Week 8 - Bills at Seahawks Game Week Thread

BillsFan619

23 hours ago, Logic said:

Thanks for this.

I live in Portland, which has its share of problems similar to those in Seattle, and unfortunately, that's ALL you hear about -- and more often than not from people who have never stepped foot in the city and are only parroting what they've heard on TV.

I won't pretend that Portland, and Seattle, and several other west coast cities, don't have major issues with homelessness and petty theft and things like that. But ALL cities have problems -- Buffalo and Rochester are not exempt -- and all cities also have wonderful aspects that make them worth visiting or residing in.

Seattle, despite its issues, is a beautiful city with great food and drink, great coffee and legal cannabis, kind people, a thriving arts and music scene, and filled with and surrounded by gorgeous nature. Anyone who exclusively talks smack about Seattle (or any city) without also mentioning its virtues -- PARTICULARLY if they've never been there and are just parroting TV talking points -- irritates me. 

Sorry. Rant over. Thank you for saying what you did. 

I've been to Portland once for work.  It was a nice city, I didn't see as much homeless as I would see on social media.

One thing I will always remember.  There was a naked crazy guy screaming on the crosswalk at cars.  If that happened in Atlanta, people would be like "WTF" and not get anywhere near the guy....they would be scared.  The people in Portland didn't even acknowledge it (except the cars because he was blocking traffic). They were just walking by him like it was normal.  Didn't look at him, didn't stare like I was....just casually walked by him carrying on with their day.  

• Haha (+1) 3

3 hours ago, MikePJ76 said:

https://sports.mynorthwest.com/1787616/buffalo-bills-week-8-seattle-seahawks-opponent/

Sounds like the Bills are just OK and not very good from this breakdown.

https://sports.mynorthwest.com/1787626/seattle-seahawks-byron-murphy-ii-block-destruction-hard-to-find/

and this points out that murphy is unblockable and they have not lost when he plays yet.

Tom Grossi had Seattle above us in his power ranking but all his logic for seattle (and Steelers too) would be very applicable to us.  Just weird how were forgotten.  I know we havent beaten "anyone" but still we have shown a lot.  Also Miami week 2 was still somebody.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

Mike, I hear you.

However, and again I believe the Bills are going to win, but the Bills next winning against a winning team this year will be their first win against a winning team.  

This is on the road in a tough place to play against a division leader.  Keep stacking wins by getting this one.

Miami week 2 was a winning team?  or do you mean a team that has a winning record at this current moment or something.  Cause Arizona could easily move into that category in 2 weeks.

11 minutes ago, 416BillsFan said:

Ernest Jones was just traded to Seattle. If he plays that's 2 weeks in a row he'll face the Bills. That couldn't have happened too often in season.

we played matt barkley 3 times in one season after he started the season on our roster. :D 

21 minutes ago, 416BillsFan said:

Ernest Jones was just traded to Seattle. If he plays that's 2 weeks in a row he'll face the Bills. That couldn't have happened too often in season.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/nfl-linebacker-swap-seahawks-trade-jerome-baker-fourth-round-pick-to-titans-for-ernest-jones-iv-per-report/?fbclid=IwZXh0bgNhZW0CMTEAAR0jqfe3z7KolKVcFSU5YZUUhbcHx5v1klma2m-Ud0SkYatV03jQD_uCn7U_aem_Hmk20NgkAeK8AhsbP434oQ

looks like Jerome Baker and a 4th for Jones

On 10/21/2024 at 12:40 PM, WNYFAN1 said:

Record of teams SEA has beaten 11-16

Record of teams BUF has beaten 9-23

This isn't going to get much better for Buffalo either. Buffalo's opponents the rest of the year are 30-36. We will go 11-6 if we drop every game against teams with a winning record. 

