If Myles Garrett is available.. How much are you willing to offer?

SCBills

There was a thread last week asking what is Greg Rousseau worth.... since decision time is coming for his extension.

Many in the thread guessed it may cost $20m per for Greg going forward.

Now i'd compare that to what it'd cost to bring Myles Garrett here & ask who do you think would be better value for the cost?

If you're Beane do you want to pay a Rousseau $20m per or would you prefer paying a Myles Garrett?

15 hours ago, ghostwriter said:

I would much rather go with Rousseau and Epenesa. I know they’re not in the same stratosphere as Myles Garret but they’re both B+ starters with upside.

Umm combined, they do less than Garrett.

I’d give up this years 1st and 2nd for him and maybe even throw in a player.  The guy is a legit difference maker and there is a need for one.

• Like (+1) 1

13 hours ago, Ethan in Cleveland said:

He has two bad feet that will require surgery. If they lose their next two games don't he surprised if they move him to IR so he can have surgery sooner to be ready for 2025. 

I feel like no one read this post.  Just continued “to whatever it takes” posts. 

I looked it up, as our own Von Miller was traded mid season to the Rams, who WON THE SUPERBOWL that year.  

“Nov. 1, 2021: The Rams trade their second and third-round picks in the 2022 draft to the Denver Broncos for OLB Von Miller. The Broncos agree to pay $9 million of the $9.7 million owed to Miller for the rest of the 2021 season”

It was a one year rental for the Rams.  We signed Von the next year.  

at the time of the trade Von was 32.  Garrett is currently 28.

Maxx Crosby could be another potential target

39 minutes ago, brianthomas said:

There was a thread last week asking what is Greg Rousseau worth.... since decision time is coming for his extension.

Now i'd compare that to what it'd cost to bring Myles Garrett here & ask who do you think would be better value for the cost?

If you're Beane do you want to pay a Rousseau $20m per or would you prefer paying a Myles Garrett?

I’d be paying Garrett. hands down better value 

Edited by peterpan
  • Like (+1) 1

37 minutes ago, brianthomas said:

I hope our GM can think out of the box.

• Agree 1

I didn't realize he was just 28.  I thought he was older for some reason.  Under contract through 2025 with an option year in 2026?  If we could retain one of our 2025 or 2026 first rounders, I'd definitely think about it.  But that would pretty much preclude us from an Amari Cooper or other WR1 signing.  Seems like we'd have to prioritize WR1 vs Elite Edge.  

No, thanks. The Von Miller debacle was enough of that kind of experiment. Keep the picks. If Beane trades for anyone, let it be an experienced safety. That's the missing piece in this defense. They really could use two high-caliber safeties, but one might be enough. 

2 hours ago, NoName said:

The most I would give is a first and a fourth.

Agree.... yes he's a phenomenal pass rusher but he's about to be 29 years old. We can't afford another Von scenario where his age turns into injuries?  I'd lean toward keep drafting and hopefully an elite pass rusher falls in our lap on a cheap rookie deal.