Keon Coleman 4th In Rookie Receiving Yards

3 hours ago, DCofNC said:

Keon is doing well.  Still absolutely hate that they didn’t go up for BTJ when he was falling.   I’m not sure what they DIDN’T see in him. Hopefully Keon develops into a guy that makes me forget that BTJ was within reach.

Jacksonville will push the plunger one of these weeks and Doug Pederson will be flushed. Who knows what will happen to his players. Travis Etienne is prolly gonzo. Coaches like their own schemes and their own guys. Maybe Thomas doesn’t develop or trajectory slows with a new system, new qb, etc. Life and football are funny. That guy could make his way to Buffalo after all. You see what I did there, it’s all a pageant here one TBD.  

8 hours ago, msw2112 said:

Here's the question, though.  Can Worthy bulk up?  Some guys just don't have the frame for it.  Or, even if he does bulk up, what happens to his 4.2 speed?  Can he maintain that speed at a heavier weight and carrying more bulk?

He’s so small, wearing shoulder pads probably slows him down a notch.

11 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

And consider this too...Keon only had 1 catch over weeks 2 and 3 (for a TD week 3) because week 2 it was the Cook show and our offense chewed clock the 2nd half where Allen only threw for like 130 yards and week 3 where Keon was benched 1st quarter for being late and then only really played the 2nd quarter as again the offense just chewed clock second half.  Not to mention, the offense had a slow start week 1 where Allen only had 2 pass attempts with around 2 min left in the first half.  

Had those first 3 weeks been games where we were really throwing all 4 quarters and Keon was involved in all 4 each week not having to miss one, he would be probably closer or past 25 rec and approaching 500 yards.  

The other thing that's crazy (kind of in relation to Alpha's post and Keon's ypc as many have mentioned) is that he is fourth in receiving yards, but with only 27 targets.

The three guys ahead of him on the list have 45, 60, and 60 targets respectively (Thomas, Bowers, Nabers)---and just behind him is Marvin Harrison, Jr. and he has 43 targets. There are 8 rookie WRs with more targets than Keon and another one with the same number of targets. Of the top 10 most-targeted rookie WRs, the average number of targets is 39, Keon has 27, but is 4th in yards and tied for 4th in TDs.

1 hour ago, ghostwriter said:

The more I see this kid, the more and more I love him!

Agreed. And though I loved his first interview after the draft, I did worry a bit that he might be that kind of dick/diva WR type (I don't know, something about his mannerisms---I didn't really know anything about him prior to the draft).

But not at all, Keon seems humble (not about his skills, but about being a good teammate, etc.) and down to Earth. His post game interview this week displayed it well. The way he answered the question about if he helped Cooper know the alert play on Cooper's TD was so respectful to Amari. He always talks great about Josh and gives his other teammates their props, etc. And everyone who played with him/coached him seem to have great things to say about him. They went a little overboard about the whole Tom Izzo thing on the broadcast, but it's just another case in point that he's just a good kid. So happy he's a Bill.

Edited by folz

9 hours ago, Savage said:

Is 4th in receiving yards an accomplishment?

just asking for a friend.

For the eighth guy chosen? Absolutely yes.

Particularly in a year when three WRs were chosen in the top nine picks. Seriously, yeah, it absolutely is.

Still early, that's a fair caveat. But yeah, it's an accomplishment.