Keon Coleman 4th In Rookie Receiving Yards

https://www.statmuse.com/nfl/ask/nfl-rookie-receiving-yards-leaders-2024
so far this season Coleman’s looked really good for a rookie with 326 receiving yards and 2 tuddies.. let’s see how he keeps it up. He's ahead of names like Marvin Harrison Jr, Rome Odunze, and Xavier Worthy the “fastest human alive” 🤦🤣 If coleman can somehow get his way to 900-1K receiving yards and 5 touchdowns in his first year we may be in line for the next great bills wide receiver!! Go bills

• Like (+1) 17
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

And consider this too...Keon only had 1 catch over weeks 2 and 3 (for a TD week 3) because week 2 it was the Cook show and our offense chewed clock the 2nd half where Allen only threw for like 130 yards and week 3 where Keon was benched 1st quarter for being late and then only really played the 2nd quarter as again the offense just chewed clock second half.  Not to mention, the offense had a slow start week 1 where Allen only had 2 pass attempts with around 2 min left in the first half.  

Had those first 3 weeks been games where we were really throwing all 4 quarters and Keon was involved in all 4 each week not having to miss one, he would be probably closer or past 25 rec and approaching 500 yards.  

• Like (+1) 2

10 minutes ago, iwishitwerecolder said:

so far this season Coleman’s looked really good for a rookie with 326 receiving yards and 2 tuddies.. let’s see how he keeps it up. He's ahead of names like Marvin Harrison Jr, Rome Odunze, and Xavier Worthy the “fastest human alive” 🤦🤣 If coleman can somehow get his way to 900-1K receiving yards and 5 touchdowns in his first year we may be in line for the next great bills wide receiver!! Go bills

Least amount of receptions among the top 4, but the largest average per catch of all of them. Imagine if he had 30 catches.

• Like (+1) 1

Was hysterical watching Worthy get steamrolled into an interception. Kid is so weak.  He’ll make some plays over the next 4 years, but I don’t think he’ll be worth his draft position due to extreme weakness

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 5
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

He's really emerging as a legit threat on this offense.  He keeps getting better w/ each game, which is what you want w/ rookies.

All of a sudden, our WR room looks really solid - Cooper, Shakir & Coleman are a really good top 3.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 3

3 minutes ago, Success said:

He's really emerging as a legit threat on this offense.  He keeps getting better w/ each game, which is what you want w/ rookies.

All of a sudden, our WR room looks really solid - Cooper, Shakir & Coleman are a really good top 3.

As I mentioned in another thread, Shakir has 27 receptions on 28 targets.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 5

6 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Was hysterical watching Worthy get steamrolled into an interception. Kid is so weak.  He’ll make some plays over the next 4 years, but I don’t think he’ll be worth his draft position due to extreme weakness

I just saw the video. The dude is going to get press covered hard until the bulks up

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

While I have serious doubts that he will ever be a WR1, and I believe him developing into a WR2 would meet more of what my expectations for him are, he has definitely flashed some potential.  But it is going to come down to the way the staff uses him.  Outside of a couple of busted coverages, he hasn't shown the ability to get consistent separation down the field which we all knew was going to be a problem coming out of college.

However, he has shown the ability to get separation quickly on slants in the short to intermediate areas of the field.  He's had mixed results with the back shoulder/timing contested stuff, but we know he does that well and it should only get better and more consistent with reps and time on task.  It's tougher to win the contested catch stuff the NFL than it was in college because DBs are just better, but even if the success rate comes down, he can still make big plays on occasion for us.

All this said, he is one of the players that will benefit most from having Cooper on the field creating more space for him to work.  He should see plenty of one on one opportunities and if the coaches play to his strengths with the slants, stop routes, crossers, and back shoulder throws where he can use his frame to box people out, he should definitely see an uptick in production.  I think with Cooper here, you will see a little more consistency out of him and 850 yards and 5-6 TDs is absolutely possible for him this year.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

12 minutes ago, WhitewalkerInPhilly said:

I just saw the video. The dude is going to get press covered hard until the bulks up

Here's the question, though.  Can Worthy bulk up?  Some guys just don't have the frame for it.  Or, even if he does bulk up, what happens to his 4.2 speed?  Can he maintain that speed at a heavier weight and carrying more bulk?

16 minutes ago, sven233 said:

While I have serious doubts that he will ever be a WR1, and I believe him developing into a WR2 would meet more of what my expectations for him are, he has definitely flashed some potential.  But it is going to come down to the way the staff uses him.  Outside of a couple of busted coverages, he hasn't shown the ability to get consistent separation down the field which we all knew was going to be a problem coming out of college.

However, he has shown the ability to get separation quickly on slants in the short to intermediate areas of the field.  He's had mixed results with the back shoulder/timing contested stuff, but we know he does that well and it should only get better and more consistent with reps and time on task.  It's tougher to win the contested catch stuff the NFL than it was in college because DBs are just better, but even if the success rate comes down, he can still make big plays on occasion for us.

