Keeping it in perspective, Bills win percentage

zow2

2 hours ago, Sojourner said:

Still relatively early in the season for film and tape on other teams, so there’s that. 

Think of it like boxing, if I have tape on an orthodox fighter and he comes in southpaw all I can do is react until I get to the corner and can have a different, full view, perspective of the fight from the coaches to pick up on any tells or signs the opponent is giving. 

At least the adjustments after half time are of quality where teams are struggling to his changes. It would be nice to have a full game of control, sure. But as long as he’s making amendments to the scheme and game plan that come out in a positive effect for us? Keep at it. 

Good post. I can live with that. My blood pressure in the first half disagrees with me living through it, but ya have to keep the body guessing. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, zow2 said:

Several people are lamenting today that the national sports shows are largely ignoring the Bills win over Tennessee.  We all have to keep in mind, the Bills wins this season are over teams that have a combined winning percentage of around .256.    Obviously had they beaten Baltimore or Houston that would be higher, but .256 is not going to move the needle for most media.  The Bills have a reputation of putting up good stats against the Tennessee's of the world.

I actually don't mind if Buffalo skates into the playoffs this year by feasting on the mediocre to bad teams.   If they lose to Balt, Hous, KC I can live with that since Buffalo would have the revenge payback all lined up for the playoff games.  McDermott is great in revenge games and i want to have that chip in the playoffs. 

We should have beat Houston, we self inflicted that one.  Ravens were just one of those games where we came out flat in a hostile environment in what was almost a must win situation for the Ravens.  Our injuries on Defense didn't help either, but the whole team was just flat that game.  

I think we would beat both in a rematch.  But Bills won't be taken seriously until we notch impressive wins against quality opponents.  

• Agree 1

Really don’t care about media narratives because they’re absolutely irrelevant to teams’ success. It is troubling that Bills 2 losses are to contending teams while beating up on 5 bad teams. This week’s game will be interesting. I don’t think Seattle is a contender but they’d be the best team so far in the win column if Bills can come out on top. It won’t be as easy as some think. 

• Agree 1

Wow, Mahomes and Rodgers have a combined 16 passing TDs and a combined 15 INTs, so they are +1 overall - LOL.

Josh, meanwhile, has 12 passing TDs and no INTs so +12 overall.  

Not sure ESPN, CBS or NFL Network will ever mention this in a broadcast, yet alone on a podcast.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

I don’t need, or even want,  attention now. Just keep getting better. I think adding Cooper changes my picture of the Bills, but it’s not going to happen overnight. Keep growing and improving and stay relatively healthy, then we have a chance. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Meatloaf63 said:

You mean the guy who leads the team in tackles and is second in TFL’s?

Yes, the guy that opposing O-coordinators have been openly attacking and frequently abusing for the last month and who still hasn't managed to defend a single pass this year.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Simon said:

Yes, the guy that opposing O-coordinators have been openly attacking and frequently abusing for the last month and who still hasn't defended a single pass this year.

Not a stat that means much, Hamlin leads the team with 5 and Hamlin isn’t even average. Hamlin has two interceptions which you think would be good, but both were because he was out of position arriving late to the play. 

12 minutes ago, Simon said:

Yes, the guy that opposing O-coordinators have been openly attacking and frequently abusing for the last month and who still hasn't managed to defend a single pass this year.

That is fair. He’s been pretty rough in coverage. 

7 minutes ago, Meatloaf63 said:

Not a stat that means much, Hamlin leads the team with 5 and Hamlin isn’t even average. Hamlin has two interceptions which you think would be good, but both were because he was out of position arriving late to the play. 

Hamlin is a SS freelancing as the free due to lack of quality at the safety position overall. Rapp is the natural strong but there’s an ebb and flow to rotation in McD’s scheme. 

Would be nice if we had a legit ball hawk but we can’t have it all I guess. 

• Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, Meatloaf63 said:

Not a stat that means much

It means a lot when teams are repeatedly picking up first downs against you personally and you can't do anything about it.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Simon said:

He doesn't have to be a huge difference maker.

He just has to not be Dorian WIlliams.

Lots of folks think Milano is washed.  A leg break and torn pec seem like 2 injuries he can recover from pretty well.

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

Lots of folks think Milano is washed.  A leg break and torn pec seem like 2 injuries he can recover from pretty well.

imo, that sumbitch isn't washed until pieces of him actually start falling off.

We may never get him for a 12 game stretch ever again, but if he's on the field, I think he'll be effective.

If he starts popping ligaments and tendons below the waist, then we'll have something to worry about.

• Awesome! (+1) 2

3 hours ago, Simon said:

It means a lot when teams are repeatedly picking up first downs against you personally and you can't do anything about it.

Could be, I will say I’m amazed at what some of you guys pick up watching a game. I have to rewatch and pause to see the intricacies of the plays.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, ColoradoBills said:

I’m more worried about him mentally. I don’t like the look on his face every time they show him on the sidelines. 

Coming back from two major injuries to get back to an All-Pro level is only for the toughest of the tough. 

3 hours ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

I would rather play weak teams. Stack a lot of wins and stay healthy. This team is playoff tested, and will be ready to play the big boys come playoff time.

We’ve proven everything there is to prove in the regular season. 

• Agree 2

7 hours ago, zow2 said:

Several people are lamenting today that the national sports shows are largely ignoring the Bills win over Tennessee.  We all have to keep in mind, the Bills wins this season are over teams that have a combined winning percentage of around .256.    Obviously had they beaten Baltimore or Houston that would be higher, but .256 is not going to move the needle for most media.  The Bills have a reputation of putting up good stats against the Tennessee's of the world.

I actually don't mind if Buffalo skates into the playoffs this year by feasting on the mediocre to bad teams.   If they lose to Balt, Hous, KC I can live with that since Buffalo would have the revenge payback all lined up for the playoff games.  McDermott is great in revenge games and i want to have that chip in the playoffs. 

McDermott is the weak link on this team.

i’ve stated that many times, in many threads.

he’s been great for this team, but he’s taken them as far as he can, and the team has taken him as far as they can.

time to go their separate ways.

Edited by Savage
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Sad 1