Week 8 - Bills at Seahawks Game Week Thread

BillsFan619

1 hour ago, strive_for_five_guy said:

How does this sound for a play this weekend -  The Bills should call a fake audible in the red zone, where Cooper once again looks to Keon but this time pretending he doesn’t know the play call.  Have Keon point a certain way as though “that” is the route, enough so that the defense sees, but in reality Cooper breaks the route another way.  Like it?

Is that you, Bubba?

• Haha (+1) 1

9 hours ago, stevewin said:

Curious - how did you become a Bills fan living in Seattle with your Dad a huge Seahawk fan

Well, we're actually from NE Oregon. My dad in general was a Seahawks fan since their inception in 1976, as they're basically the local team.

My Bills story, oddly enough, stemmed from their playoff game against Cleveland in 1989. My Uncle was a huge Browns fan and we were at his place to watch the game. I think I was rooting for the Bills just to razz him. It was probably the first time I was interested enough to watch a full football game from start to finish. Watching Jim, Thurman, Andre, and the rest of the crew that day had me completely enamored. From that day forward, I've always been a Bills fan. 

I even remember as a kid writing a letter to Jim, telling him how he was my favorite player, and what a huge fan I was. Should've seen my reaction when I received a response from Jim (the Bills or his PR team). A letter with an appreciative message, essentially a signed post card, and a 3D sports card of Jim with a little stand. That thing sat on my night stand for YEARS lol.

That kind gesture finished setting the hook on my fandom. I've been there through it all ever since.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 5

8 minutes ago, peterpan said:

I unfortunately think the bills lose this one.  We haven’t been playing too great and the west coast travel is tough.  

Bills are going to win this one fairly routinely. Geno Smith is not the type of QB that typically troubles a McDermott team and Metcalf is most likely out. On the other side of the ball, the Bills should be able to move the ball quite easily against a mediocre Seahawks defense. 

34-17 Bills

Edited by buffblue
  • Like (+1) 3

24 minutes ago, Foz said:

Well, we're actually from NE Oregon. My dad in general was a Seahawks fan since their inception in 1976, as they're basically the local team.

My Bills story, oddly enough, stemmed from their playoff game against Cleveland in 1989. My Uncle was a huge Browns fan and we were at his place to watch the game. I think I was rooting for the Bills just to razz him. It was probably the first time I was interested enough to watch a full football game from start to finish. Watching Jim, Thurman, Andre, and the rest of the crew that day had me completely enamored. From that day forward, I've always been a Bills fan. 

I even remember as a kid writing a letter to Jim, telling him how he was my favorite player, and what a huge fan I was. Should've seen my reaction when I received a response from Jim (the Bills or his PR team). A letter with an appreciative message, essentially a signed post card, and a 3D sports card of Jim with a little stand. That thing sat on my night stand for YEARS lol.

That kind gesture finished setting the hook on my fandom. I've been there through it all ever since.

That’s a really dope story, I’m sure the team is thankful for every fan on board with the team!

Special thanks to your uncle lol

Meh, Hags are not great. We are better nearly everywhere, including coaches. 

I like a lot of the matchups and feel the hawks are a sub . 500 team propped up by some woefully inept opponents. 

We may start slow again, but I don't see it here. More likely we roll. 

Edited by RichRiderBills
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, Foz said:

Freakin' Ronnie Harmon

• Angry 1

2 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

I’d feel very good about us if we went up there and won. Not only can the Seahawks really score and really run it physically, the refs are impossible up there. Not saying we won’t win but I’d love to see it

The Seahawks can run it physically? They're literally one of the worst running teams in the league over the last two seasons. Kenneth Walker is a decidedly average back who occasionally hits one big play, and Zach Charbonnet is more of the receiving type. There is nothing scary about Seattle's running game, even against our vulnerabilities. They are not the Ravens.

2 hours ago, Foz said:

This is my exact story! 👍

That game was the first time I had ever watched the Bills…And even though they ended up losing, they were so thrilling to watch…

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Scott7975 said:

Josh to Coleman on that big catch and run "Come on bro I almost caught up to you from where I threw the ball." HHAHAHAHA I paraphrased a little bit but I thought it was hilarious.

