If Myles Garrett is available.. How much are you willing to offer?

SCBills

25 minutes ago, QCity said:

This is completely wrong. He has cap hits of $20M through 2026 then it escalates to $37M. Oh, and there's also 4 void years already tacked onto the end of his contract 😂

Does an acquiring team assume the void years as well? Or do those accelerate to the dead cap hit of the original team?

• Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, Kingston Bills Fan said:

1st 2nd and Kair Elam they’ll be looking for young talent back

If you’re throwing a young player in I’d be more inclined to give either AJ or Groot. Whoever they choose. 

That’s just me as it might trigger them to agree given a reasonable talent at the same position with draft picks is headed their way to replace. 

4 minutes ago, Sojourner said:

If you’re throwing a young player in I’d be more inclined to give either AJ or Groot. Whoever they choose. 

That’s just me as it might trigger them to agree given a reasonable talent at the same position with draft picks is headed their way to replace. 

Don’t they need secondary help? I think it’s a weakness for them the upside of Elam might intrigue them

24 minutes ago, MiracleAtRich1393 said:

Does an acquiring team assume the void years as well? Or do those accelerate to the dead cap hit of the original team?

All accelerate into next year's dead cap for the transferring team.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Kingston Bills Fan said:

Don’t they need secondary help? I think it’s a weakness for them the upside of Elam might intrigue them

Ward/Newsome/Emerson are their corners. Delpit/Hickman/Thorhill the safeties. 
The secondary isn’t that bad, but you take away Garrett they only have Zadarius Smith producing pressure from the edge. He’s getting up there in age. 

1 hour ago, QCity said:

This is completely wrong. He has cap hits of $20M through 2026 then it escalates to $37M. Oh, and there's also 4 void years already tacked onto the end of his contract 😂

image.thumb.png.01d6e91fc3a1b37d70568817892b0c30.png

In Blue is the money the Bills would be responsible for, and the cap hit of base salary. In Orange is the money the Browns already paid in a signing  bonus. In Yellow is money that gor restructured into a bonus to drive his salary cap down (I think) that the Browns have already paid. 

40 minutes ago, Sojourner said:

Ward/Newsome/Emerson are their corners. Delpit/Hickman/Thorhill the safeties. 
The secondary isn’t that bad, but you take away Garrett they only have Zadarius Smith producing pressure from the edge. He’s getting up there in age. 

They don't need any of the Bills young players, they need draft and cap relief. Buffalo can provide the picks but not the cap relief

9 minutes ago, appoo said:

image.thumb.png.01d6e91fc3a1b37d70568817892b0c30.png

In Blue is the money the Bills would be responsible for, and the cap hit of base salary. In Orange is the money the Browns already paid in a signing  bonus. In Yellow is money that gor restructured into a bonus to drive his salary cap down (I think) that the Browns have already paid. 

They don't need any of the Bills young players, they need draft and cap relief. Buffalo can provide the picks but not the cap relief

Yeah. I get that. The point was if they’re taking on a player it wouldn’t be Elam, who was suggested, but rather someone at the position Garrett is leaving…

Trade isn’t happening. We aren’t likely to be giving up the assets or finances. Still can be a hypothetical to chat about. 

Edited by Sojourner

No, I am done giving up a ton of assets for the DL. Multiple high picks and a bunch of cap space that could be used building the offense around Allen. I know Garrett is a star but he is not going to be the reason this team wins a Super Bowl. Allen throwing to a boatload of weapons with great pass protection, that will be the reason. Whatever money Garrett would get next year, give it to Amari Cooper.

• Agree 3

9 hours ago, Sojourner said:

What are you smoking?

7 hours ago, HappyDays said:

No, I am done giving up a ton of assets for the DL. Multiple high picks and a bunch of cap space that could be used building the offense around Allen. I know Garrett is a star but he is not going to be the reason this team wins a Super Bowl. Allen throwing to a boatload of weapons with great pass protection, that will be the reason. Whatever money Garrett would get next year, give it to Amari Cooper.

That works! 

10 hours ago, HappyDays said:

I think they will likely be focused on a 1 tech DT in round 1 whether they retain Cooper or not.  Daquan has become a liability in run defense and Bernard is the key to their defense at this point so they are going to justify it with the need to protect their one playmaker on D.   Big Deone Walker seems like a likely target.   If they didn't have a first they'd have to get more creative at DT1T which makes more sense than using a high pick on one and maybe ending up with Mazi Smith 2.0.

If you know they aren't going to go offense would that change your mind?   Garrett's cap numbers would be modest at least because you'd be paying the Browns in draft capital to eat those guarantees.   I'm not opposed to paying veteran edge and island difference makers.   Ultimately, I'd like to end up with a player like Garrett and DE and DK Metcalf opposite Coleman and Shakir.