When did GMFB get so bad?

streetkings01

3 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

when they hired Kyle Brandt? 

Couldn't hop on that train any faster if you tried. 🤣

But seriously it's a show that talks about the NFL all week and we have one more game this game week. I would not be surprised if they get to the Bills at some point if for no other reason than to talk about the addition of Cooper.

5 hours ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Losing both Kay Adams and (more importantly) Nate Burleson changed everything about that show.

Jamie is decent as a host, and probably knows more about football than Kay, but the whole vibe changed. And Nate was just so good he went on to bigger, better things.

I liked Kay but Jamie is better IMO.  Nobody can replace Nate, although Jason was decent as is Akbar.

I really don't like the changes brought on by the move to LA.  First of all, the in-season show has been shortened to 2 hours, which is why they probably give more cursory attention to less "popular" games.  The show also starts an hour later in the eastern time zone (8am vs 7am before).  They have a lot of guest discussion participants because Kyle and Peter are frequently in NY.  The show also seems more scripted and less spontaneous.

6 hours ago, buffaloboyinATL said:

Yeah, dare I say that Get Up, with the nearly intolerable Jets fan Mike Greenberg, is the better morning football show?  I used to enjoy GMFB, but I agree, it ain't what it used to be.  They spend too much time patting themselves on the back, and trying to make themselves part of the story these days. 

Whenever the Jets bomb i make it my purpose to watch Greenburg on Get Up.  Today was especially rewarding, they talked about the WNBA/Baseball playoff for 30 seconds but the first 25 minutes was all about the Jets.  After a while even I couldn't take it.

As far a GMFB now being unwatchable, a lot of the reason is because thy now longer harp on and on about the Bills which they have been doping for several years up until last year and really toned it down this year.

• Thank you (+1) 1

They've reached the sitcom stage of "female character has a baby" so they can have new storylines. I saw a clip the other day and it all looks rebranded with a new set, seems tired and past its time.

I used to like Brandt because I'm into all the 80s stuff myself but he drops so many references it becomes annoying. Every time I see him he's wearing a shirt with Terminator on or the A Team or Rocky 4 or something. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, billsfan714 said:

Amen.   Get up on Espn is what percent Jets or Dallas talk?   30 other teams and these 2 suck the oxygen out of conversation.   Rex is trying to get hired, and acts like he was a great coach, he wasn't.    First take is unwatchable with Stephen A, a man who could say something with 10 words but chooses to do it with a hundred.  When I hear "first of all". "number one", "number two" Im diving for the remote.    Mcafee is another moron surrounded by a clique of other morons.  Cowherd is blowhard, and on and on.  I actually find GMFB one of the least objectionable.

I always hated Cowherd but he's one of the few I watch now. Not his Herd show but the Volume podcast he does with the guy whose name I cannot spell, Middlekauf of something. They do a reactions to the games on a Sunday night and I often watch it on YouTube on Monday morning. Cowherd sits there drinking whiskey, which might explain some of his predictions, but it's a much more relaxed set up than his annoying show.

I tried to watch some of Shannon Sharpe's podcast (again on YouTube) that he does with Chad Johnson Ocho Whatever. That's unlistenable. They do their takes quickly after the games have ended and it's clear they haven't watched them. They just do that blah blah SHOUT blah blah style of analysis which is about as useful as the two of them taking it in turns to break wind

6 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

This is the life cycle of every TV and radio show. 

A show comes on. It's a big success. Everyone loves it.

The suits decide to do some research to find out why it's successful. 

Research tells them that one part of the show is a little more popular. Suits decide to do more of that because people will like it even more.

Viewers still watch but get bored of that one thing being overdone. Suits think they aren't doing that one popular part enough and insist the whole show be that one thing. 

Ratings crater. Producer is fired, hosts get changed, more research is done. Now the show is a complete mess. 

Suits give themselves a bonus.

Ive literally never watched it outside of <30sec clips on Twitter, but this has to be the answer.

1 minute ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Are you forgetting that he gave us Terrell Bernard?

I had to look up what on Earth you're talking about.

Apparently it's easy to forget something that you don't care enough to know about in the first place.