Week 8 - Bills at Seahawks Game Week Thread

BillsFan619

17 hours ago, Logic said:

Thanks for this.

I live in Portland, which has its share of problems similar to those in Seattle, and unfortunately, that's ALL you hear about -- and more often than not from people who have never stepped foot in the city and are only parroting what they've heard on TV.

I won't pretend that Portland, and Seattle, and several other west coast cities, don't have major issues with homelessness and petty theft and things like that. But ALL cities have problems -- Buffalo and Rochester are not exempt -- and all cities also have wonderful aspects that make them worth visiting or residing in.

Seattle, despite its issues, is a beautiful city with great food and drink, great coffee and legal cannabis, kind people, a thriving arts and music scene, and filled with and surrounded by gorgeous nature. Anyone who exclusively talks smack about Seattle (or any city) without also mentioning its virtues -- PARTICULARLY if they've never been there and are just parroting TV talking points -- irritates me. 

Sorry. Rant over. Thank you for saying what you did. 

Where do you live in Portland?

62-9 Bills

• Haha (+1) 1

20 hours ago, Logic said:

Thanks for this.

I live in Portland, which has its share of problems similar to those in Seattle, and unfortunately, that's ALL you hear about -- and more often than not from people who have never stepped foot in the city and are only parroting what they've heard on TV.

I won't pretend that Portland, and Seattle, and several other west coast cities, don't have major issues with homelessness and petty theft and things like that. But ALL cities have problems -- Buffalo and Rochester are not exempt -- and all cities also have wonderful aspects that make them worth visiting or residing in.

Seattle, despite its issues, is a beautiful city with great food and drink, great coffee and legal cannabis, kind people, a thriving arts and music scene, and filled with and surrounded by gorgeous nature. Anyone who exclusively talks smack about Seattle (or any city) without also mentioning its virtues -- PARTICULARLY if they've never been there and are just parroting TV talking points -- irritates me. 

Sorry. Rant over. Thank you for saying what you did. 

Is there anywhere that doesn't have legal cannabis these days? In Buffalo it's hard to drive more than 5 minutes without seeing a place selling it. Have literally 4 places within a 5 minute drive of my house now opened up.

• Like (+1) 1

https://sports.mynorthwest.com/1787616/buffalo-bills-week-8-seattle-seahawks-opponent/

Sounds like the Bills are just OK and not very good from this breakdown.

https://sports.mynorthwest.com/1787626/seattle-seahawks-byron-murphy-ii-block-destruction-hard-to-find/

and this points out that murphy is unblockable and they have not lost when he plays yet.

Edited by MikePJ76
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Pete said:

Victory, son. Nothing else in the world smells like that. I love the smell of Bills Victory in the morning. You know, one time we had Mahomes pummeled, for 12 hours. When it was all over, I walked up. We didn't find one of 'em, not one stinkin' Chief body. The smell, you know that Bills Mafia smell? The whole hill. Smelled like... victory. 

22 minutes ago, MikePJ76 said:

https://sports.mynorthwest.com/1787616/buffalo-bills-week-8-seattle-seahawks-opponent/

Sounds like the Bills are just OK and not very good from this breakdown.

https://sports.mynorthwest.com/1787626/seattle-seahawks-byron-murphy-ii-block-destruction-hard-to-find/

and this points out that murphy is unblockable and they have not lost when he plays yet.

Mike, I hear you.

However, and again I believe the Bills are going to win, but the Bills next winning against a winning team this year will be their first win against a winning team.  

This is on the road in a tough place to play against a division leader.  Keep stacking wins by getting this one.

• Like (+1) 1

49 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

Is there anywhere that doesn't have legal cannabis these days? In Buffalo it's hard to drive more than 5 minutes without seeing a place selling it. Have literally 4 places within a 5 minute drive of my house now opened up.

Legal as in medical or legal as in recreational. Just about everywhere has medical, far less have recreational.

3 minutes ago, Slippery Rubber Mats said:

Legal as in medical or legal as in recreational. Just about everywhere has medical, far less have recreational.

"New Yorkers who are 21 years or older have the legal right to possess, use, and purchase marijuana. Specifically, individuals can carry up to three ounces of cannabis or 24 grams of concentrated cannabis for personal use. There's no need for a medical card to acquire these amounts for recreational use."

4 minutes ago, Logic said:

Nice try, FBI.

Just kidding. I live somewhat near Laurelhurst park, around NE 33rd and Glisan.

Oh dam, right in Portland.  My wife is from Tigard.  We go up there a couple times a year.  I hear there’s a Bills bar there, haven’t been yet though.  Ever go or watch at home?

