Keon Coleman 4th In Rookie Receiving Yards

Nabers (6th overall) 39 Rec 427 yds 3 TDs in 5 games  (10.95 yds/rec)

Thomas (23rd overall) 30 Rec 513 yds 4 TDs in 7 games (17.1 yds/rec)

Coleman (33rd overall) 16 Rec 326 yds 2 TDs in 7 games (20.38 yds/rec)

Harrison (4th overall) 17 Rec 279 yds 4 TDs in 7 games (16.41 yds/rec)

TE Bowers (13th overall) 47 Rec 477 yds 1 TD in 7 games (10.15 yds/rec)

Maybe Beane and company knew something after all? I compared Coleman to Higgins and Pittman on draft day and I think the analogy still holds.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

4 minutes ago, GASabresIUFan said:

Nabers (6th overall) 39 Rec 427 yds 3 TDs in 5 games  (10.95 yds/rec)

Thomas (23rd overall) 30 Rec 513 yds 4 TDs in 7 games (17.1 yds/rec)

Coleman (33rd overall) 16 Rec 326 yds 2 TDs in 7 games (20.38 yds/rec)

Harrison (4th overall) 17 Rec 279 yds 4 TDs in 7 games (16.41 yds/rec)

TE Bowers (13th overall) 47 Rec 477 yds 1 TD in 7 games (10.15 yds/rec)

Maybe Beane and company knew something after all? I compared Coleman to Higgins and Pittman on draft day and I think the analogy still holds.

Seems like Coleman is playing to his draft position.

not lighting up the league, but steady as she goes.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, GASabresIUFan said:

That 20 yards a catch is nothing to sneeze at.

Of course not, but pretty much just two catches per game.

crap,

a WR can one catch in one game 80 yards, and that is his average.

just need a bigger sample from Coleman.

im not saying he sucks, nor am I saying he’s great.

he just needs to keepworking and improving.

Keon is doing well.  Still absolutely hate that they didn’t go up for BTJ when he was falling.   I’m not sure what they DIDN’T see in him. Hopefully Keon develops into a guy that makes me forget that BTJ was within reach.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, GoBills! said:

Keon is 4th in YPC in the entire league. He is a big play guy so far which is great. Hopefully the trend continues. 

Get your god***m facts straight before you go posting lies!

Keon is 3rd in YPC. At least according to ESPN. 

🍻

Screenshot 2024-10-21 at 8.42.24 PM copy 2.jpg

Keon would probably be 1st in YAC if his slow-40-time-having-ass didn't get run down from behind on that slant route. 

(hi. before you hit the eyeroll reaction, this is a joke. i like the kid.)

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Been thinking about this Amari trade a lot, and how our entire offense is transformed.

I think most of us here wanted a better complement than Gabe Davis, and also wondered what happened to Diggs down the stretch. We now see that Diggs is nothing more than a volume/possession type of receiver at this point in his career.

I think Amari is an upgrade over Diggs at this point, and overall a better yac guy.

Coleman is a far superior talent to Gabe, and Shakir is finally our Beasley replacement.

Not to mention Cook/Davis and Kincaid.

This might be the most talented offense we've had, when you throw in the offensive line and our ability to run.

Edited by Allen2Moulds
  • Like (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, freddyjj said:

This post is limited to ROOKIE WRs.  

I think Keon being near the top of the list of ALL WRs YPC, as @GoBills! pointed out, is a very impressive and worth inclusion here. 

If you insist on limited the posts to rookie comparisons, Keon would be number 1 of all rookies in YPC.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

4 hours ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

... how do you figure?

We would have had to trade above 23 to get BTJ. Which would have been damn near impossible to pull off with no Round 3 Pick and not using a 2nd Round Pick which we'd need to get Keon as well.

