 

• Like (+1) 1