When did GMFB get so bad?

streetkings01

I think i stopped watching all of these shows and pregame shows about 7-8 years ago. 

These people just wanna talk about storylines. You can tell they dont watch the games and just spew out a generic breakdown of these games. 

It was tough to stomach.....and I can barely stomach the games broadcaster nowadays. 

55 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

when they hired Kyle Brandt? 

He's an actor (and not a good one at that) playing the role of what a sportscaster would be in a film...a over exaggerated parody version of that. His takes aren't genuine and he often comes across as a kid in a middle school lunchroom trying to impress his buddies. About as knowledgeable as well 

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

i can honestly say I have never watched it.  I have never really watched the nfl network actually.  I always found it lousy and can't stand the former players they have always had.

I did love the nfl films Americas Team pieces they did back in 06-07-08.  I think that is the only time I ever watched the network.

44 minutes ago, FireChans said:

Had a special part in Bills fans hearts because Brandt and Schrager were jumping on the Bills as a plucky up and comer right around 2019.

Agree and it was good when Brandt came up to the Bills-Pats playoff blowout and he spent a good time praising the Mafia and WNY delicacies.  

Now, they focus on names rather than teams...Rodgers, Mahomes, a little bit of Josh here and there.

35 minutes ago, zow2 said:

I don't watch GMFB anymore, agree it's not that good.  I prefer the first 30-45 mins of Get Up as they go over some of the big stories..  I like Rex and some of the guys on set and their opinions. 

Rex and Mike are intolerable.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, PromoTheRobot said:

This is the life cycle of every TV and radio show. 

A show comes on. It's a big success. Everyone loves it.

The suits decide to do some research to find out why it's successful. 

Research tells them that one part of the show is a little more popular. Suits decide to do more of that because people will like it even more.

Viewers still watch but get bored of that one thing being overdone. Suits think they aren't doing that one popular part enough and insist the whole show be that one thing. 

Ratings crater. Producer is fired, hosts get changed, more research is done. Now the show is a complete mess. 

Suits give themselves a bonus.

This is it entirely. It seems to have run its course. 

And like @DrDawkinstein, @NewEra and @Solomon Grundy said; losing both Nate Burleson and Kay Adams was likely the nail in the coffin for quality. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Losing both Kay Adams and (more importantly) Nate Burleson changed everything about that show.

Jamie is decent as a host, and probably knows more about football than Kay, but the whole vibe changed. And Nate was just so good he went on to bigger, better things.

Kay was eye candy, but not as good as Jamie controlling conversation…prior to the location change.  Burleson was the real loss.

Used to like Kyle Brandt.  Now I’m tired of his schtick. Too concerned about making himself the story.

Edited by davefan66
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

I think it really started going downhill once they hired Kyle Brandt and Peter Schrager.

Brandt just yells and yells and thinks hype replaces knowledge, good details and good, original analysis.

While Schrager is a fan boy, surprisingly never moving on from his name dropping, over and over, star struck personality, still almost shocked that he gets to meet and be around high profile NFL players and personalities. And he lets us know it directly every time.

You have to figure both men are not respected by the real announcers and football people. They tend to show this when the two men are included in their shows.

Too annoying and not any real substance there, and the only professional seems to be Jamie Erdahl.

I just tape and watch NFL Live in the morning when I want some am football.

1 hour ago, Ramza86 said:

I think i stopped watching all of these shows and pregame shows about 7-8 years ago. 

These people just wanna talk about storylines. You can tell they dont watch the games and just spew out a generic breakdown of these games. 

It was tough to stomach.....and I can barely stomach the games broadcaster nowadays. 

Amen.   Get up on Espn is what percent Jets or Dallas talk?   30 other teams and these 2 suck the oxygen out of conversation.   Rex is trying to get hired, and acts like he was a great coach, he wasn't.    First take is unwatchable with Stephen A, a man who could say something with 10 words but chooses to do it with a hundred.  When I hear "first of all". "number one", "number two" Im diving for the remote.    Mcafee is another moron surrounded by a clique of other morons.  Cowherd is blowhard, and on and on.  I actually find GMFB one of the least objectionable.

Edited by billsfan714