7 games in, 3.5-game division lead…

eball

It being so early is a bad thing though (although I'm not complaining).  Still a lot of season left.  

At this point, I see Miami as a bigger threat just because their team may drastically change overnight when they get Tua back, and they have a half-game lead over NY.   They also have a decent stretch of winnable games ahead (Cardinals, Rams, Raiders, Patriots, with the Bills game mixed in there.  Say they beat the Bills and win 3 of those 4 "easy" games, that takes the tiebreaker away and they are suddenly 6-5, which doesn't leave a lot of room for error with the Bills.  

But if the Bills can win that home game, that is a ton of space to make-up in 10 games.

The Jets just look ill, but their schedule is manageable.  2-5 is a pretty big hole.  If the Bills can hold serve in that home-game, the jets would essentially have to go like 8-1 in their other games just to have a chance, and thats with the Bills being pretty disappointing.

Miami and the Jets also have to play each other twice.  If they split, thats awful for them 

In short, if the Bills can hold-serve against the Dolphins and Jets at home, it would be very hard to lose the Division.

Edited by May Day 10
  • Like (+1) 1

Just now, May Day 10 said:

It being so early is a bad thing though (although I'm not complaining).  Still a lot of season left.  

At this point, I see Miami as a bigger threat just because their team may drastically change overnight when they get Tua back, and they have a half-game lead over NY.   They also have a decent stretch of winnable games ahead (Cardinals, Rams, Raiders, Patriots, with the Bills game mixed in there.  Say they beat the Bills and win 3 of those 4 "easy" games, that takes the tiebreaker away and they are suddenly 6-5, which doesn't leave a lot of room for error with the Bills.  

But if the Bills can win that home game, that is a ton of space to make-up in 10 games.

The Jets just look ill, but their schedule is manageable.  2-5 is a pretty big hole.  If the Bills can hold serve in that home-game, the jets would essentially have to go like 8-1 in their other games just to have a chance, and thats with the Bills being pretty disappointing.

Can Tua stay healthy at this point. He has a lot of history with concussions. 

It sounds kind of crazy but if the Bills just won their division games and lost every other game they'd probably win the AFC East. It would put them at 9 wins with the tie-breakers. Jets would have to win 8 of their other 9 remaining games in that case. Dolphins 8 of 10. Neither team is that good and all three team's schedules are much more difficult

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, May Day 10 said:

The Rams have been competitive in every game except AZ, and they're going to have both Nacua and Kupp back for the Miami game, which is a home game for the Rams. I definitely like the Rams in that one. 

The Jets are really a woeful organization.  I didn't think Saleh was necessarily a great or good coach, but he has had some bad circumstances & firing him when they did was ridiculous (imo).

I mean, how'd that work out for them?  Their season is pretty close to over at this point.  They just seem in complete disarray.  I actually feel bad for their fans - but not the franchise or ownership.  

1 minute ago, Success said:

The Jets are really a woeful organization.  I didn't think Saleh was necessarily a great or good coach, but he has had some bad circumstances & firing him when they did was ridiculous (imo).

I mean, how'd that work out for them?  Their season is pretty close to over at this point.  They just seem in complete disarray.  I actually feel bad for their fans - but not the franchise or ownership.  

If they fired Hackett instead of Saleh they pry win their last two games imo.  It sends a message to the locker room that this isn't Aaron's team and the defense doesn't drop off the last two weeks when you have a d-coordinator trying to be a head coach at the same time.  Thank you Woody Johnson.

2 minutes ago, dma0034 said:

Though I'm pretty confident that loss was against the Bills

It was in 2022 regular season game.  Good call.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Saxum said:

Remember it is Deek's fault if we lose and it is our win if he falls down, breaks leg and cannot go.

Break a leg!

After a solid SIXTY years of fanatically living and dying with this team, it probably is my fault. Sorry, everyone! 

5 hours ago, MikePJ76 said:

on October 21, 1991 (Greatest Year ever by the way, thank you Seattle) the Bills were 7-1 after beating the bengals 35-16.

The Jets were 4-4

Miami was 3-5

New England was 3-4

Indianapolis colts were 0-8.

Seems kind of similar.  

side note, Pearl Jam released another great album this year just like 91 and Jerry Cantrell is about to release what appears to be a great new album.  

disagree with you on Pearl Jam, the recent stuff is a faaaaaar cry from everything Avocado and before, in my opinion!

30 minutes ago, dma0034 said:

It sounds kind of crazy but if the Bills just won their division games and lost every other game they'd probably win the AFC East. It would put them at 9 wins with the tie-breakers. Jets would have to win 8 of their other 9 remaining games in that case. Dolphins 8 of 10. Neither team is that good and all three team's schedules are much more difficult

That is a pretty simple way to look at it, but true.  It isn't that far-fetched for them to win all 4 (3 of them at home, 2 vs the Patriots who look terrible right now)

I cant imagine the Jets or Dolphins winning games at that high of a clip (both are in awful losing skids).  You'd also need the Bills to lose-the-table vs Seattle, Colts, Rams, Chiefs, Lions, and 49ers

7 hours ago, eball said:

…who expected that?  The Fish are technically only 2.5 games back but the Bills hold the tiebreaker.  They get Tua back next week but they are not a team to be feared  The Jests are a certifiable mess after losing yet again; whatever “boost” Woody Johnson was hoping to gain by firing Saleh has backfired.

It’s always interesting to look at how the season progresses when various teams are pumped up (Fish, Jests) in the offseason and others are “downgraded” (Bills).

After running through an early season gauntlet the path to a 5th consecutive division title looks remarkably clear.  5 home (Fish, Chiefs, 49ers, Pats, Jets) and 5 road (Seattle, Colts, Rams, Detroit, Pats) games left.  They’ll be favored in all but the game at Detroit.

Hell of a job by Beane retooling this roster on the fly, and then seeing what he needed to do to make it even better and taking advantage of a dumpster fire in Cleveland to grab Cooper.

It is a super fun time to be a Bills fan.

I wish the division was a little better.  There is no competition.  I think we need a little challenge, of which, there is none and doesn't seem like there will be any for the near future.  All three opponents have NO quarterback.  None.  Cakewalk to the AFCE title. 

7 hours ago, BillMafia716ix said:

The biggest thing to me is that our rookies are contributing Keon Coleman, Dewayne Carter and Ray Davis have played well. Getting Coop was highway robbery by us. This was suppose to be a mini rebuild year for us but I think this team can contend right now. 

Yesterday's offense results by our two rookies, Coleman and Davis was rather quite extraordinary.

6 hours ago, bills6969 said:

I wouldn’t count out the Fish just yet.  They get Tua back next week, then we play them in two weeks.  if we slip up in that game they’ll be right back in the picture.

One more head bump on the ground and Tua’s career is over, the guy’s noggin is very fragile, everyone, and I mean everyone knows this. 

• Like (+1) 1