Ray Davis and James Cook

Italian Bills

2 hours ago, HOUSE said:

Both are really good but let's not forget the OL

You are correct, RBs aren’t successful without a quality O-line, 

• Agree 1

34 minutes ago, sunshynman said:

I disagree, Cook is more the home run hitter. And I think coming in 2nd fuels Davis to run harder. I keep things like they are until it stops looking like its working.

He ran harder as the starter against the Jets and ran harder as the lead back in the second half vs the Titans….point blank period the kid runs harder regardless of the situation. I like Cook….i just think you get better production with him as the #2/change of pace/3rd down back.

Edited by streetkings01
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1

I'm not interested in who's "better."   I just hope Brady uses them correctly.

Cook isn't fast but he is quick and has good vision and picks his way through space effectively.  

Davis is a little battering ram.  Hits holes rapidly and smashes into tacklers violently, carrying them for a few yards.  

They're not exactly fast elusive OJ and big bruising Braxton, but it's something like that - a complimentary pair each with their own unique strengths and proper usage.  

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

54 minutes ago, streetkings01 said:

He ran harder as the starter against the Jets and ran harder as the lead back in the second half vs the Titans….point blank period the kid runs harder regardless of the situation. I like Cook….i just think you get better production with him as the #2/change of pace/3rd down back.

Ty started the game against the Jet's. Davis came in 2nd. It's working, I don't mess with it at this point. 

• Dislike 1

1 hour ago, hondo in seattle said:

I'm not interested in who's "better."   I just hope Brady uses them correctly.

Cook isn't fast but he is quick and has good vision and picks his way through space effectively.  

Davis is a little battering ram.  Hits holes rapidly and smashes into tacklers violently, carrying them for a few yards.  

They're not exactly fast elusive OJ and big bruising Braxton, but it's something like that - a complimentary pair each with their own unique strengths and proper usage.  

There is a noticeable "clack" when Davis runs into a defender.... followed by 2-3 yards more before he hits the ground. He brings it

Edited by Uncle Monkeyhead
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Uncle Monkeyhead said:

There is a noticeable "clack" when Davis runs into a defender.... followed by 2-3 yards more before he hits the ground. He brings it

As the games closer and weather colder that will be very impactful.  Also, a couple holes that Davis had a healthy Cook gets 40 instead of 20.  Cook and Davis both can catch block and run. I will say it again.  I want 21 or 22 with Cook in the slot or out wide with Davis in the backfield.  Use Cook in motion or let him smoke a baker or safety outside. Over adjust run Davis.  Find ways to get Cook in space. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

He still isn't going to make guys miss like Cook. But against a team with major beef in the middle like the Titans maybe I'd have flipped the snap counts last night. Worth saying on Davis's big run 3rd Quarter the Bills two guards did a terrific job on the two massive Tennessee DTs. Edwards took Simmons out of the play and Torrence had a terrific block on Sweat. COT has been an encouraging story the last two weeks. He had a garbage first month of the year but he has just played two good games back to back. Rather suggests those of us who speculated he had come into the season out of shape might have been onto something. Took him 4 weeks to get game fit. 

Ya Cyborg and the whole OL have been playing phenomenal against 2 tough,physical fronts. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1