Week 8 - Bills at Seahawks Game Week Thread

BillsFan619

The Seahawks are 4-3 and leading their division so they will certainly draw the Bills’ attention.  But thinking they are a team to be “feared” is BBFS at its finest.  They squeaked by Bo Nix in his first start, beat the hapless Pats on a late FG, and defeated Miami in their first game without Tua.  They then LOST to the Giants (who are perhaps the 2nd worst team in football).  SF abused them, and the Lions beat them by double digits.  So they won in Atlanta yesterday?  Good for them.  Atlanta is another overrated team.

The Bills do one thing better than anyone in the league since 2020.  They win the games they are supposed to win, and they usually do it comfortably.

No games in the NFL are “easy” and you can say all you want about McDermott, but his teams rarely lose when they’re not supposed to.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

8 hours ago, sullim4 said:

I will be there... my once-in-eight-year opportunity to see the Bills with just a half hour's drive versus a cross-country flight.

Don't underestimate the Seahawks.  They are not a great team but they aren't incompetent like the Jets and Seattle is a tough place to play.  For some reason I have a bad feeling about this game, maybe it is BBFS kicking in I dunno.

That was me until this game. I don't think I've missed a Bills game in Seattle since I was a kid.

My dad is a huge Seahawks fan and we had seasons for 14 years. We made the three and a half hour drive faithfully. The covid year (and the one after) basically wrecked the experience for us and we haven't been to a game there since. As others have said, the city has gone downhill too. It's quite sad as it used to be one of our favorite times. We still go that direction a few times a year, but now it's solely to spend time with family in Bothell, which is where we'll be this weekend.

I have yet to attend a Bills game in Buffalo, but as other fan bases go, the Hawks have to be right up there for the last 20 years or so of rabid support. Not sure if they still do it, but I remember the stadium would show the number of false start penalties the fans helped create (they were usually top two if I recall correctly). We'll have to be ready for that for sure. 

5 minutes ago, Foz said:

My dad is a huge Seahawks fan and we had seasons for 14 years. We made the three and a half hour drive faithfully. The covid year (and the one after) basically wrecked the experience for us and we haven't been to a game there since. As others have said, the city has gone downhill too. It's quite sad as it used to be one of our favorite times. We still go that direction a few times a year, but now it's solely to spend time with family in Bothell, which is where we'll be this weekend.

There is truth to this.  My wife and I live in Woodinville (actually, unincorporated King County).  We do not visit Seattle unless we have to.  It was so bad at one point that judges were throwing a fit because jurors showing up for jury duty didn't feel safe enough to walk outside the courthouse.  I think the last time we were there was for Book of Mormon at the Paramount in January... which honestly wasn't too bad as it was unseasonably cold and kept the riff raff out.

Generally speaking, when I do go, I try to avoid Pioneer Square, the area around city hall and the King County courthouse, and 3rd Avenue (which is the main north-south route that busses use).  If anyone traveling here wants to get a taste of the area and is outdoorsy, I'd highly suggest doing something like hiking as opposed to touring the city.  The area around Issaquah has some excellent trails that are easily accessible from I-90.  Poo Poo Point and the West Tiger trails have some excellent views of the area.

If anyone visiting is in to wine tasting, Woodinville has over 100 tasting rooms with some excellent options.  Would highly recommend Delille (including their restaurant), Mark Ryan, Fidelitas, Love that Red, and Adrice, amongst others.  My wife and I are pretty into the wine scene here; we recently got our WSET level II award from a local provider.  I'd be happy to give specific recommendations to anyone of similar mind :).

1 hour ago, gtw3 said:

The Mt. Rushmore of Seattle bands...  people are passionate about "their" band, between the 4 big ones.  But most all of the remaining members of Alice, Pearl Jam and Nirvana have at one point credited Soundgarden with paving the way for their collective success. 

For those going to the game, the Museum of Pop Culture is pretty cool and has a large section devoted to the local music scene, past and present. 

