Week 8 - Bills at Seahawks Game Week Thread

BillsFan619

1 hour ago, BearNorth said:

After seeing the Dirty Birds give up a bunch a points last night, hoping our lads get back to some consistency.  Ravens have played 7 games.  Bills scored 10, rest of league has averaged 28.3.  Hopefully McD is having that discussion with Coach Brady this morning.

Re the Ravens game, I would still argue that that game would have been totally different but for the terrible trick play. 21-10, and we are driving really well. We get a TD there instead of a fumble, and it is a tight one. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 4

14 hours ago, Foz said:

That was me until this game. I don't think I've missed a Bills game in Seattle since I was a kid.

My dad is a huge Seahawks fan and we had seasons for 14 years. We made the three and a half hour drive faithfully. The covid year (and the one after) basically wrecked the experience for us and we haven't been to a game there since. As others have said, the city has gone downhill too. It's quite sad as it used to be one of our favorite times. We still go that direction a few times a year, but now it's solely to spend time with family in Bothell, which is where we'll be this weekend.

I have yet to attend a Bills game in Buffalo, but as other fan bases go, the Hawks have to be right up there for the last 20 years or so of rabid support. Not sure if they still do it, but I remember the stadium would show the number of false start penalties the fans helped create (they were usually top two if I recall correctly). We'll have to be ready for that for sure. 

Curious - how did you become a Bills fan living in Seattle with your Dad a huge Seahawk fan

Seattle is a decent team at 4-3, but they did lose to the Giants at home. That doesn't mean the Bills will win but this game is very winnable. The Bills just need to start the game in the 1st quarter not the 2nd quarter like they did last Sunday.

2 hours ago, BearNorth said:

After seeing the Dirty Birds give up a bunch a points last night, hoping our lads get back to some consistency.  Ravens have played 7 games.  Bills scored 10, rest of league has averaged 28.3.  Hopefully McD is having that discussion with Coach Brady this morning.

Why would McDermott be having a discussion about a game that happened 3 weeks ago, this morning when Brady (and McDermott/Babich) should be "all hands on deck" putting together a game plan for the SeaSnakes?

That's not how the NFL works.

• Like (+1) 1

58 minutes ago, stevewin said:

Curious - how did you become a Bills fan living in Seattle with your Dad a huge Seahawk fan

My cousin is the flip side to this. Born and raised in WNY, most everyone around him a big Bills fan, but he roots for the Seahawks.

His reason?

"I really liked Shaun Alexander" 😂

5 minutes ago, boco357 said:

Seattle coach is former Ravens D coordinator so interested to see what has plans for the Bills.

This is the conclusion to the tour right?  Dennard Wilson (Titans DC),  Anthony Weaver (Dolphins DC),  Ravens DC all with Ravens last year.  Thats the 4 coaches they lost in a very short span.  

If the Bills can avoid the whole "start slower than molasses and spot the opponents 10 to 14 points" nonsense, they have a great shot at winning.

Make no mistake, Seattle is a tough place to play, the Seattle running game is no joke, and Geno Smith has been playing well. This is no gimme. Very winnable, though.

I'd love to see the Bills lean back into the "running the offense through Josh Allen" strategy that they employed in the second half against the Titans. Keep running the ball, yes, but remember that Josh Allen is your quarterback, and gameplan and play accordingly.

Yes, the city of Seattle has gone downhill as some posters have noted.  But it still remains one of my favorite cities in America.  We used to live there and, yes, we've been there recently (wifey just last week) since two of our kids live in WA and we still have friends there.

If you love Mother Nature and outdoor activities, the Olympic Mountains to the west and the Cascades to the East are both visible from Seattle.  There are millions of acres of amazing forested land within an hour or two of Seattle as well as scenic bodies of water and beautiful islands.  If you love culture, Seattle itself has a lot going on and it's one of the country's great foodie cities.  

I hope the out-of-towners going to the game enjoy exploring a wonderful place.  

Disclaimer:  I don't work for the Seattle Tourist Board but I did once wear a Seahawk jersey - embarrassingly after losing a bet.