The Bills beat the Titans because of you... (superstition/karma reasons)

Just Jack

I took my son to his first regular season game. We’ve done kids day many times but he’s about to turn 8 so he fully understands they don’t mean anything. 

When the schedule came out I had this one pegged since Titans stink, I didn’t anticipate a big opposing fan presence in our section, weather “should” be decent, etc. 

The whole weekend was absolutely perfect. We left Ohio early Saturday morning and drove right to the Naval yard (well, technically stopped at Starbucks in Hamburg for a coffee and ended up running into one of my buddies from high school I hadn’t seen for a few years). Didn’t get to stay as long as we would have liked too but he really loved exploring all the ships.

We grabbed lunch then headed over to the stadium where we got a full tour of the field house, press box, weight room, locker room, and field as a thank you for 10 years of being a season ticket holder. Very cool to see all the facilities and my son loved running around on the field and diving into the end zone. 

After the tour we went into the Bills store to buy some gear and we ran into James Cook! He was casually strolling through the store with a couple buddies and was gracious enough to stop for a quick picture with my son who was beaming. We wished him luck and moved along. 

Had some great wings and then obviously were treated to a great victory with absolutely perfect weather. Tailgate was great, lots of nice people all around us. One neighbor gave him a Bills cookie which he was pumped about. Stadium environment couldn’t have been better either. We know a lot of the people around us but everyone was great. Got lots of high fives and singing of the shout song. Leaving the stadium he was getting tons of high fives from random strangers as he led the shout chant.

Very special weekend for my family getting this fourth generation Bills fan his first real taste. Especially meaningful for my dad who lost his own father when he was in his early 20s. My wife and I couldn’t stop gushing about how perfect it all was.

• Like (+1) 2

I called my best friend (who still lives in Buffalo) at halftime so we could complain about all the problems.  ...Face it, the one big good thing was the long pass to Coleman in the first half, and it was a blown coverage...  As soon as they started playing better we stayed on the phone for the entire second half to not break the spell.  It worked.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

I am partly responsible for the clumsy start in the first half, but thankfully I caught my mistake so I’m also responsible for the dominant second half.  

I realized that my Bills flag was hung the wrong way on the front porch.  Noticed about half way through the 2nd quarter and promptly fixed it.  Crown of the helmet toward the mailbox.  I’ll remember from now on.

I forgot to put my Bills flag up until half time.  Smooth sailing after that...

• Like (+1) 2

I left the Bills backer bar at half time. Same one I was at for the Houston game that i didn’t leave at half time. Maybe this week I won’t go there at all and the Bills can actually show up for the first half. 🤞

Edited by Starr-Bills
P.s. you’re welcome, go Bills!
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, billsfanmiamioh said:

I took my son to his first regular season game. We’ve done kids day many times but he’s about to turn 8 so he fully understands they don’t mean anything. 

When the schedule came out I had this one pegged since Titans stink, I didn’t anticipate a big opposing fan presence in our section, weather “should” be decent, etc. 

The whole weekend was absolutely perfect. We left Ohio early Saturday morning and drove right to the Naval yard (well, technically stopped at Starbucks in Hamburg for a coffee and ended up running into one of my buddies from high school I hadn’t seen for a few years). Didn’t get to stay as long as we would have liked too but he really loved exploring all the ships.

We grabbed lunch then headed over to the stadium where we got a full tour of the field house, press box, weight room, locker room, and field as a thank you for 10 years of being a season ticket holder. Very cool to see all the facilities and my son loved running around on the field and diving into the end zone. 

After the tour we went into the Bills store to buy some gear and we ran into James Cook! He was casually strolling through the store with a couple buddies and was gracious enough to stop for a quick picture with my son who was beaming. We wished him luck and moved along. 

Had some great wings and then obviously were treated to a great victory with absolutely perfect weather. Tailgate was great, lots of nice people all around us. One neighbor gave him a Bills cookie which he was pumped about. Stadium environment couldn’t have been better either. We know a lot of the people around us but everyone was great. Got lots of high fives and singing of the shout song. Leaving the stadium he was getting tons of high fives from random strangers as he led the shout chant.

Very special weekend for my family getting this fourth generation Bills fan his first real taste. Especially meaningful for my dad who lost his own father when he was in his early 20s. My wife and I couldn’t stop gushing about how perfect it all was.

I took my 8-year-old son to his first game this year, too! Unfortunately, it was the Houston game, haha. But everything was perfect other than the last second field goal. Bummer.