On 10/21/2024 at 12:19 PM, Dick_Cheney said:

This is the first time the Bills have played in Seattle since I moved here and as much as I'd love to attend since I've never even been to a Bills game, I just can't justify how expensive it'd be for me to go and buy anything other than a nosebleed seat. Didn't entirely realize how pricey going to an NFL game was in the year 2024.

I’m sorry, but watching it at home is so much better. 

• Dislike 1

47 minutes ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

Mike, I hear you.

However, and again I believe the Bills are going to win, but the Bills next winning against a winning team this year will be their first win against a winning team.  

This is on the road in a tough place to play against a division leader.  Keep stacking wins by getting this one.

Yea there is no question there.  At the same time you can only play your schedule and they were outclassed in baltimore early and then they were pretty beat up at houston.  

and fwiw if they lost to Arizona they would be 4-3 and in first place in the west and the jags and jets would be 3-4.  Arizona has beaten SF and the chargers so they are decent

This is a really difficult game sunday which will get harder if bernard is not playing.  

Edited by MikePJ76
  • Like (+1) 2

23 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Oh dam, right in Portland.  My wife is from Tigard.  We go up there a couple times a year.  I hear there’s a Bills bar there, haven’t been yet though.  Ever go or watch at home?

Most weeks I watch at home, but I do go there sometimes for big games, season openers, playoffs, etc.

Tinker Tavern. Nice place. Always have good beer on tap, and they make respectable beef on wecks, pizza logs, and wings. 

It's not an absolutely packed madhouse of a place, the way some Bills bars are. It's got a little bit more of a laid back Portland feel to it. But it's a good time, and it does fill to capacity. If you ever find yourself in Portland and a Bills game is on, I think it would be worth a visit. Drop me a line and the first round is on me.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

On 10/21/2024 at 6:44 PM, RiotAct said:

This game is far from a “must win”, and a close, hard-fought loss  I can definitely live with.

Not another “no-show for an entire half” performance though, please, McDermott and team.

Sorry, but every game is a must win, we need to come out moving the chains on the first possession, can’t be going three and out repeatedly, I’m certain Brady and Allen are going to fix that issue, 

• Like (+1) 2

13 hours ago, Scott7975 said:

This was definitely one of the better ones - more than just a bunch of grunts

- The love seems so genuine between Josh and his teammates - find yourself someone who hugs you like Josh hugs McGovern there at the beginning

- Wonder what the "Doctor" handshake with Sedrick VPG is about 

- Looks like that was his Dad he hugged on the sideline

- Good thing the NFL didn't see the "Shoot!" pregame huddle cheer 😛 

- Taunting Simmons - "You're so Tough - You're so Tough" - OMG.  Then at post game it was all friendly "Keep talking *** - I love ya"

- Closed caption credits Alec Anderson with saying "You're a fat ****" to someone lol, but not sure it was him

- Josh with the Cooooop chant

- Giving Cooper some kind hearted ribbing on the sideline after TD - "Did you celebrate?"

- Had completely forgotten Curry was the QB coach - seems to be engaged a lot with Josh

- Surprised they didn't include any of the playing of Mr Brightside

- Josh asked for picture with Titans coach Scott Fuchs?  

- Hilarious they didn't tell him he was mic'd up - no doubt helped make it so much better (and makes the affectons and reactions all the more genuine)

Edited by stevewin
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

2 hours ago, ChronicAndKnuckles said:

I’m sorry, but watching it at home is so much better. 

I am old, but not yet that old, and nothing else is like the excitement, enjoyment and adrenaline of being there for anything (football game, concert, etc.). 

Edited by Mr Info
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2

15 minutes ago, Don Otreply said:

Sorry, but every game is a must win, we need to come out moving the chains on the first possession, can’t be going three and out repeatedly, I’m certain Brady and Allen are going to fix that issue, 

But I thought this was a must lose game because it's an NFC team.  Winning will hurt our conference record.

• Haha (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Logic said:

Most weeks I watch at home, but I do go there sometimes for big games, season openers, playoffs, etc.

Tinker Tavern. Nice place. Always have good beer on tap, and they make respectable beef on wecks, pizza logs, and wings. 

It's not an absolutely packed madhouse of a place, the way some Bills bars are. It's got a little bit more of a laid back Portland feel to it. But it's a good time, and it does fill to capacity. If you ever find yourself in Portland and a Bills game is on, I think it would be worth a visit. Drop me a line and the first round is on me.

I will for sure- would love to catch a game with you!

• Like (+1) 1