Week 8 - Bills at Seahawks Game Week Thread

BillsFan619

4 hours ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

Re the Ravens game, I would still argue that that game would have been totally different but for the terrible trick play. 21-10, and we are driving really well. We get a TD there instead of a fumble, and it is a tight one. 

Agree!

1 hour ago, Logic said:

Thanks for this.

I live in Portland, which has its share of problems similar to those in Seattle, and unfortunately, that's ALL you hear about -- and more often than not from people who have never stepped foot in the city and are only parroting what they've heard on TV.

I won't pretend that Portland, and Seattle, and several other west coast cities, don't have major issues with homelessness and petty theft and things like that. But ALL cities have problems -- Buffalo and Rochester are not exempt -- and all cities also have wonderful aspects that make them worth visiting or residing in.

Seattle, despite its issues, is a beautiful city with great food and drink, great coffee and legal cannabis, kind people, a thriving arts and music scene, and filled with and surrounded by gorgeous nature. Anyone who exclusively talks smack about Seattle (or any city) without also mentioning its virtues -- PARTICULARLY if they've never been there and are just parroting TV talking points -- irritates me. 

Sorry. Rant over. Thank you for saying what you did. 

I was in Portland for nearly 20 years. Everything you said is accurate!!!

• Like (+1) 2

I don’t like this one, I’ve been watching a few Hawks games.  Geno is not the Oh-Gee-Nooo! or GeNo for short, that he used to be.   When he’s allowed to work on script he’ll pick you apart, you have to move him.   Walker is the real concern, he could destroy the Bills.  I basically view their team as a whole as Baltimore Light/ Baltimore West.  They aren’t as talented at QB/RB, but they do have a couple more weapons and that D is pretty nasty.  I think this one will be a dog fight or quite possibly another Bills whoopin if they fail to show up in the first half AGAIN.

58 minutes ago, Logic said:

Thanks for this.

I live in Portland, which has its share of problems similar to those in Seattle, and unfortunately, that's ALL you hear about -- and more often than not from people who have never stepped foot in the city and are only parroting what they've heard on TV.

I won't pretend that Portland, and Seattle, and several other west coast cities, don't have major issues with homelessness and petty theft and things like that. But ALL cities have problems -- Buffalo and Rochester are not exempt -- and all cities also have wonderful aspects that make them worth visiting or residing in.

Seattle, despite its issues, is a beautiful city with great food and drink, great coffee and legal cannabis, kind people, a thriving arts and music scene, and filled with and surrounded by gorgeous nature. Anyone who exclusively talks smack about Seattle (or any city) without also mentioning its virtues -- PARTICULARLY if they've never been there and are just parroting TV talking points -- irritates me. 

Agree!

I visited Bogota many years ago and Colombian friends there complained about how Colombia was unfairly portrayed in the America media as the cocaine and kidnap capital of the world and all that.  They insisted that Bogota was very safe with very little coke (which all went to the States) and little FARC/rebel/terrorist activity.    

One day we were getting ready to visit a 17th century shrine on Monserrate, a mountain on the very edge of the city.  They warned me it could be cold and windy on top of the mountain and suggested I wear a jacket.  So I dug my leather jacket out of my luggage and put it on.

"You can't wear that!"  they insisted wide eyed.

"You told me to wear a jacket," I responded, confused.

"Not a leather jacket.  Someone will steal it!"

"What are they going to do, rip it off of my back?  You told me Bogota was safe."

"No city is safe when you're stupid!"  

I wore it anyway and survived the day.  

I love Portland, too, btw.  The Columbia Gorge, Powell's Books, Washington Park, Forest Park, Voodoo Donuts, the original Salt & Straw, food cart pods, lots of good brick-and-mortar restaurants...  "Keep Portland Weird!"

• Awesome! (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Logic said:

Thanks for this.

I don't want to get too off topic or make this a PPP thread but the same thing around me. Yes, there are parts of Philadelphia that I would not recommend you walk in at 3 AM with a few grand in your pocket. I could say the same about any city in the nation, but there is a narrative that it's a new circle of hell. It's the narrative that's the difference not the cities for the most part.

My parents moved to the burbs a few years ago talking about how out of control crime in North Buffalo was getting and I had to bite my tongue remembering my childhood that included extensive contact with the unhoused, public intoxication, burglary and someone being shot where there is now an ETS.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

28 minutes ago, DCofNC said:

I don’t like this one, I’ve been watching a few Hawks games.  Geno is not the Oh-Gee-Nooo! or GeNo for short, that he used to be.   When he’s allowed to work on script he’ll pick you apart, you have to move him.   Walker is the real concern, he could destroy the Bills.  I basically view their team as a whole as Baltimore Light/ Baltimore West.  They aren’t as talented at QB/RB, but they do have a couple more weapons and that D is pretty nasty.  I think this one will be a dog fight or quite possibly another Bills whoopin if they fail to show up in the first half AGAIN.