All this said, he is one of the players that will benefit most from having Cooper on the field creating more space for him to work.  He should see plenty of one on one opportunities and if the coaches play to his strengths with the slants, stop routes, crossers, and back shoulder throws where he can use his frame to box people out, he should definitely see an uptick in production.  I think with Cooper here, you will see a little more consistency out of him and 850 yards and 5-6 TDs is absolutely possible for him this year.

It's still early. Keenan Allen has never been a burner but has been highly productive in his career. But as a high caliber #2? I think  there's good odds on that.

I saw someone point out that Peerless Price was a #2, but with Moulds they formed the WR of the Drought era. Tell me anyone here wouldn't take that combo on their prime.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

We could have had BTJ and Keon if we really wanted!!!  Oh well 

... how do you figure?

We would have had to trade above 23 to get BTJ. Which would have been damn near impossible to pull off with no Round 3 Pick and not using a 2nd Round Pick which we'd need to get Keon as well.

Even if we could get a package together that way that would fit the trade value for Pick 22 - we'd then need to put together ANOTHER package to get from 60 to the top of Round 2 to get Coleman. Considering Ja'Lynn Polk went at 37 and Keon Coleman was their first choice and we don't know that LA would have still taken McConkey at 34 if Coleman were still there, we'd probably have to get to the very top where we took him to insure it. And the cost to move from 60 to 33 is even more than moving from 28 to 22. 

To pull that off would be a total fantasy style trade that would require giving up pretty much all of this Draft (as Round 4 and later picks don't move the needle much in terms of value for people moving in Rounds 1 and 2) and multiple picks in the 2025 Draft - including top picks.

Even if we were inclined to do that, which he most assuredly wouldn't, the most important part of these scenarios is finding someone who is willing to move down. Trade up's are always talked about as if once you meet the Trade Value, it's a done deal. The biggest hurdle is getting someone to not just stand pat and take their guy. Which is what teams WAY more often than not just do.

And then even if through some crazy stroke of uncharacteristic actions of Beane and other GM's, we were able to pull this off - we wouldn't have Cole Bishop, DeWayne Carter, Ray Davis, and Sedrick Van Pran-Granger for sure (probably others as well). Plus, whomever we'll end up taking with the myriad of 2025 picks we'd need to use wouldn't be here next year either. And on top of that, with us moving so many picks to get BTJ and Coleman, ain't no way we'd be giving up a 3rd (if we even had one) to acquire Amari Cooper.

All of this to say "we could have" isn't even close to realistic and with the players we'd be giving up to do it, debatably not wise.

Edited by BillsFanForever19
  • Like (+1) 7
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 4

2 hours ago, iwishitwerecolder said:

Is 4th in receiving yards an accomplishment?

just asking for a friend.

• Dislike 1

37 minutes ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

... how do you figure?

We would have had to trade above 23 to get BTJ. Which would have been damn near impossible to pull off with no Round 3 Pick and not using a 2nd Round Pick which we'd need to get Keon as well.

Even if we could get a package together that way that would fit the trade value for Pick 22 - we'd then need to put together ANOTHER package to get from 60 to the top of Round 2 to get Coleman. Considering Ja'Lynn Polk went at 37 and Keon Coleman was their first choice and we don't know that LA would have still taken McConkey at 34 if Coleman were still there, we'd probably have to get to the very top where we took him to insure it. And the cost to move from 60 to 33 is even more than moving from 28 to 22. 

To pull that off would be a total fantasy style trade that would require giving up pretty much all of this Draft (as Round 4 and later picks don't move the needle much in terms of value for people moving in Rounds 1 and 2) and multiple picks in the 2025 Draft - including top picks.

Even if we were inclined to do that, which he most assuredly wouldn't, the most important part of these scenarios is finding someone who is willing to move down. Trade up's are always talked about as if once you meet the Trade Value, it's a done deal. The biggest hurdle is getting someone to not just stand pat and take their guy. Which is what teams WAY more often than not just do.

And then even if through some crazy stroke of uncharacteristic actions of Beane and other GM's, we were able to pull this off - we wouldn't have Cole Bishop, DeWayne Carter, Ray Davis, and Sedrick Van Pran-Granger for sure (probably others as well). Plus, whomever we'll end up taking with the myriad of 2025 picks we'd need to use wouldn't be here next year either. And on top of that, with us moving so many picks to get BTJ and Coleman, ain't no way we'd be giving up a 3rd (if we even had one) to acquire Amari Cooper.

All of this to say "we could have" isn't even close to realistic and with the players we'd be giving up to do it, debatably not wise.

Our boy likes his madden stuff- 

He’s right thought. We could have traded lots of assets to make that happen.  

doesn’t mean it would’ve been worth it.  

I’m happy with the way it worked out now that we got Cooper.  I hope I don’t jinx this, but I really hope we can make Coopers stay in Buffalo longer than this season.  He’s a special player that was never in the right place with the right QB. It took Joe Flacco got the best out of him.  He might be a little past his prime, but I still think he’s a star, who’s light is about to get brighter playing with 17

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Keon has already proved to me that he can be a Tee Higgins level WR2 as he develops…

WR1 ability will depend on his route running and nuance.  And in regards to that, he’s still incredibly raw/young as a WR.  

• Agree 1