7 games in, 3.5-game division lead…

eball

23 hours ago, NewEra said:

Mahomes has 6 TD passes and 8 Ints.  His starting WRs are worthy and Watson.  Juju is their best WR by a country mile. If they don’t add a WR, I think our defense matches up just fine if healthy. 

Our offense, we’ll see once Cooper gets acclimated.  We’ll see if Brady can avoid his terrible stretches of play calling.  Right now, the chiefs have the advantage due to Reid and Spags (just as they always have), but we can beat them (just as we always have in the regular season).  Given that it’s a regular season game, if we’re 8-2 playing at home, it should be a push at the least, maybe advantage Bills. 

Do you think Miami is a threat to win the east?  Do you give them a 10% chance to win the division?  Maybe lower?

I feel like DHop is gonna end up there.

• Agree 3

13 hours ago, Savage said:

I can be fun.

you can’t play half a game and expect to win.

the Bills always suck, and come out unprepared to start the game, every game.

coaches don’t seem able to make changes / adjustments until the half.

that ***** doesn’t fly against good teams.

I remember when they came out against Jacksonville, man did they suck that day.  

4 hours ago, foreboding said:

I feel like DHop is gonna end up there.

Same.  I feel they’re definitely going to land a WR before the deadline, most likely Hopkins.  Not sure if I’d really mind that too much atm.  He doesn’t look like the same guy running routes, but I’m sure that would change if he joins KC

20 hours ago, The Red King said:

Should be 3 game lead, not 3.5.  Dolphins are 2.5 games behind us, we have the tie-breaker, so even another 0.5 gain gets them the division lead.

That being said, Tua's return could boost the 'phins, assuming he stays healthy, which is a big if.  The Jets are a bewildering dumpster fire at this point.  The Pats are, well, terrible.  It helps as in, if the Bills don't screw this up (like the 'phins last season), they should be an almost lock to make the playoffs and host at least their first playoff game at bare minimum.  So, it certainly helps.

If I'm Tua and I see the Bills on the schedule I find myself not able to play that week. Just sayin'.

On 10/21/2024 at 3:23 PM, GunnerBill said:

See I wouldn't our roster up against any of those except Pittsburgh. I think the other three all have better rosters than us. Can the Bills beat any of them if they are on their game and it all comes together? Sure. But I think they have more talent.

This is little confusing to me.

As for Chiefs, I assume that you also (rightfully) think that they have better HC/DC combo, and slightly better QB. So, if they also have better roster, why do we always either win, or if we lose, it is in the closest way possible?

As for Houston, do you really think they have better roster? If so, why they needed possibly the worst performance from JA17 in the past 3 years and one of the worst decisions by coaching staff to beat us at home by 3 points with clutch long FG? I know that Collins was hurt, but he scored TD before that, we had some injuries too and we didn't have Cooper.

54 minutes ago, No_Matter_What said:

This is little confusing to me.

As for Chiefs, I assume that you also (rightfully) think that they have better HC/DC combo, and slightly better QB. So, if they also have better roster, why do we always either win, or if we lose, it is in the closest way possible?

As for Houston, do you really think they have better roster? If so, why they needed possibly the worst performance from JA17 in the past 3 years and one of the worst decisions by coaching staff to beat us at home by 3 points with clutch long FG? I know that Collins was hurt, but he scored TD before that, we had some injuries too and we didn't have Cooper.

Well previous years I haven't thought the Chiefs had a much better roster I thought it was nip and tuck or even for some of that period that the Bills had a better roster. I don't think that about this interation of the Bills. 

As for the Texans... they were down guys but I also just think the Bills are a tough out for them style vs style. 

Seattle is one of only four teams on the Bills remaining schedule with a winning record through week 7.

The others are Chiefs (6-0), @Lions (5-1) & '@Indy (4-3).  Until yesterday, I thought 49'rs would be a test, but losing Aiyuk is a fairly major negative.

One game at a time, but reason to be optimistic.  Do wish we had a do-over vs. the Texans.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, BearNorth said:

Seattle is one of only four teams on the Bills remaining schedule with a winning record through week 7.

The others are Chiefs (6-0), @Lions (5-1) & '@Indy (4-3).  Until yesterday, I thought 49'rs would be a test, but losing Aiyuk is a fairly major negative.

One game at a time, but reason to be optimistic.  Do wish we had a do-over vs. the Texans.

1 seed is going to be very difficult given that the Bills are 1.5 games back of KC and don't have the tie breaker over the Texans or Ravens. But if the Bills can take care of the games they are "supposed to win" (both Pats games, home against the Jets/Fins, and Rams) and then you win 3 of the 5 other games (KC, 49ers, Detroit, Colts, and Seahawks) that's gonna put the Bills 13-4 which should put the Bills "in play" for the 1 seed. If there's an unexpected loss in the other 5 games the Bills go 12-5 which puts the 1 seed as an outside chance (if they beat KC). 

Hard to look too far ahead but I think these next 3 games are going to be massive for the Bills chances at the 1 seed. If they win these next 3 that's gonna put them in a good spot to have a chance at 13-4. Just beat the Seahawks and keep building the division lead because one or two bad losses is all it takes to change the outlook of a season. 

7 hours ago, boyst said:

Mvs went to saints 

I'm glad he didn't return to KC to share Bills' intel, not that it necessarily matters that much as the teams already know each other pretty well, but sometimes it only takes one play to swing a game or one tiny tid-bit of knowledge of a given play.

It's great that we're firmly atop the division, but hopefully we start seeing wins against actual GOOD teams. We've coasted on a weak schedule, which is part of the reason why there's not a lot of "Josh Allen for MVP" chatter.

If they can start beating playoff caliber teams, the narrative will change. Right now it looks like Lamar is the favorite, followed by Goff & Mayfield of all people.

The injuries are starting to pile up. Won't be long before Tyrod is starting.

Rich Cimini on X: "Aaron Rodgers is listed with knee, ankle and hamstring injuries and will be limited today (only a walk through). The hamstring "flared up" vs Pitt, per Ulbrich, who says it may have compromised his mobility on a few plays in which he could've scrambled. #Jets" / X

14 hours ago, Another Fan said:

I don't see why not 6-0 vs the AFC East this year 

Certainly possible. Coming into the season the Fins and Jets were supposed to be the biggest challengers for the Bills. The Bills got road wins against both. NE is horrible but the Bills have to be careful they don't one of those "Billsy" type of games that pop up every season. The Bills will be favored in the rematch's vs the Fins and Jets at home.

Edited by Gregg

19 hours ago, BearNorth said:

Niners will test the Bills run defense.  That 4 game stretch where we get the Chiefs, Niners, Rams, and Lions will tell us a lot about this team. Stopping the Chiefs, Niners, and Lions running attack is going to be a real test. They are 3 of the top 10 running attacks in the NFL based on yards rushing per game. Thankfully the Rams can't run the ball and appear to have packed it in.  

20 hours ago, BearNorth said:

Purdy is also turning into a pumpkin this year, which sucks for him because he was about to get paid. 

We're going to steamroll the 49ers