I don't see it that way. Hags are #1 passing team and near bottom in rushing. Very different schemes and feel from Baltimore. 

Their D is nowhere near Baltimore, against some weak offenses. 

Also Geno is still one of the most sacked QBs in the NFL. Baltimore and Buff are one of the better. Geno has been sacked a lot at home too. 

I don't think they will be an easy out but we match up pretty well w Seattle, especially given Metcalf absence. 

I guess Walker worries me, he's a good back. But we do our thing, we'll be fine. 

• Like (+1) 1

29 minutes ago, smuvtalker said:

Let me go ahead and put it out there, I never wish for player injuries, or for anyone to get hurt, but I am NOT mad DK Metcalf won't be playing Sunday!  I'm sorry, but dude is a MAN...like freak of nature. May he happily rest up and heal, along the sidelilne.  😁

Do we know for sure that his is out Sunday?

27 minutes ago, RichRiderBills said:

I don't see it that way. Hags are #1 passing team and near bottom in rushing. Very different schemes and feel from Baltimore. 

Their D is nowhere near Baltimore, against some weak offenses. 

Also Geno is still one of the most sacked QBs in the NFL. Baltimore and Buff are one of the better. Geno has been sacked a lot at home too. 

I don't think they will be an easy out but we match up pretty well w Seattle, especially given Metcalf absence. 

I guess Walker worries me, he's a good back. But we do our thing, we'll be fine. 

Seems pretty impressive to be missing two corners and on their third string rookie DII right tackle making his first start and go win at atlanta.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, DCofNC said:

The Bills team from the BAL game to now is different which I have to keep reminding myself of. Between the team being far healthier and Cooper coming which evolves the offense tenfold I can't compare what we saw then to now. Don't disagree that Seattle is a tough matchup and probably their hardest until KC, but the circumstances are also different too. Seattle is just a tough place to play though and that team has a ton of pride where even if Buffalo gets up early its going 4 quarters.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Peace Frog said:

I live in Camas; Howdy, neighbor. I'm taking the Amtrak from Vancouver to Seattle to attend the game.

Vancouver, WA here (Salmon Creek). 

I planned on going to this game with my wife and son, but tickets were a little too pricey for me. We would need 3 of them and they were $300+ per seat at the time I was looking.:: and we are talking about some of the least desirable seats in the stadium.

So… I don’t know… Might just watch the game at the Portland Bills Backer bar (pretty sure you know of it) but I haven’t completely counted it out just yet; I hear there are great deals on game day, so I’ll keep looking out. 

Anyway, we did attend SoFi last season for the surprisingly tense Chargers vs Bills game. SoFi is pretty funny in that everyone around me was a Bills fan and the vast majority of the crowd was also pro-Bills. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

4 hours ago, hondo in seattle said:

Yes, the city of Seattle has gone downhill as some posters have noted.  But it still remains one of my favorite cities in America.  We used to live there and, yes, we've been there recently (wifey just last week) since two of our kids live in WA and we still have friends there.

If you love Mother Nature and outdoor activities, the Olympic Mountains to the west and the Cascades to the East are both visible from Seattle.  There are millions of acres of amazing forested land within an hour or two of Seattle as well as scenic bodies of water and beautiful islands.  If you love culture, Seattle itself has a lot going on and it's one of the country's great foodie cities.  

I hope the out-of-towners going to the game enjoy exploring a wonderful place.  

Disclaimer:  I don't work for the Seattle Tourist Board but I did once wear a Seahawk jersey - embarrassingly after losing a bet.  

On the train right now from Seattle to Portland.

• Like (+1) 1

How does this sound for a play this weekend -  The Bills should call a fake audible in the red zone, where Cooper once again looks to Keon but this time pretending he doesn’t know the play call.  Have Keon point a certain way as though “that” is the route, enough so that the defense sees, but in reality Cooper breaks the route another way.  Like it?

• Like (+1) 1

54 minutes ago, strive_for_five_guy said:

How does this sound for a play this weekend -  The Bills should call a fake audible in the red zone, where Cooper once again looks to Keon but this time pretending he doesn’t know the play call.  Have Keon point a certain way as though “that” is the route, enough so that the defense sees, but in reality Cooper breaks the route another way.  Like it?

At first I was like "No way not a trick play". Then I was like "Ok, I could see what you're saying" lol