If Myles Garrett is available.. How much are you willing to offer?

SCBills

3 hours ago, Beast said:

I really have thought this over. He is the most dominant d-end in the game. 28 years old. 800 grand this year….and will need to be extended. 30 million plus.

I offer two first rounders. I think he’d add such a force to this defense that we’d be considered a favorite to win the Super Bowl.

Hea dominant yes. But the most dominant? No. That’s Watt or Crosby. And if you’re trading assets like you’d have to for Garrett I’d rather you go the avenue for the other 2. BUT, those guys aren’t likely to be had. Probably neither is Myles; he’s stated he wants to finish his career in Cleveland multiple times. He’s the more likely if any. And again, the 2 firsts is what it’s going to take for any pass rusher of quality who’s not on the final year of a deal. 

How good is this roster is the question? Can they afford to skip prime draft prospects for a few years in the hope it nets them a SB? Can they afford to keep inflated contracts that make the team age book top heavy?

3 hours ago, Savage said:

Well,

the CAP is telling me the Bills will not win a SB with Josh Allen.

unfortunate.

sometimes,

you just need to say F-it, mortgage the future, and take a really big shot at it.

that time is pretty much now with the Bills.

Savage, I don’t normally do this, but you might be right as Mike Ginetti from. Spotrac stayed with what they’ve paid out, he like Amari may only cost us $800k, but here’s the kicker.  We’ll need to pay him and Amari next year hefty salaries, and surrender a 1st and probably GROOT.  As much as I think GROOT is great, I’d be nuts not to agree Myles is a life changing DE.

• Agree 1

Yeah, nobody will be saying Garrett is too expensive if we win the Super Bowl, possibly if we even just make it. At a certain point the numbers and "next year" simply don't matter. The way things are looking right now, we likely shouldn't be worse than the 3 seed, and it's possible we somehow get even higher than that.

When that's the situation you're looking at and how close we've been in recent years, I simply don't know why we wouldn't sell the house to absolutely maximize our talent.

• Agree 1