If Myles Garrett is available.. How much are you willing to offer?

SCBills

Folks his base salary & cap hit would be the vet minimum until 2026 when he turns 31. He's 29. TWENTY-NINE WITH A $1M CAP HIT THROUGH 2026!!!

And he's either the best or 2nd best DE alive depending on if you'd rather TJ Watt. 

You offer up this years and next years first, both 2nd rounders, and if they want Kair Elam you go ahead and give them him as well

• Dislike 1

17 hours ago, SCBills said:

Their QB is a disaster.  An albatross.  And is now all of that with a major injury recovery ahead of him.

They’re in blow it up territory. 

Garrett has been a good soldier for them, but it’s probably about time they restock the cupboard and give him

a chance to win.   Nevermind his disgust today with the Cleveland fanbase.  

When I look at our team, the only thing I see missing is consistent pass rush…

His contract is easily absorbed this year and then he’s under contract for two more years at heavy cap hits, but those are also two prime Garrett years. 

SCB, did I miss we have another $50 mil. Lying around as he’s $20+ mil/yr. Amd under contract through 2026, and would command most likely two #1’s.  He’s in his 8th year.

I get that it’s a hypothetical, but do you check Spotrac, and not only his contract, but his age, and years under contract.  Lastly, his age.  It’s a good thing to check all those things before considering should We do it.

I’ll agree he’s a game wrecker.  What actually made a ton of sense is Cooper who costed just over $800 k.  He was more than worth the 3rd round pick.

We can look in the off season when we have cap savings next year to consider another asset.  I just don’t see it this year.  If anything before the trade deadline, an economical add, or bringing back Micah if we needed it for the stretch.

10 minutes ago, appoo said:

Folks his base salary & cap hit would be the vet minimum until 2026 when he turns 31. He's 29. TWENTY-NINE WITH A $1M CAP HIT THROUGH 2026!!!

And he's either the best or 2nd best DE alive depending on if you'd rather TJ Watt. 

You offer up this years and next years first, both 2nd rounders, and if they want Kair Elam you go ahead and give them him as well

I'd do Rousseau, 2025 1st, the 2025 Diggs 2nd, and 2026 2nd rounder. And yeah sure Kaiir Elam too if they want him 🤣

12 minutes ago, appoo said:

I could be wrong, but a lot of marquee players who get traded demand new contracts. I'd be shocked to see Garrett continue to play for 2 more years on his old contract.

1st and 2nd or 1st and a 3rd.  Do they need a tight end? We have a starting caliber one we hardly ever use for some reason..

Worth it, though I would rather have Crosby probably.

The one thing the Bills have not had under McDermott is a dominant defensive lineman, pass rusher, a la Bruce Smith. Imagine what that does for this extremely well coached defense?

Like someone said on this forum recently, the main difference between the Bills and the Chiefs has been Chris Jones.

So, if that is the case, and it very well could be, how much is too much?

Josh should not break the team's bank this year or next, but settle for less. He wants a Super Bowl, or 8, and he could get by on 40-50 million a year.  If not, he knows the fans will start Go Fund me pages and such if he ever needs money for milk, bread, eggs, TP--we won't let him starve or have an itchy kiester.

Edited by Mister Defense

21 minutes ago, Mister Defense said:

1st and 2nd or 1st and a 3rd.  Do they need a tight end? We have a starting caliber one we hardly ever use for some reason..

Worth it, though I would rather have Crosby probably.

The one thing the Bills have not had under McDermott is a dominant defensive lineman, pass rusher, a la Bruce Smith. Imagine what that does for this extremely well coached defense?

Like someone said on this forum recently, the main difference between the Bills and the Chiefs has been Chris Jones.

So, if that is the case, and it very well could be, how much is too much?

Josh should not break the team's bank this year or next, but settle for less. He wants a Super Bowl, or 8, and he could get by on 40-50 million a year.  If not, he knows the fans will start Go Fund me pages and such if he ever needs money for milk, bread, eggs, TP--we won't let him starve or have an itchy kiester.

Von was it pre-injury. Defense went from top 5 to bottom 5 in a lot of metrics after he went down.

And yes totally agree, Jones is a wrecker, we do not have one currently.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Nephilim17 said:

I could be wrong, but a lot of marquee players who get traded demand new contracts. I'd be shocked to see Garrett continue to play for 2 more years on his old contract.

Why? He’s already gotten his bonus money from the Browns. 

54 minutes ago, appoo said:

Why? He’s already gotten his bonus money from the Browns. 

Because he can. It's been done numerous times by big-name players. They get a new contract with the new team.

I'm not saying it's right but that's how it goes. 

I've been posting for a couple of weeks that I thought Garrett might be available and would be a great fit for the Bills needs.  Getting Cooper when the Browns are cleaning house was one thing, and I was thinking an even greater need would be addressed by Garrett.  But I was chastised, correctly, that the cost in draft picks would be exorbitant, and not something Beane would countenance. 

We'd have to throw in Rousseau -- the only DE on the team who regularly does anything -- and probably two firsts, to get Garrett.  That's just not gonna happen.

35 minutes ago, Utah John said:

I've been posting for a couple of weeks that I thought Garrett might be available and would be a great fit for the Bills needs.  Getting Cooper when the Browns are cleaning house was one thing, and I was thinking an even greater need would be addressed by Garrett.  But I was chastised, correctly, that the cost in draft picks would be exorbitant, and not something Beane would countenance. 

We'd have to throw in Rousseau -- the only DE on the team who regularly does anything -- and probably two firsts, to get Garrett.  That's just not gonna happen.

I don’t know if you were chastised for the cost in draft picks or for the thought that DE was a bigger need than WR. That wasn’t a reasonable opinion prior to Cooper.

Obviously Garrett is an elite player. He may be the best defensive player in football and plays a very important position. If you had a chance to get him, who cares what it costs. You’d be the Super Bowl favorite. I don’t know much about these injury issues people are talking about. If he’s injured, you can’t make that big offer. 

4 hours ago, machine gun kelly said:

SCB, did I miss we have another $50 mil. Lying around as he’s $20+ mil/yr. Amd under contract through 2026, and would command most likely two #1’s.  He’s in his 8th year.

I get that it’s a hypothetical, but do you check Spotrac, and not only his contract, but his age, and years under contract.  Lastly, his age.  It’s a good thing to check all those things before considering should We do it.

I’ll agree he’s a game wrecker.  What actually made a ton of sense is Cooper who costed just over $800 k.  He was more than worth the 3rd round pick.

We can look in the off season when we have cap savings next year to consider another asset.  I just don’t see it this year.  If anything before the trade deadline, an economical add, or bringing back Micah if we needed it for the stretch.

You need to take a swing at the fence sometimes, rather than being happy with singles and doubles.

singles and doubles will only get you so far.

just like the Bills for the last 6-7 years.

• Agree 1

4 minutes ago, bobobonators said:

This is an imaginary scenario. But who here wouldn’t give up a 1st round pick for an elite pass rushing talent? It’s ludicrous not to. 

If Garrett was coming out in the draft he’s prob got top 3 overall. 

He’s 29 at the end of the season. He was the 1st overall in 2017.

im not giving up multiple 1st for him.  That's before you factor in issues with cap space for the next few years.

• Agree 1

6 hours ago, appoo said:

This is completely wrong. He has cap hits of $20M through 2026 then it escalates to $37M. Oh, and there's also 4 void years already tacked onto the end of his contract 😂