When did GMFB get so bad?

streetkings01

GMFB used to be a go to show on Mondays, but now they hardly show highlights and spend a majority of the show focusing on a few select teams while sprinkling 10 second highlights of the rest of the games. How long before they scrap this show….its looking like it’s ran its course!

53 minutes in and not a single Bills highlight smh 

Edited by streetkings01
  • Agree 3
  • Haha (+1) 2

• streetkings01 changed the title to When did GMFB get so bad?
Just now, streetkings01 said:

GMFB used to be a go to show on Mondays, but now they hardly show highlights and spend a majority of the show focusing on a few select teams while sprinkling 10 second highlights of the rest of the games. How long before they scrap this show….its looking like it’s ran its course!

I always found it to be more of a talk show than something like sportscenter.  

• Agree 1

This is the life cycle of every TV and radio show. 

A show comes on. It's a big success. Everyone loves it.

The suits decide to do some research to find out why it's successful. 

Research tells them that one part of the show is a little more popular. Suits decide to do more of that because people will like it even more.

Viewers still watch but get bored of that one thing being overdone. Suits think they aren't doing that one popular part enough and insist the whole show be that one thing. 

Ratings crater. Producer is fired, hosts get changed, more research is done. Now the show is a complete mess. 

Suits give themselves a bonus.

• Like (+1) 12
  • Agree 6
  • Haha (+1) 7
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 4

14 minutes ago, streetkings01 said:

Yeah, dare I say that Get Up, with the nearly intolerable Jets fan Mike Greenberg, is the better morning football show?  I used to enjoy GMFB, but I agree, it ain't what it used to be.  They spend too much time patting themselves on the back, and trying to make themselves part of the story these days. 

Edited by buffaloboyinATL
  • Agree 2

When Erdahl and Mccourty became the new permanent hosts.  Instead of having the natural chemistry with the original group everything became forced.  Now it is just some weird daily mash-up with Kyle and Peter randomly flying back and forth (and omg when Te'o is on i cant watch) .  I love it when Erdahl is out - any guest host is better to me.  Everything she does feels so forced to me - wish they had put Colleen Wolfe in that seat 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 6

2 minutes ago, buffaloboyinATL said:

Yeah, dare I say that Get Up, with the nearly intolerable Jets fan Mike Greenberg, is the better morning football show?  I used to enjoy GMFB, but I agree, it ain't what it used to be.  They spend too much time patting themselves on the back, and trying to make themselves past of the story these days. 

I may have to try that show. During the spring and summer I don’t watch much football talk shows because not enough is going on to warrant it, but on Mondays I’d like to see real football talk and highlights regarding the games that were played, not 30 minutes on Rodgers, Adams and the Giants!

1 minute ago, RiotAct said:

Let me guess… 95% NYJ-PIT and KC-SF talk?

95% NYJ and Giants talk….like why are the Giants a topic of discussion for 10-15 minutes other than Barkley returning?

4 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I only ever watch on black monday. Beyond that I'd rather stick pins in my eyes. 

I just found it to be a show with paid actors about hyping up fans for their respective teams. The angry runs thing was fun the first couple of times, and then it got old very fast.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

The move to LA killed it.   They did a decent job of covering every game quickly on Mondays last year.   Now with half of them on TV and the fluff pieces they do it’s brutal.    But that’s what west coast does.   It’s soft and bland.   Having an opinion is almost frowned upon…my company’s headquarters is in Southern California.    

• Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, buffaloboyinATL said:

Yeah, dare I say that Get Up, with the nearly intolerable Jets fan Mike Greenberg, is the better morning football show?  I used to enjoy GMFB, but I agree, it ain't what it used to be.  They spend too much time patting themselves on the back, and trying to make themselves part of the story these days. 

Get Up is definitely better. Better crew, and for as much a Jets fan as Greeny is, he is usually complaining about their demise and hyping up Josh Allen as the best QB in football.

The only one I dont like is Bart Scott, but he is rarely on.

• Thank you (+1) 1