I love how Kincaid and Knox are obsessed with getting the lead in the 4th quarter so they can play Mr. Brightside. It’s their number 1 priority. 

• Haha (+1) 2

4 hours ago, Foz said:

That's awesome! I had the same response when I wrote to Marv, with whom I share a birthday (not the year, mind you 😅)

8 hours ago, Scott7975 said:

GagDwwGbMAA7t08?format=jpg&name=large

That’s insane per target and per reception numbers (how do those stack up league wide?). And people say they don’t see WR1 traits for him. This is a small sample set (so maybe not representative) and it’s limited to what he does best. But wow does he crush it.

He's too much for smaller DBs.  If he figures out more parts of his game (why McD is grinding him so hard, to get that work in), he could be something very special. 

• Agree 1

12 hours ago, Logic said:

Awesome! Still considering whether I should go or not. Just got back from visiting WNY and going to the Titans game. Might be tough to convince my wife that going to another game so soon is a wise decision, financially and otherwise.

Sidenote: I spend most of my free Summer days in Washougal. There are so many great swimming holes along Washougal River Road, which I would put up against any swimming holes in the world, in terms of water clarity, natural beauty, etc.

Side side note: I had to drive through Camas for business the other day, and I had Red Leaf organic coffee for the first time and holllly crap was it good. 

Anywho...enjoy the game!

I heard the Camas Pot Holes are fun in the summer.

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Pothole+Falls/@45.5984558,-122.4122603,3195m/data=!3m1!1e3!4m14!1m7!3m6!1s0x5495bc61e90521d1:0xcf315cffc2e2c6fe!2sPothole+Falls!8m2!3d45.5984418!4d-122.4019606!16zL20vMDFoem0w!3m5!1s0x5495bc61e90521d1:0xcf315cffc2e2c6fe!8m2!3d45.5984418!4d-122.4019606!16zL20vMDFoem0w?entry=ttu&g_ep=EgoyMDI0MTAyMC4xIKXMDSoASAFQAw%3D%3D

10 hours ago, ShakAttack said:

Vancouver, WA here (Salmon Creek). 

I planned on going to this game with my wife and son, but tickets were a little too pricey for me. We would need 3 of them and they were $300+ per seat at the time I was looking.:: and we are talking about some of the least desirable seats in the stadium.

So… I don’t know… Might just watch the game at the Portland Bills Backer bar (pretty sure you know of it) but I haven’t completely counted it out just yet; I hear there are great deals on game day, so I’ll keep looking out. 

Anyway, we did attend SoFi last season for the surprisingly tense Chargers vs Bills game. SoFi is pretty funny in that everyone around me was a Bills fan and the vast majority of the crowd was also pro-Bills. 

I'm taking my daughter (her first game ever), her boyfriend, and his brother. Good old dad (me) is paying for the tickets ($300/each) and train there and back. There goes $1500. 

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, HIT BY SPIKES said:

Taxi cab drove past the Seattle Stadium this afternoon on my way to Portland and I rolled down the window to smell the strong aroma of Bills upcoming VICTORY

Victory, son. Nothing else in the world smells like that. I love the smell of Bills Victory in the morning. You know, one time we had Mahomes pummeled, for 12 hours. When it was all over, I walked up. We didn't find one of 'em, not one stinkin' Chief body. The smell, you know that Bills Mafia smell? The whole hill. Smelled like... victory. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

7 hours ago, buffblue said:

The Seahawks can run it physically? They're literally one of the worst running teams in the league over the last two seasons. Kenneth Walker is a decidedly average back who occasionally hits one big play, and Zach Charbonnet is more of the receiving type. There is nothing scary about Seattle's running game, even against our vulnerabilities. They are not the Ravens.

I can’t disagree more. I think Walker is excellent. I think their biggest issue is they throw way too much. If they wanted to run it on you all day, I think they could. They get into modes where they think Geno Smith is Drew Brees. Walker is dangerous.