7 games in, 3.5-game division lead…

eball

…who expected that?  The Fish are technically only 2.5 games back but the Bills hold the tiebreaker.  They get Tua back next week but they are not a team to be feared  The Jests are a certifiable mess after losing yet again; whatever “boost” Woody Johnson was hoping to gain by firing Saleh has backfired.

It’s always interesting to look at how the season progresses when various teams are pumped up (Fish, Jests) in the offseason and others are “downgraded” (Bills).

After running through an early season gauntlet the path to a 5th consecutive division title looks remarkably clear.  5 home (Fish, Chiefs, 49ers, Pats, Jets) and 5 road (Seattle, Colts, Rams, Detroit, Pats) games left.  They’ll be favored in all but the game at Detroit.

Hell of a job by Beane retooling this roster on the fly, and then seeing what he needed to do to make it even better and taking advantage of a dumpster fire in Cleveland to grab Cooper.

It is a super fun time to be a Bills fan.

• Like (+1) 8
  • Agree 13
  • Awesome! (+1) 3

4 minutes ago, eball said:

…who expected that?  The Fish are technically only 2.5 games back but the Bills hold the tiebreaker.  They get Tua back next week but they are not a team to be feared  The Jests are a certifiable mess after losing yet again; whatever “boost” Woody Johnson was hoping to gain by firing Saleh has backfired.

It’s always interesting to look at how the season progresses when various teams are pumped up (Fish, Jests) in the offseason and others are “downgraded” (Bills).

After running through an early season gauntlet the path to a 5th consecutive division title looks remarkably clear.  5 home (Fish, Chiefs, 49ers, Pats, Jets) and 5 road (Seattle, Colts, Rams, Detroit, Pats) games left.  They’ll be favored in all but the game at Detroit.

Hell of a job by Beane retooling this roster on the fly, and then seeing what he needed to do to make it even better and taking advantage of a dumpster fire in Cleveland to grab Cooper.

It is a super fun time to be a Bills fan.

The biggest thing to me is that our rookies are contributing Keon Coleman, Dewayne Carter and Ray Davis have played well. Getting Coop was highway robbery by us. This was suppose to be a mini rebuild year for us but I think this team can contend right now. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 5
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Gregg said:

Maybe. Maybe not. I could see it opening up as a pick em or one team is favored by a point.

4 minutes ago, eball said:

Not if the Bills are 8-2 going in, which is certainly possible since the next three games are Seattle, Miami, and Indy.

The Bills and Chiefs have one opponent in common. The Baltimore Ravens. They beat the Ravens and we got crushed by the Ravens.

Plus, the Chiefs, most likely, will be 9-0 coming here.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Disagree 2
  • Agree 2

1 minute ago, Beast said:

The Bills and Chiefs have one opponent in common. The Baltimore Ravens. They beat the Ravens and we got crushed by the Ravens

Except that’s not how odds making works.  An 8-2 Bills squad playing at home will not be an underdog to any team in the league.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

7 minutes ago, Beast said:

The Bills and Chiefs have one opponent in common. The Baltimore Ravens. They beat the Ravens and we got crushed by the Ravens.

Plus, the Chiefs, most likely, will be 9-0 coming here.

The Bills matchup well vs KC. The games are usually close and in the regular season the Bills find ways to win them. Unfortunately, the same can't be said for the playoffs. Unless more injuries hit the Bills defense will be much healthier this time vs last year's playoff game. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, thenorthremembers said:

Really underestimating the Seahawks and the Bills having to go out West.  5 of the next 7 games are tough.    I am not sure the division ever gets tight but the Bills have to start showing they can play a full game.   Good teams will blow them out if they dont start getting out to faster starts

Seattle looked really good yesterday vs the Falcons. This will be a tough game but a game I think the Bills will win. You are 100% correct on starting faster. Keep starting slow and good teams will beat the Bills.

• Like (+1) 5

8 minutes ago, Gregg said:

The Bills matchup well vs KC. The games are usually close and in the regular season the Bills find ways to win them. Unfortunately, the same can't be said for the playoffs. Unless more injuries hit the Bills defense will be much healthier this time vs last year's playoff game. 

I would agree they’ve matched up well in previous seasons. I don’t think that’s the case now , as the Bills defense is currently a liability. The Chiefs defense is stout and stingy. The Bills won’t be favored vs KC, and they shouldn’t be- barring a major KC injury. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

26 minutes ago, BillMafia716ix said:

The biggest thing to me is that our rookies are contributing Keon Coleman, Dewayne Carter and Ray Davis have played well. Getting Coop was highway robbery by us. This was suppose to be a mini rebuild year for us but I think this team can contend right now. 

Were you thinking that after the first quarter?  The first 3 drives were embarrassing. Brady has lots to figure out still.  

to your point, I agree that we can contend right now (if we remain relatively healthy).

• Agree 2