Week 8 - Bills at Seahawks Game Week Thread

BillsFan619

2 hours ago, HansLanda said:

can argue SEA hasn't really beaten anyone, and DK may have a knee issue, but props to them for traveling east almost as far as possible geographically and getting a dub in ATL.

Record of teams SEA has beaten 11-16

Record of teams BUF has beaten 9-23

• Thank you (+1) 1

I agree with the suggestions to spend much of the non-game time up around Fremont and Ballard. South Lake Union isn't a place with much personality or local charm. I'd personally crawl Fremont. 

Good food is all around the city, and is worth looking into ahead of time. I tend to find that the restaurants are only so-so on Ballard Ave, but they sure do good business. 

6 minutes ago, WNYFAN1 said:

Miami is still a bit weird to factor into buffalos record total which skews this a bunch to be fair.  That dolphins team the bills faced was a heck of a lot better than their current record indicates 

we also didn’t get roasted by the giants which doesn’t count in the beaten category 

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan

2 hours ago, sullim4 said:

I will be there... my once-in-eight-year opportunity to see the Bills with just a half hour's drive versus a cross-country flight.

Don't underestimate the Seahawks.  They are not a great team but they aren't incompetent like the Jets and Seattle is a tough place to play.  For some reason I have a bad feeling about this game, maybe it is BBFS kicking in I dunno.

I will be there as well. 

• Agree 1

Gonna be a game where we need to pound the rock. Seattle has good CBs, and I am almost expecting bone to nab Josh's first INT of the week. 

But they get gashed in the run. Cook/Davis/Johnson need to be used to pound the rock. Some Allen runs as well. That should open the pass game.

• Like (+1) 1

Hawks skill players are very very good with DK Metcalf, JXN, and the hugely underrated Tyler Lockett, with KW3 and Zach Charbonnet as the RBs. What's interesting though is that they lead the league in Pass yards but are just 19th in Passing EPA.  It's an offense with potential. 

Defensively they're fairly average. 16th in success rate, 19th pass EPA, 15th rush EPA. 

Should be a good game

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, dpberr said:

Hope they travel early and get into town on Thursday instead of Friday - I'd hate to see them lose a game due to jet lag.  

Historically ,East to West is not a huge negative to performance . Not a worry. 

• Like (+1) 1

I was pretty worried about this game until I saw who Seattle has played.  They haven't exactly killed it against a gauntlet.  So I'm a bit less concerned.  They do possess a winning record, which cannot be said for any of the teams the Bills have beat so far.  So it'll be a good win to get.  Vegas has us favored fwiw.

I really liked what Cooper had to say after the game. An actual mature, veteran, professional WR!  Hope he, Coleman,and Shakir form a trio the coaches are smart enough to fully utilize.

4 hours ago, sullim4 said:

I will be there... my once-in-eight-year opportunity to see the Bills with just a half hour's drive versus a cross-country flight.

Don't underestimate the Seahawks.  They are not a great team but they aren't incompetent like the Jets and Seattle is a tough place to play.  For some reason I have a bad feeling about this game, maybe it is BBFS kicking in I dunno.

I will tell ya this... if the Bills dont find a way to play 60 minutes against these guys and show up for 40 they are gonna lose ... they better figure out how to play 4 quarters

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, HansLanda said:

can argue SEA hasn't really beaten anyone, and DK may have a knee issue, but props to them for traveling east almost as far as possible geographically and getting a dub in ATL.

Yesterday's win in Atlanta is a pretty quality win. On the road... against a team that looked to be putting it together.

2 hours ago, WNYFAN1 said:

This is an interesting bit of information.

Seattle is traditionally tough at home and they're a solid team. Though Russ showed pretty well with the help of a strong rushing attack there's no doubt that Geno Smith is an upgrade. Geno is actually a bit of a freak athlete... his arm is as strong as anyone's and he's become better at using his size and speed to extend plays.

I expect this to be a tough game.

4 hours ago, sullim4 said:

I’ll have that ‘once every 8 years’ opportunity next year when the Bills come to Atlanta- if they don’t make it one of the international games (which would really piss me off). 
In 2017 the Bills were here for Mercedes Benz Stadium’s inaugural season.  It was McDermott’s first year, Tyrod was the QB, and the Falcons were coming off a Super Bowl appearance. I didn’t spring for the pricey tickets, assuming the Bills would get stomped.  
Best laid plans or Murphy’s law, but the Bills took care of business and kicked their arses and I regretted not going. 
I’ll be there next year, god willing. 

• Like (+1) 1