Week 8 - Bills at Seahawks Game Week Thread

BillsFan619

Seattle is going to be a tough game IMO. 

I have a ton of respect for Geno Smith overcoming the odds and turning into a solid starting QB.

JETS are the NFLs QB Farm team:

Darnold - Starter and solid

Geno - Starter and solid

Wilson - Next?

Edited by Real McClappy
  • Agree 2
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

45 minutes ago, Mighty Taco said:

I’m flying up from Los Angeles on Saturday.  Where should we go Saturday night and Sunday  before the game?

Go Bills!

Art Marble on Saturday night. It’s out by Lake Union. It’s not the greatest bar in town, but it’s been the backers bar for a long time and it’s worth supporting. Food’s not bad and they have good taps.

Edited by MiltonWaddams
  • Agree 1

The Bills are going to Seattle and I just want everyone here to know, 

I don't mind stealin' bread from the mouths of decadents......

I am going to light a fire in the pit saturday night after Game 2 and enjoy a cigar and Temple of the Dog, Pearl Jam and Soundgarden.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, ALLinALLEN said:

I'll be at this one....never been to Seattle...heard it rains alot. Excited to visit

It’s a fantastic city. Although, the downtown has fallen to the same ills as so many other cities in the country. A plethora of homeless and drug addicted people. If you are keen to get out a little bit, but only a 15 minute Uber, head over to Fremont and to Ballard across the canal. The main street of Ballard is super nice with some great pubs and restaurants and nice shops.

• Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, MiltonWaddams said:

Art Marble on Saturday night. It’s out by Lake Union. It’s not the greatest bar in town, but it’s been the backers bar for a long time and it’s worth supporting. Food’s not bad and they have good taps.

How is the traffic?  I am still up in the air about renting a car for Ranier and Rattlesnake Ledge.  

2 minutes ago, MiltonWaddams said:

It’s a fantastic city. Although, the downtown has fallen to the same ills as so many other cities in the country. A plethora of homeless and drug addicted people. If you are keen to get out a little bit, but only a 15 minute Uber, head over to Fremont and to Ballard across the canal. The main street of Ballard is super nice with some great pubs and restaurants and nice shops.

Any specific suggestions?

This is the first time the Bills have played in Seattle since I moved here and as much as I'd love to attend since I've never even been to a Bills game, I just can't justify how expensive it'd be for me to go and buy anything other than a nosebleed seat. Didn't entirely realize how pricey going to an NFL game was in the year 2024.

4 minutes ago, Dick_Cheney said:

This is the first time the Bills have played in Seattle since I moved here and as much as I'd love to attend since I've never even been to a Bills game, I just can't justify how expensive it'd be for me to go and buy anything other than a nosebleed seat. Didn't entirely realize how pricey going to an NFL game was in the year 2024.

I have sat in the second row from the top at the stadium, albeit at the 50 yard line, and can tell you that it is still a fantastic view. If the forecast holds and the rain comes through on the weekend, the nosebleeds will actually be the best seats in the house. 

Edited by MiltonWaddams
  • Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, MiltonWaddams said:

Ballard is not the best anymore either.

I’ll be at the game as well! Hope to see lots of the Mafia at the game!! 

2 minutes ago, MiltonWaddams said:

Restaurant-The Ballard Cut if you’re up for a bit of a splurge.

Pubs-Macleod’s for a traditional Scottish pub. Reuben’s Brews if you are a beer aficionado.

Personally I think that Ballard is the nicest part of the city these days. It's not always the easiest to get to, but that works in its favor sometimes. If anyone ends up in the area, I'd rec Hattie's for a dive bar and The Matador for mexican food/steaks. You can't go wrong with anything on Ballard Ave though, not to mention any of the actual breweries.

If anyone wants some recs more dependent on where they're gonna be staying, give a shout and I'll see what I can see. Seattle can be a weird place to travel around once you get outside of downtown, so I wouldn't want to give recs that are way out of the way for you.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Mighty Taco said:

I’m flying up from Los Angeles on Saturday.  Where should we go Saturday night and Sunday  before the game?

Go Bills!

Have you been to Seattle before?  Pike Place Market is great. Bainbridge island is a nice walk.  There is a underground tour that takes you beneath the city that is cool. 

Ivar's is a good cheap local place for seafood. 

5 minutes ago, MiltonWaddams said:

I have sat in the second row from the top at the stadium, albeit at the 50 yard line, and can tell you that it is still a fantastic view. If the forecast holds and the rain comes through on the weekend, the nosebleeds will actually be the best seats in the house. 

Good to know, I'll keep an eye on prices and see how spontaneous I'm feeling.