Playing in Reverse

cgg716

I've made suggestions on this board before that the Bills coach in reverse. Overly timid when it's close, hyper aggressive when in front 

Allen is essentially the defense too, if he gets cooking, the blitzes come, part of that is teams being one dimensional for sure, I'd just like to see it mixed in from time to time in other situations.

Now it's offense too, ineffective 1st down up the middle runs in the first half, but open the flood gates up 2 scores.

It's all just a little infuriating . Any chance we finally find the right mix when it counts?

It’s comes down to conservative play calling on both the O & D, that is borderline moronic, the defense has been infamous for this for years, now it has infected the offense. Time to get notably more aggressive right out of the gates, can yo imagine giving KC ten points immediately in a game, we likely don’t recover from that, 

Do understand I am super happy about a 34-10 win and we thus far own the division, but there is work to do. 

GO BILLS!!!

• Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

36 minutes ago, cgg716 said:

I've made suggestions on this board before that the Bills coach in reverse. Overly timid when it's close, hyper aggressive when in front 

Allen is essentially the defense too, if he gets cooking, the blitzes come, part of that is teams being one dimensional for sure, I'd just like to see it mixed in from time to time in other situations.

Now it's offense too, ineffective 1st down up the middle runs in the first half, but open the flood gates up 2 scores.

It's all just a little infuriating . Any chance we finally find the right mix when it counts?

That’s kind of funny I thought first down running in the first half was very effective and not so much in the second half but we did break a big one.

our offense was really bad on the first couple drives in spite of the first down running being good not because of it imo. it seemed like it was so effective that we thought it would work on second down too and those were frequently getting stuffed if I had to make a rushing criticism 😂

first few drives cook had 5 yard rushes on first down a couple times then an 11 yard td on first down

there were I think only two first down rushes for 2 yards or less in the first half 

the first half issues felt more pass play related, Dawkins had a bad false start that negated a 5 yard run the previous play and Josh got sacked for a loss of 8.  And that first drive Amari dropped a wide open pass 

whatever we were doing on offense early in this one seemed to completely gas out that Tennessee dline so I’m having trouble criticizing too much.  Seemed like mostly execution issues to me in that first half 

I think I’ve gotta watch the game again to figure out what happened defensively 

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan

4 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

Seems like the Bills were playing with the Titans the same way a cat plays with a mouse...letting it think it can escape before finally crushing it.

The announcers after Bills elected to receive- I think they’re saying we're better than you and we know it. 

But ya, I never thought they were done at any point. I literally put in a -3 bet on Buf when down 10-0

3 minutes ago, BillsFan130 said:

And McDermott in the locker room speech was something along the lines of: "didn't recognize that football team in the 1st half".

The players for sure deserve a lot of blame, but the coaches continue to get out schemed in the first  half..

Maybe he should look at himself in the mirror 

Seems like they are wanting to play like they have in the past but don't quite have the pieces to do it and then adjust in game.

• Like (+1) 1

38 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

Seems like they are wanting to play like they have in the past but don't quite have the pieces to do it and then adjust in game.

I actually like what he said, its on the players. 

Baltimore game, Kincaid droped a sure 1st down on 3rd down resulted in a quick 3 and out. Next play Henry broke the long run. 

This past game, Cooper droped a sure 1sr down on 3rd down resulted in a quick 3 and out and then the D allawed the Titans to march down the field. 

So yeah, players need to be accountable too. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

41 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

They won 27-0 in the second half.  The defense gave up 10 points and the offense scored 34.  I get the concern.  Overall, the passing game looked the best its looked.   

4 hours ago, Don Otreply said:

It’s comes down to conservative play calling on both the O & D, that is borderline moronic, the defense has been infamous for this for years, now it has infected the offense. Time to get notably more aggressive right out of the gates, can yo imagine giving KC ten points immediately in a game, we likely don’t recover from that, 

Do understand I am super happy about a 34-10 win and we thus far own the division, but there is work to do. 

GO BILLS!!!

No matter how great Josh is or how much talent this team has, the coaches are mediocre and will find a way to screw things up against better teams. You can set your watch to it. 

56 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

No matter how great Josh is or how much talent this team has, the coaches are mediocre and will find a way to screw things up against better teams. You can set your watch to it. 

Clock management has not been great at crucial points in games, hope this doesn’t come true again, always hoping for the best 🤞

5 hours ago, Big Turk said:

Seems like the Bills were playing with the Titans the same way a cat plays with a mouse...letting it think it can escape before finally crushing it.

Not sure the bills did that but that is the way I used to think about Belichek playing versus the bills.  He could win a game 23=-7 with the game never really in doubt.  Only when he was in a vindictive mood would he run up sthe score and tit would get ugly.

4 hours ago, Mat68 said:

They won 27-0 in the second half.  The defense gave up 10 points and the offense scored 34.  I get the concern.  Overall, the passing game looked the best its looked.   

Gave away 4 points on a pretty uncharacteristic boneheaded taron johnson penalty too.  Probably could’ve held them to single digits 

1 hour ago, Don Otreply said:

Clock management has not been great at crucial points in games, hope this doesn’t come true again, always hoping for the best 🤞

At this point Sean might as well hire a clock management coordinator that stands next to him all game. He was bright enough to hire John Parry. Now he needs to do it again.  He never has and never will be strong with clock management. 

1 hour ago, LABILLBACKER said:

At this point Sean might as well hire a clock management coordinator that stands next to him all game. He was bright enough to hire John Parry. Now he needs to do it again.  He never has and never will be strong with clock management. 

I hate it, but you are probably right, 🍸here’s to Sean figuring it out 😁👍