@ Seattle (4-3)
Miami (2-4)
@Indy (4-3)
KC (6-0)

SF (3-4)
@LAR (2-4)
@DET (5-1)

NE (1-6)
NYJ (2-5)

@NE (1-6)

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I've been to Portland once for work.  It was a nice city, I didn't see as much homeless as I would see on social media.

One thing I will always remember.  There was a naked crazy guy screaming on the crosswalk at cars.  If that happened in Atlanta, people would be like "WTF" and not get anywhere near the guy....they would be scared.  The people in Portland didn't even acknowledge it (except the cars because he was blocking traffic). They were just walking by him like it was normal.  Didn't look at him, didn't stare like I was....just casually walked by him carrying on with their day.  

It sounds lovely.

39 minutes ago, Mango said:

This isn't going to get much better for Buffalo either. Buffalo's opponents the rest of the year are 30-36. We will go 11-6 if we drop every game against teams with a winning record. 

@ Seattle (4-3)
Miami (2-4)
@Indy (4-3)
KC (6-0)

SF (3-4)
@LAR (2-4)
@DET (5-1)

NE (1-6)
NYJ (2-5)

@NE (1-6)

11-6 is pretty darn good. What's wrong with that?

• Like (+1) 4

1 hour ago, dave mcbride said:

5 solo tackles, 1 pass defensed, and 1 QB hit last week vs. the Bills. 

And he popped off to Josh on Josh’s attempted QB sneak, something to the effect of Josh can’t score on jinx.  Was on the micd up

• Haha (+1) 1

33 minutes ago, MJS said:

It sounds lovely.

11-6 is pretty darn good. What's wrong with that?

I am not complaining about it. The conversation was about people saying "well who did the Bills beat?" My response was along the lines of "That won't change much, the Bills remaining schedule is pretty easy" (at the moment). 

To your point, and getting in the weeds a bit, I would be a bit concerned about us in the playoffs basically trouncing the bad teams and all of our loses were like our first two. An 11/12 win season is great, but in the context of the goal for a team like Buffalo, reaching 11/12 wins but getting worked by every team with a winning record would be bad and a reasonable talking point amongst fans and pundits. 

We aren't there yet, so it isn't a big deal. But I think we have to make sure we also start beating winning teams too. 

Edited by Mango
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, Mango said:

I am not complaining about it. The conversation was about people saying "well who did the Bills beat?" My response was along the lines of "That won't change much, the Bills remaining schedule is pretty easy" (at the moment). 

To your point, and getting in the weeds a bit, I would be a bit concerned about us in the playoffs basically trouncing the bad teams and all of our loses were like our first two. An 11/12 win season is great, but in the context of the goal for a team like Buffalo, 11/12 wins but getting worked by every team with a winning record would be bad and a reasonable talking point amongst fans and pundits. 

We got worked by Houston?  But yes agree with your sentiments.  We played "only" two good teams and lost both (would argue Miami was good when we played them). 

3 minutes ago, Mango said:

To your point, and getting in the weeds a bit, I would be a bit concerned about us in the playoffs basically trouncing the bad teams and all of our loses were like our first two. An 11/12 win season is great, but in the context of the goal for a team like Buffalo, reaching 11/12 wins but getting worked by every team with a winning record would be bad and a reasonable talking point amongst fans and pundits. 

We aren't there yet, so it isn't a big deal. But I think we have to make sure we also start beating winning teams too. 

I can see that, but in a mini rebuild year and clearing Stef Diggs dead money, that would still be an impressive season, to me at least.

Just get to the playoffs and go on a run. Worse teams have done that and made it to the superbowl.

• Like (+1) 3

1 hour ago, Mango said:

@ Seattle (4-3)
Miami (2-4)
@Indy (4-3)
KC (6-0)

SF (3-4)
@LAR (2-4)
@DET (5-1)

NE (1-6)
NYJ (2-5)

@NE (1-6)

Detroit is the only game that worries me on that list. KC? We beat them at their place in the Regular season.  We just need a damn good plan against that Defense.

• Agree 1