Even if we could get a package together that way that would fit the trade value for Pick 22 - we'd then need to put together ANOTHER package to get from 60 to the top of Round 2 to get Coleman. Considering Ja'Lynn Polk went at 37 and Keon Coleman was their first choice and we don't know that LA would have still taken McConkey at 34 if Coleman were still there, we'd probably have to get to the very top where we took him to insure it. And the cost to move from 60 to 33 is even more than moving from 28 to 22. 

To pull that off would be a total fantasy style trade that would require giving up pretty much all of this Draft (as Round 4 and later picks don't move the needle much in terms of value for people moving in Rounds 1 and 2) and multiple picks in the 2025 Draft - including top picks.

Even if we were inclined to do that, which he most assuredly wouldn't, the most important part of these scenarios is finding someone who is willing to move down. Trade up's are always talked about as if once you meet the Trade Value, it's a done deal. The biggest hurdle is getting someone to not just stand pat and take their guy. Which is what teams WAY more often than not just do.

And then even if through some crazy stroke of uncharacteristic actions of Beane and other GM's, we were able to pull this off - we wouldn't have Cole Bishop, DeWayne Carter, Ray Davis, and Sedrick Van Pran-Granger for sure (probably others as well). Plus, whomever we'll end up taking with the myriad of 2025 picks we'd need to use wouldn't be here next year either. And on top of that, with us moving so many picks to get BTJ and Coleman, ain't no way we'd be giving up a 3rd (if we even had one) to acquire Amari Cooper.

All of this to say "we could have" isn't even close to realistic and with the players we'd be giving up to do it, debatably not wise.

This is the answer:

"And then even if through some crazy stroke of uncharacteristic actions of Beane and other GM's, we were able to pull this off - we wouldn't have Cole Bishop, DeWayne Carter, Ray Davis, and Sedrick Van Pran-Granger for sure (probably others as well). Plus, whomever we'll end up taking with the myriad of 2025 picks we'd need to use wouldn't be here next year either. And on top of that, with us moving so many picks to get BTJ and Coleman, ain't no way we'd be giving up a 3rd (if we even had one) to acquire Amari Cooper."

So tired of hearing we should have traded up for BTJ or Odnuze etc.

• Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

2 hours ago, DCofNC said:

Keon is doing well.  Still absolutely hate that they didn’t go up for BTJ when he was falling.   I’m not sure what they DIDN’T see in him. Hopefully Keon develops into a guy that makes me forget that BTJ was within reach.

Trading up in the 1st round for a non-QB is generally not good business. Hindsight will always end up featuring at least one player you wish you had traded up for, but without that benefit you want to have as many dart throws as possible.

IMO Beane's real mistake in this one was failing to draft a 2nd WR. I can't begrudge him for doing the statistically wise thing and keeping his picks on hand, especially for a trade that nobody actually knows if it was available. I do begrudge him for passing on other WRs that were available later in the draft. Oh well. At least he fixed his mistake before the season was lost.

Assuming Cooper performs as well in this offense as I expect him to he is a priority re-sign for me next offseason. Him plus a sophomore Coleman plus Shakir plus some other WR we hopefully draft in rounds 1-3, now we're talking.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Trading up in the 1st round for a non-QB is generally not good business. Hindsight will always end up featuring at least one player you wish you had traded up for, but without that benefit you want to have as many dart throws as possible.

IMO Beane's real mistake in this one was failing to draft a 2nd WR. I can't begrudge him for doing the statistically wise thing and keeping his picks on hand, especially for a trade that nobody actually knows if it was available. I do begrudge him for passing on other WRs that were available later in the draft. Oh well. At least he fixed his mistake before the season was lost.

Assuming Cooper performs as well in this offense as I expect him to he is a priority re-sign for me next offseason. Him plus a sophomore Coleman plus Shakir plus some other WR we hopefully draft in rounds 1-3, now we're talking.

Or maybe .. hear me out, he knew a few dumpster fire franchises would be shopping elite talent at WR, and he could maneuver his way without drafting another.

• Like (+1) 1