Thats not really true but what is true is at one point everyone called Alice In Chains "Kindergarden" because they went from being a hair metal glam band to a more rock band in the mold of soundgarden.   Then they found their own way.

what is true is that Mother Love Bone and Soundgarden were tight because Chris  and Andy were roomates and across the street lived shawn smith who went on to form Brad with Stone and made a whole bunch of great records. It is beyond painful that none of these three great songwriters/singers are alive.

Also I always viewed it as the Big Five because I include The Screaming Trees in the conversation.  Plus Tad made two great records in that moment in time.

anyway Go Bills.

Edited by MikePJ76

2 minutes ago, MikePJ76 said:

Thats not really true but what is true is at one point everyone called Alice In Chains "Kindergarden" because they went from being a hair metal glam band to a more rock band in the mold of soundgarden.   Then they found their own way.

what is true is that Mother Love Bone and Soundgarden were tight because Chris  and Andy were roomates and across the street lived shawn smith who went on to form Brad with Stone and made a whole bunch of great records. It is beyond painful that none of these three great songwriters/singers are alive.

Also I always viewed it as the Big Five because I include The Screaming Trees in the conversation.  Plus Tad made two great records in that moment in time.

anyway Go Bills.

I had no idea Chris Collinsworth and Andy Reid were roommates in Seattle at one point!

• Eyeroll 1

7 hours ago, Dick_Cheney said:

Also worth mentioning that Vindicktive on 1st Ave has the best wings in the city, if it hasn't already been said.

Yes, Vindicktive has amazing wings and it's a Bills bar, the owners are brothers from Buffalo. I've had other bar owners who also do wings, tell me Vindicktive's wings are better. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

• Simon pinned this topic

I haven’t read this whole thread, but does anyone remember what happened the last time the bills came to Seattle? It was 2017 I think. I was at the game. It was one of the most poorly officiated games I can remember.

• Like (+1) 2

6 hours ago, LABILLBACKER said:

Terrell will suit up and Curtis won't. Not a difficult prediction. 

Bernard could play this week or miss the rest of the season from what the Twitter doctors have been speculating.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Zag20 said:

I haven’t read this whole thread, but does anyone remember what happened the last time the bills came to Seattle? It was 2017 I think. I was at the game. It was one of the most poorly officiated games I can remember.

It was 2016. Dan Carpenter got harpooned and Woods was held in the end zone on the final play. I kicked the seat in front of me when there was no flag and we lost. Dummy Hawks fan still had a full tall can and it flew in the air and rained beer over the section. 

Edited by Jamie Nails
  • Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Jamie Nails said:

It was 2016. Dan Carpenter got harpooned and Woods was held in the end zone on the final play. I kicked the seat in front of me when there was no flag and we lost. Dummy Hawks fan still had a full tall can and it flew in the air and rained beer over the section. 

Yes, Richard Sherman was offside on the FG attempt but no whistle was blown, so he played through it, swatted the ball and then blasted Carpenter in the knee. The officials then called only a 5 yard penalty and announced that Carpenter would have to be taken off the field for one play because his injury caused a 4th time out. The Bills then tried to spike the ball to then bring Carpenter back onto the field to kick the field goal, but then they got called for a delay of game after he attempted to re-enter the game, he hit the field goal, but it was ruled to have been after the play Clock had expired so they had to kick it again, and then he missed it. At the end of the game, Richard Sherman, the offender on the field goal play, completely tackled, Robert Woods on a pass play, but it was apparently legal because the quarterback was out of the pocket. This was a rule I had never heard of up to that point, and have never heard of since.

Edited by Zag20
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Vomit 1
  • Shocked 1

14 hours ago, sullim4 said:

I will be there... my once-in-eight-year opportunity to see the Bills with just a half hour's drive versus a cross-country flight.

Don't underestimate the Seahawks.  They are not a great team but they aren't incompetent like the Jets and Seattle is a tough place to play.  For some reason I have a bad feeling about this game, maybe it is BBFS kicking in I dunno.

Every single week people "have a bad feeling about this one."  Sometimes they are right but we are 5-2 so most of the time they are wrong.

• Haha (+1) 1